The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

How long do you think Hartley should be given then?

It depends on results and performances for me. If we see an improvement in performances i.e. we actually create chances and look more threatening going forward, I'd give him until at least January to improve results.

If it's similar to the Houston situation of last season, where results are bad and there's no  noticeable improvement in performances by October, I'd get rid of him.

Anyone who watched the game on Saturday and doesnt have concerns is either deluded or has no idea of football.  That said it is day one and there's time to get it right starting with Saturday where we need to see a vast improvement in team formation and performance.  A win isnt imperative but we need to be looking to take at least a point backed up by signs that things are going in the right direction.

It depends on results and performances for me. If we see an improvement in performances i.e. we actually create chances and look more threatening going forward, I'd give him until at least January to improve results.
If it's similar to the Houston situation of last season, where results are bad and there's no  noticeable improvement in performances by October, I'd get rid of him.

Right that’s cool Scotty. Stop with the horrendous negative shite until October then and get behind the team x

5 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

The thing is though that the board have stated we are going all out for promotion this season. Can we really wait till we were in the same position as last season until we change the manager? 

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

The thing is though that the board have stated we are going all out for promotion this season. Can we really wait till we were in the same position as last season until we change the manager? 

What on earth do you expect the BOD to say, they are in the business of selling season tickets!

If, and it is a huge if, we are in the same dire straights as last season come November then talk about changing the manager but to do so just now is ridiculous.

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

What on earth do you expect the BOD to say, they are in the business of selling season tickets!

If, and it is a huge if, we are in the same dire straights as last season come November then talk about changing the manager but to do so just now is ridiculous.

I never said anything about changing it just now. I said can we wait till we are in the same situation as we were last season before ditching him and therefore right off another season? If the BOD come out and say they are flinging everything into going for promotion surely they cant wait as long as they did last season to change the manager.  It needs to be done before we are out of the title race and not after. Anyway hopefully we will see a big improvement on Saturday and things will start to look up.

18 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Houston got about 6 games before folk started calling for his head the reaction on here after 1 game is unbelievable

At least Houston had been in charge for years, so you could somewhat understand people feeling things were a bit stale. I do think some people completely discount what Houston managed to do though. Finished 2nd - twice - and reached a Scottish Cup Final. Yet some think he totally fucked up the club, which seems more than a tad unfair. I'm sure he made mistakes and it probably was time for him to leave but deserves a little credit I think.

Hartley hasn't even been in charge for 12 months yet and has totally revamped the squad but people want him chopped after one league game? Fair enough if you're sitting 8th at Christmas but give the new guys a chance surely?

Cant see how anyone can expect us to reach the playoffs when we have one shot on target in our first game of the season at home. We should have been so up for this game especially after last season and it was lacklustre to say the least no creativity no urgency didn't see one player knock their pan in for the team, jersey or the supporters

9 minutes ago, S-Bairn said:

Cant see how anyone can expect us to reach the playoffs when we have one shot on target in our first game of the season at home. We should have been so up for this game especially after last season and it was lacklustre to say the least no creativity no urgency didn't see one player knock their pan in for the team, jersey or the supporters

jesus f****ing christ!!!

35 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I never said anything about changing it just now. I said can we wait till we are in the same situation as we were last season before ditching him and therefore right off another season? If the BOD come out and say they are flinging everything into going for promotion surely they cant wait as long as they did last season to change the manager.  It needs to be done before we are out of the title race and not after. Anyway hopefully we will see a big improvement on Saturday and things will start to look up.

See, thats the spirit.

32 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

At least Houston had been in charge for years, so you could somewhat understand people feeling things were a bit stale. I do think some people completely discount what Houston managed to do though. Finished 2nd - twice - and reached a Scottish Cup Final. Yet some think he totally fucked up the club, which seems more than a tad unfair. I'm sure he made mistakes and it probably was time for him to leave but deserves a little credit I think.

Hartley hasn't even been in charge for 12 months yet and has totally revamped the squad but people want him chopped after one league game? Fair enough if you're sitting 8th at Christmas but give the new guys a chance surely?

Stop being reasonable, makes me sick to my toes.

10 minutes ago, S-Bairn said:

Not sure how much effect last season will have on players who weren't even here last season.

2 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Failkirk Failball Club.

IMG_0293.jpg

McCoist knows a thing or two about failing in the Championship.

20 minutes ago, S-Bairn said:

When was the last time we won a first game of the season?  In that period we've finished from 2nd to 8th.  Yes there is things to be concerned about like the lack of any cutting edge in the last third, but its game 1 of the season.  I'm not a happy clapper, but equally I'm not reaching for the parachute just yet.

If the goal had stood from the corner, this place would have been so much more bearable this week!

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

Need you guys to be confident and cocky before the game in October.

It's no fun beating a Falkirk side if the fans are moping around feeling sorry for themselves.

We could be sitting top of the table and there would be cockwombles on here complaining about something.

Tbf, we are letting you guys get cocky and over confident before we kerbstomp you all. But shoosh, don't tell anyone else.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Need you guys to be confident and cocky before the game in October.

It's no fun beating a Falkirk side if the fans are moping around feeling sorry for themselves.

By the time that comes around I would expect you guys to be bitching about the rank inconsistency of Longridge and Hippo and wondering why Craigen has disappeared without trace.

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

By the time that comes around I would expect you guys to be bitching about the rank inconsistency of Longridge and Hippo and wondering why Craigen has disappeared without trace.

Come October, Longridge will be injured, Hippo will have forced a transfer request after being racially abused again and Craigen will be on loan at Raith.

Just to put things into a bit of perspective here we have effectively had since middle of Jun  with players arriving up until the start of the season  given we had the basis of the team there minus 3 arriving 2 weeks prior to season kick off 

so basically not saying all of the team but in 720 minutes of playing together they should beready , what was it 2009 was the last time we won an opening day game.