The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Did Buaben feature in any of the lists that have kicked about on here of players without a club? I dont recall seeing his name.

It was only Scottish players if i mind right 

6 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

It was only Scottish players if i mind right 

Wee bit surprised that he wasnt snapped up before now having looked back he made 22 appearances for Hearts last season. Assuming he wasnt absolute clown shoes for all of them, which going by the Hearts fans reaction he must not have been, it seems odd he never got a deal until now. 

Not sure if its really an example of McKinnons contacts paying off since everyone in Scotland knows who he is, but it just seems quite left field.

Anyway, Paul Paton, fancy a few days off?

DizzyKindlyFairyfly-max-1mb.gif

Rudden we need to keep beyond January, Lewis i think offers something or has potential just by the looks is still adjusting to the game up here, Mackin not seen him yet but think could offer something if the tactic is lump it up to the big c**t up front to score and Haber have yet to see anything from him other than an Obstacle on the park for folk to go round which is still pretty much more than any of our defence has done.

Rudden we need to keep beyond January, Lewis i think offers something or has potential just by the looks is still adjusting to the game up here, Mackin not seen him yet but think could offer something if the tactic is lump it up to the big c**t up front to score and Haber have yet to see anything from him other than an Obstacle on the park for folk to go round which is still pretty much more than any of our defence has done.

Agreed on Rudden. Boy has serious potential. That workrate of his will be his biggest asset and I think one day he would make an excellent 1 up front type player.

Also agree on Mackin. He has his limitations but he has the same strengths as Haber, likely a higher work rate and he is our player so get Haber tae f**k. Inwas excited by his signing but he simpmy isnt producing. Free up his wages for someone else.

Also think you are right with Dennon. He is looking more confident now and looking to get involved. Its pretty mental the damage Hartley appears to have done to some of these laddies in such a short time, considering the differences McKinnons arrival seems to have made. Dennon didnt even look to have a first touch. The only criticism I could level at him in the last two weeks would be poor decisions at the final pass, and shiting out of challenges.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Agreed on Rudden. Boy has serious potential. That workrate of his will be his biggest asset and I think one day he would make an excellent 1 up front type player.

Also agree on Mackin. He has his limitations but he has the same strengths as Haber, likely a higher work rate and he is our player so get Haber tae f**k. Inwas excited by his signing but he simpmy isnt producing. Free up his wages for someone else.

Also think you are right with Dennon. He is looking more confident now and looking to get involved. Its pretty mental the damage Hartley appears to have done to some of these laddies in such a short time, considering the differences McKinnons arrival seems to have made. Dennon didnt even look to have a first touch. The only criticism I could level at him in the last two weeks would be poor decisions at the final pass, and shiting out of challenges.

Defensively i would drop Dallison bring Brough into his position, Robson at LB  keep Harrison where he is as think he is growing into the position and as mentioned sign a RB as much as a like Aero he isnt a RB or a Captain and was woeful against Dundee Utd.

We have to remember a lot of these guys are still young and are either still learning or suffering a lack of confidence probably cause they were being ripped a new arsehole by Hartley.  So far i have been impressed with McKinnon he seems to be a good manager and they do seem to be settling a lot more.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
It's a miracle we've not scored 40 goals this season with all that attacking talent Bairnardo.

Odd thing to post

Not as odd as you praising our pish squad to the hilt after they scraped a 2-0 against part-time Alloa.

Not as odd as you praising our pish squad to the hilt after they scraped a 2-0 against part-time Alloa.
Dont think I praised them to the hilt tbh. By all means keep on having digs at the squad or at me but I dont think anything I have said about that match is particularly out of tune tbh. You seem to be hanging on to the fact that goals stated by Hartley and the board are unlikely to be met and determined to keep beating our squad with that stick. I personally am more focused on looking for what is potentially there that can drag us out the shit.

Nor was there any inference in my post above that I think we have a wealth of attacking talent. I simply agreed we shoud try to keep Rudden, that Haber should GTF and that Dennon looks more confident now Hartleys gone. You can bend it any way you want to in order to make wee snide posts at me of course.

Sometimes you need to take a mitigated risk though. How long would it take to “reserve judgement”? When should a decision to sign (or not) be made?

I am not arguing. We need players to improve us now, not just January.

I am just not going to get caught up in the summer euphoria again.

I think on paper it is decent and what we require but let’s wait and see

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Dont think I praised them to the hilt tbh. By all means keep on having digs at the squad or at me but I dont think anything I have said about that match is particularly out of tune tbh. You seem to be hanging on to the fact that goals stated by Hartley and the board are unlikely to be met and determined to keep beating our squad with that stick. I personally am more focused on looking for what is potentially there that can drag us out the shit.

Nor was there any inference in my post above that I think we have a wealth of attacking talent. I simply agreed we shoud try to keep Rudden, that Haber should GTF and that Dennon looks more confident now Hartleys gone. You can bend it any way you want to in order to make wee snide posts at me of course.

Dennon Lewis is utter pish. As are Mackin and a non trying Haber. All three need to be gone sharpish. 

Our only goal threat is Rudden. He needs help in January, or ideally before. All areas of the team are bad and need gutted but another striker/forward to help Rudden would be priority for me alongside a right back.

By the end of January I’d be expecting our team to look something like this.

NewGK
NewRB McGhee NewCB Brough
NewCM Buaben Irving
NewRW Rudden NewLW

I would say there’s now potential for a couple players in the squad to take one of the ‘new’ positions like Petra at RW or one of the CBs but they will need to play consistently well from now through November.

By the end of January I’d be expecting our team to look something like this.

NewGK
NewRB McGhee NewCB Brough
NewCM Buaben Irving
NewRW Rudden NewLW

I would say there’s now potential for a couple players in the squad to take one of the ‘new’ positions like Petra at RW or one of the CBs but they will need to play consistently well from now through November.
I would see if Mitchell can play his way into new GK.

It is quite intriguing what will happen with Greenwood and Russell. Fitness was mentioned before. Would be like two new signings if they get up to speed.

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I would see if Mitchell can play his way into new GK.

It is quite intriguing what will happen with Greenwood and Russell. Fitness was mentioned before. Would be like two new signings if they get up to speed.

Could be complete hearsay / rumours but I’d heard Greenwood’s attitude is rank i.e. doesn’t train very hard, doesn’t take his own fitness seriously etc.

Hopefully not the case as I’d like him to do well for us but he’s barely made an appearance other than the consolation at Partick