The Falkirk FC Thread

beating alloa doesn't make everything alright and things are great again and we had every chance v united till the keeper took a daft turn, but this is with a squad of players who just a few weeks ago couldn't have complained if they were 4-0 down at home to Forfar at HALF TIME!!!  we have improved, the question is how far can we continue improving and will it be enough. Saturday's game is massive now, just hope the improvements continue.

2 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Edibairn
Do you think players can improve or if they start shit that where they stay?
Petra - competition winner and useless. What happened to make him a player
Harrison- far too slow and unfit. Been our possible best defender recently
Dallison - a bombscare. Now starting to find his feet at this level.
Lewis- headless chicken. Now providing service for Rudden
Now before you give me the pish you hand out to positive poster I agree that we are not yet at a level I would like to see us at. But these players have improved and perhaps they can develop more. At the present moment I would accept us getting to 8th as a great achievement

A bit too much walk before a crawl 're Dallison and Harrison, I did remain positive 're Lewis and again all three not proven nothing yet. It's the many others on the list who have disappeared the bigger concern, Turner, Mackin,toe, sammut  Russell etc

No team in this league can afford that many no show first team players

12 minutes ago, MrDust said:

A bit too much walk before a crawl 're Dallison and Harrison, I did remain positive 're Lewis and again all three not proven nothing yet. It's the many others on the list who have disappeared the bigger concern, Turner, Mackin,toe, sammut  Russell etc

If RM is playing them in reserve games and they are following the same formation  and instructions then its an adjustment period for them do well in reserves they get there place in the first team should they be required or that would be my thinking of it 

16 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

If RM is playing them in reserve games and they are following the same formation  and instructions then its an adjustment period for them do well in reserves they get there place in the first team should they be required or that would be my thinking of it 

Bigger picture yes but our reserves are a bit of a joke in some positions it's pick a straw coz that's where you are playing.

Only Robson has worked his way into the starting 11 post a reserve game

37 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Robson cost us up at Dingwall with his half hearted & skewed clearance. We were holding our own (to an extent) that day till that happened. Would maybe try him out at left mid before left back tbh.

I think Robson's as a good a defender as Brough TBH and is better going forward (although Brough's not too bad at that). Brough tried to clear a ball on Saturday and ended up skying it before it landed in the middle of the box.

Risking happy clapper accusations but I genuinely think there's a player in Dennon Lewis. He's young & learning his trade but tries to play football, I think a more confident and stronger Lewis would be a good #10.

Happy with the way our 3 pronged attack are developing under Ray and I'd be delighted if we could keep them all for next season.

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

You’re no kidding. My updated list, including Prince, makes it 26 full time players who we are paying wages to. And that’s not including kids like Dunne who are also first team eligible. Savings must be made in January. I’m sure there were noises from the Club that they were aiming for around 20 first team players of reasonable quality? Not really worked out clearly.

Goalkeepers (3)

Fasan (1 yr)

Mitchell (1 yr)

Mutch (3 yrs)

Defenders (8)

Robson (1 yr)

McGhee (1 yr)

Muirhead (1 yr)

Dallison (2 yrs)

Harrison (2 yrs)

Kidd (1 yr)

Brough (1 yr)

Russell (6 months)

Midfielders (9)

McKee (1 yr)

Owen-Evans (1 yr)

Sammut (1 yr loan)

Froxylias (1 yr initial & 1 yr option)

Paton (2 yrs)

Greenwood (1 yr)

Petravicius (2 yrs)

Irving (6 month loan)

Bauben (4 months)

Strikers (6)

Lewis (1 yr initial)

Turner (6 month loan)

OHara (1 yr)

Mackin (1 yr)

Haber (1 yr loan)

Rudden (6 month loan)

You’re no kidding. My updated list, including Prince, makes it 26 full time players who we are paying wages to. And that’s not including kids like Dunne who are also first team eligible. Savings must be made in January. I’m sure there were noises from the Club that they were aiming for around 20 first team players of reasonable quality? Not really worked out clearly.
Goalkeepers (3)
Fasan (1 yr)
Mitchell (1 yr)
Mutch (3 yrs)

Defenders (8)
Robson (1 yr)
McGhee (1 yr)
Muirhead (1 yr)
Dallison (2 yrs)
Harrison (2 yrs)
Kidd (1 yr)
Brough (1 yr)
Russell (6 months)

Midfielders (9)
McKee (1 yr)
Owen-Evans (1 yr)
Sammut (1 yr loan)
Paton (2 yrs)
Greenwood (1 yr)
Petravicius (2 yrs)
Irving (6 month loan)
Bauben (4 months)

Strikers (6)
Lewis (1 yr initial)
Turner (6 month loan)
OHara (1 yr)
Mackin (1 yr)
Haber (1 yr loan)
Rudden (6 month loan)

The best thing about that list is the fact that most of them have a year or less. A couple like turner and Russell could be emptied easily in January to extend the likes of Irvine, rudden and/or buaben if he does well.

Not an issue for me that demi has 2 years, dallison and Harrison could work out but the big shocker is Paton, obviously been given that to see out his career despite it being already over and he is probably one of our highest earners.

8 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Goalkeepers (3)

Fasan (1 yr)

Mitchell (1 yr)

Mutch (3 yrs)

Defenders (8)

Robson (1 yr)

McGhee (1 yr)

Muirhead (1 yr)

Dallison (2 yrs)

Harrison (2 yrs)

Kidd (1 yr)

Brough (1 yr)

Russell (6 months)

Midfielders (9)

McKee (1 yr)

Owen-Evans (1 yr)

Sammut (1 yr loan)

Paton (2 yrs)

Greenwood (1 yr)

Petravicius (2 yrs)

Irving (6 month loan)

Bauben (4 months)

Strikers (6)

Lewis (1 yr initial)

Turner (6 month loan)

OHara (1 yr)

Mackin (1 yr)

Haber (1 yr loan)

Rudden (6 month loan)

At least a lot of them will only have 6 months to go come January. With any luck  a few will wander off with a couple months in their pocket with a new club lined up. Can but dream. 

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

is one of the most disgusting things I've ever read. WTF are we supposed to do with him until summer 2020? He can barely run the length of himself FFS.

Paul Hartley really is a useless c**t.

TBF we did give Sheps sorry Edibairn a 2 yr deal

Come on guys. We have been honking. We have seen slow improvement under McKinnon but we beat a very poor part time team, all be it with something in hand.

Let’s wait and see what happens this coming Saturday. FWIIW I think we will get something