The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Ivanhow said:

For the duffers XI I would offer Mark McGraw, Billy Mcneill (came from or went to the Shire I think), Brian Whittaker, Shane Supple and the manager would be Gerry Collins. 

Wouldn’t have Whittaker anywhere near a worst XI. The manner of his death on the motorway near Polmont was seriously horrible, and he was still a guy with half of his life yet to live. He had some comically bad performances for us, but for every one of those, he also gave plenty of rock solid ones.

23 minutes ago, Kennedys_Moustache said:

We are world class, when it comes to the dark art of signing bad goalkeepers. We've managed a few class ones as well, but most of them are more foul hits than home runs. 

....but we have also had some gems. Slater, Whigham, Rennie, Donaldson, Watson, Parks, even Schmeichel and Krull, then McGloves too. They haven’t all been bad.

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

....but we have also had some gems. Slater, Whigham, Rennie, Donaldson, Watson, Parks, even Schmeichel and Krull, then McGloves too. They haven’t all been bad.

I didn't say they were, I acknowledged we'd had class ones. Recently though, it's been skewed more towards mince. The best two we've had have been loans. Schmeichel and Krul, and neither of them have been that recent. 

19 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Two players bapped out the team cause they've got drink problems.. Load of shite.

Well, they're good players, and they've been here long enough to be fit. Eagerly awaiting a plausible reason, as we are shite and those two are good enough to be playing. Have they fallen out with McKinnon the way the whole team did with Hartley? 

17 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I'll see your Brendan McIntyre and raise you a Terry Mullen! :o

Going in another direction. Best Falkirk XI from players seen. Here is mine Whigham , S Kennedy , Mclaughlin . Markie , Miller , Gibson . McAllister , Stainrod , M Johnson , Shirra , Stokes. I acknowledge there are better individual players than Markie Miller & Gibson but as a unit I have never seen a better 4,5,6 play together. Manager of course Mr W Cunningham.

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

Well, they're good players, and they've been here long enough to be fit. Eagerly awaiting a plausible reason, as we are shite and those two are good enough to be playing. Have they fallen out with McKinnon the way the whole team did with Hartley? 

Maybe just not in Mckinnons plans? To spread rumours about that they’re alcoholics fucking their career up with no evidence is a bit much. The pair of them haven’t exactly lit up the reserve team.

Maybe just not in Mckinnons plans? To spread rumours about that they’re alcoholics fucking their career up with no evidence is a bit much. The pair of them haven’t exactly lit up the reserve team.
That reminds me, me Rees and Robbo are going to Warehoose tomorrow night asked me to see if u fancied it xox

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Going in another direction. Best Falkirk XI from players seen. Here is mine Wigham , S Kennedy , Mclaughlin . Markie , Miller , Gibson . McAllister , Stainrod , M Johnson , Shirra , Stokes. I acknowledge there are better individual players than Markie Miller & Gibson but as a unit I have never seen a better 4,5,6 play together. Manager of course Mr W Cunningham.

:o How very dare you!!

(1) Donaldson, (never seen Wigham play) (2) S Kennedy, (3) McLaughlin, (4) Markie, (5) Miller, (6) Gibson, (7) McAllister, (8) Latapy, (9) El Alagui, (10) Stainrod, (11) Shirra.

Loved Farid's attitude and rapport with the fans and, of course, Cunningham as manager.

8 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Shocking, if true, considering the dross we otherwise would have to pick from. Hartley style carry on. How Greenwood could be out of his plans when he could play in either of the Lewis or Petra positions. 

Shocking, if true, considering the dross we otherwise would have to pick from. Hartley style carry on. How Greenwood could be out of his plans when he could play in either of the Lewis or Petra positions. 

Not really shocking, same happened when Hartley came in last year with Balatoni, looked good but Hartley preferred others.

Email or tweet the club and ask. Or ask Falkirk TV to ask Ray about it?

Just now, Senor Bairn said:

Not really shocking, same happened when Hartley came in last year with Balatoni, looked good but Hartley preferred others.

It's shocking because most of our midfield are utter dog meat. If Petra or Lewis get injured, who replaces them if McKinnon won't consider Greenwood or Robson? Froxylias isn't a wide player and Owen-Evans isn't any kind of player. I get that managers have their own ideas, but this would be wilfully ignoring reasonable players when the alternatives are worse. It's decisions like that that partly got us into this mess. 

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

:o How very dare you!!

(1) Donaldson, (never seen Wigham play) (2) S Kennedy, (3) McLaughlin, (4) Markie, (5) Miller, (6) Gibson, (7) McAllister, (8) Latapy, (9) El Alagui, (10) Stainrod, (11) Shirra.

Loved Farid's attitude and rapport with the fans and, of course, Cunningham as manager.

Would have Mojo in for Farid  and probably Hughes for Miller otherwise couldn't really argue with that team.

It's shocking because most of our midfield are utter dog meat. If Petra or Lewis get injured, who replaces them if McKinnon won't consider Greenwood or Robson? Froxylias isn't a wide player and Owen-Evans isn't any kind of player. I get that managers have their own ideas, but this would be wilfully ignoring reasonable players when the alternatives are worse. It's decisions like that that partly got us into this mess. 

They’re in the reserves so if we need them I’m sure McKinnon will play them. If Petra or Lewis were injured then I’d pick Dunne to fill in. Then probably Greenwood.

If Brough gets injured we’re pretty set on left backs as well.

10 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

They’re in the reserves so if we need them I’m sure McKinnon will play them. If Petra or Lewis were injured then I’d pick Dunne to fill in. Then probably Greenwood.

If Brough gets injured we’re pretty set on left backs as well.

I don't think they are even playing for the reserves regularly. Still, have to trust the manager that he knows what he's doing. Hard after Hartley, but fair enough.