The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Russ said:

So Mark Kerr was signed in January 2015 so can’t be him.

Looking back at our permanent signings for the last 3 years it’s genuinely fucking terrible. I’d say the best 3 would probably be Jordan McGhee, Louis Longridge and Tommy Robson.

Btw the list as far as I can tell is:

Fraser Aird

James Craigen

Luca Gasparotto

Lewis Kidd

Joe McKee

John Rankin

Robbie Thomson

Conrad Balatoni

Alex Harris

Rory Loy

Jordan McGhee

Louis Longridge

David Mitchell

Robbie Mutch

Tommy Robson

Sean Welsh

Patrick Brough

Prince Buaben

Tom Dallison

Paul Dixon

Mustapha Dumbuya

William Edjenguele

Leo Fasan

Dimitris Froxylias

Rees Greenwood

Scott Harrison

Dennon Lewis

Ross MacLean

Dylan Mackin

Ciaran McKenna

Ian McShane

Abdul Osman

Tom Owen-Evans

Deimantas Petravicius

Tommy Robson

Marc Russell

Nikolay Todorov

Paul Paton

That really is some pile of absolute dross there. Tried to pick a ‘decent’ starting 11 from that but couldn’t.

Any danger the new owners might dump Ray? If I was coming in I’m not sure I’d want to keep they guy who took you down.

I’m probably in the minority but regardless of the ownership shitshow I’m happy for us to keep McKinnon in charge next season.

I know the whole narrative is that it was the QoS away game or the Alloa/Morton home games that got us relegated but really the damage was done earlier in the season and it was a minor miracle we went into January with so many points considering the disgrace of a squad Hartley had left us with. I know he was only in charge for 3 or 4 league games but it really can’t be stressed how bad that squad of players was. Without McKinnon coming in and signing Rudden on deadline day I could easily see us going into January without a single point.

I do agree that McKinnon fucked up in they home games with the Morton game in particular we were fucking hopeless. But if you look at our form from 1st January when he was able to bring in his own players we were around mid table. He seemed reluctant to move away from his more defensive and shitfest tactics over the last few weeks of the season which I can kind of see why because of the situation he wanted to be a bit more defensive but of course it backfired spectacularly.

We’re already 2 weeks away from pre season starting and only have 4 first team players (Robbie Mutch, Ian McShane, Paul Paton and Ross MacLean) signed up so even for McKinnon to be able to get a good squad of players signed up will be difficult never mind getting rid of him and bringing someone else in.

13 hours ago, Stainrod said:

I can’t help thinking that if we had signed Scott Macdonald (and he was training with us) instead of Patrick we would have stayed up . Signing policy has been horrendous for years now .can hardly think of a decent player we signed . Best players were academy graduates or guys like Leah and vaulks who were already with us. Not counting loaners who has been our best signing in the last 3 years? Mark Kerr

Altho I wasnt impressed with a lot of McKinnon's signings , we still had more than enough to finish above the bottom 2 without Scott MacDonald.

Our manager shat the bed with defensive tactics is to blame for me and not signing one player or another, obviously better players help but when the players are sent out with keeping the point you start with,then Ronaldo and Messi would struggle to help.  3pts for a win came into football because of this backward approach

4 hours ago, Russ said:

So Mark Kerr was signed in January 2015 so can’t be him.

Looking back at our permanent signings for the last 3 years it’s genuinely fucking terrible. I’d say the best 3 would probably be Jordan McGhee, Louis Longridge and Tommy Robson.

Btw the list as far as I can tell is:

Fraser Aird

James Craigen

Luca Gasparotto

Lewis Kidd

Joe McKee

John Rankin

Robbie Thomson

Conrad Balatoni

Alex Harris

Rory Loy

Jordan McGhee

Louis Longridge

David Mitchell

Robbie Mutch

Tommy Robson

Sean Welsh

Patrick Brough

Prince Buaben

Tom Dallison

Paul Dixon

Mustapha Dumbuya

William Edjenguele

Leo Fasan

Dimitris Froxylias

Rees Greenwood

Scott Harrison

Dennon Lewis

Ross MacLean

Dylan Mackin

Ciaran McKenna

Ian McShane

Abdul Osman

Tom Owen-Evans

Deimantas Petravicius

Tommy Robson

Marc Russell

Nikolay Todorov

Paul Paton

That really is some pile of absolute dross there. Tried to pick a ‘decent’ starting 11 from that but couldn’t.

Incredible amount of bit part players in that list and taking out the Jan signings, only Paton could be classed as an automatic starter and that makes me cry. 

Id probably agree with original post with Mark Kerr,  I shed no tears when Longridge wasnt resigned (Dunfermline probably feeling same now) McGhee suffering from Muirhead syndrome in playing all across the back four and not really shining fully in any of the four positions to make a position his for keeps and Robson has had a horrific season with the bench being his best friend

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Any danger the new owners might dump Ray? If I was coming in I’m not sure I’d want to keep they guy who took you down.

Id be happy with that tbh, if we hadnt paid six figures for his services, then Id guess he would be out.

I said before a ball was kicked under McKinnon that I felt he was far too defensive for my liking at Utd and those fears have seen us relegated.

He got a lucky 3 month or so at Raith, so really hasnt shown anything of note other than failure

18 minutes ago, Russ said:

I know the whole narrative is that it was the QoS away game or the Alloa/Morton home games that got us relegated but really the damage was done earlier in the season and it was a minor miracle we went into January with so many points considering the disgrace of a squad Hartley had left us with.

And yet you were 8th in the table and giving it big licks with a handful of games to go, only for your gormless manager to play for a draw in games he had to win and getting absolutely bodied instead. How anyone can still not blame McKinnon for your ultimate fate is fucking wild.

And yet you were 8th in the table and giving it big licks with a handful of games to go, only for your gormless manager to play for a draw in games he had to win and getting absolutely bodied instead. How anyone can still not blame McKinnon for your ultimate fate is fucking wild.

What a fucking tryhard you are.

And a virgin x

1 hour ago, Russ said:

I’m probably in the minority but regardless of the ownership shitshow I’m happy for us to keep McKinnon in charge next season.

I know the whole narrative is that it was the QoS away game or the Alloa/Morton home games that got us relegated but really the damage was done earlier in the season and it was a minor miracle we went into January with so many points considering the disgrace of a squad Hartley had left us with. I know he was only in charge for 3 or 4 league games but it really can’t be stressed how bad that squad of players was. Without McKinnon coming in and signing Rudden on deadline day I could easily see us going into January without a single point.

I do agree that McKinnon fucked up in they home games with the Morton game in particular we were fucking hopeless. But if you look at our form from 1st January when he was able to bring in his own players we were around mid table. He seemed reluctant to move away from his more defensive and shitfest tactics over the last few weeks of the season which I can kind of see why because of the situation he wanted to be a bit more defensive but of course it backfired spectacularly.

We’re already 2 weeks away from pre season starting and only have 4 first team players (Robbie Mutch, Ian McShane, Paul Paton and Ross MacLean) signed up so even for McKinnon to be able to get a good squad of players signed up will be difficult never mind getting rid of him and bringing someone else in.

The clock on McKinnon’s season was re-set the moment we hit 8th. Everything he did up to that point was fair and reasoned.

What he did thereafter introduced a huge question mark over his ability to manage effectively. As I said before, like Hartley last season, this is a defining season in McKinnon’s managerial career. Get this wrong, and he’s pretty much finished. Thing is, it might not even be his fault this time.

The clock on McKinnon’s season was re-set the moment we hit 8th. Everything he did up to that point was fair and reasoned.
What he did thereafter introduced a huge question mark over his ability to manage effectively. As I said before, like Hartley last season, this is a defining season in McKinnon’s managerial career. Get this wrong, and he’s pretty much finished. Thing is, it might not even be his fault this time.
If he had went out and attacked Morton, Alloa and QOS and we lost all of them and were relegated, would people be happy to keep him? We don't know what could have been. Maybe we were limited due to the players at our disposal. I'm fed up of people saying if he attacked in that game we would have won, which might not have been the case. I'm willing to give him the benefit oft he doubt and let him build a team, however, if it isn't going well then he should be sacked.

ABSOLUTELY BODIED!!!!@@@!!!

I look forward to the next, and doubtless equally boring re-arrangement of your utterly bog standard, and long since rumbled salad of words.

Never has there been a shitter one trick pony than yourself.

Still, as the memories of those who seen your hideous clock when it was posted here begin to fade, maybe you will return to the days when you were something other than a laughing stock.

Appreciate you coming along tho x

56 minutes ago, Rocco said:

If he had went out and attacked Morton, Alloa and QOS and we lost all of them and were relegated, would people be happy to keep him? We don't know what could have been. Maybe we were limited due to the players at our disposal. I'm fed up of people saying if he attacked in that game we would have won, which might not have been the case. I'm willing to give him the benefit oft he doubt and let him build a team, however, if it isn't going well then he should be sacked.

I know what you are saying, but “if” doesn’t change anything. It’s equally valid to say if we had attacked in those games and won......and so forth.

The only facts we have is that we did reach 8th, and his management thereafter took us from 8th to 10th. That’s not me saying “sack the manager”. That is his track record with us, and while it’s not comically bad, it’s not great either. His impressive times as a manager have come from a half season at Raith, and a good first few games at Morten. Neither his DU or Brechin stints point to him being anything special.

He might just need more time. I am pretty convinced that he will get it, but at a decent managerial level, make no mistake, this is potentially McKinnon’s last swing of the bat.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Ray did an incredible job to even keep us in contention until December with a league 2 squad. He then came incredibly close to keeping us in the division, and took it to the last day which I think we’d all have taken in September. He’ll do a great job next year and his 2 year plan to get back to the premiership is just what we need.

Ray did an incredible job to even keep us in contention until December with a league 2 squad. He then came incredibly close to keeping us in the division, and took it to the last day which I think we’d all have taken in September. He’ll do a great job next year and his 2 year plan to get back to the premiership is just what we need.
Take to the last day?
No... like f**k I would have accepted that in September.

19 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

Is that you Ray?

I know what you are saying, but “if” doesn’t change anything. It’s equally valid to say if we had attacked in those games and won......and so forth.
The only facts we have is that we did reach 8th, and his management thereafter took us from 8th to 10th. That’s not me saying “sack the manager”. That is his track record with us, and while it’s not comically bad, it’s not great either. His impressive times as a manager have come from a half season at Raith, and a good first few games at Morten. Neither his DU or Brechin stints point to him being anything special.
He might just need more time. I am pretty convinced that he will get it, but at a decent managerial level, make no mistake, this is potentially McKinnon’s last swing of the bat.
I agree with you. Personally I don't see any benefit to changing the manager. If he doesn't perform with his own team then he has no excuses

One of your worst posts yet.

As for his 2 year plan that is an absolute irrelevance until the ownership farce is resolved and he gets a budget to work with.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

ABSOLUTELY BODIED!!!!@@@!!!

I look forward to the next, and doubtless equally boring re-arrangement of your utterly bog standard, and long since rumbled salad of words.

Never has there been a shitter one trick pony than yourself.

Still, as the memories of those who seen your hideous clock when it was posted here begin to fade, maybe you will return to the days when you were something other than a laughing stock.

Appreciate you coming along tho x

Ooft, what a totally buckled, flailing mess you are right now - you hate to see it happen*.

Spoiler

Nah not really.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

Edited by vikingTON