The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

This is the 2nd go they've had at it - original post had tickets available even though we had much fanfare earlier in the day about selling out our allocation.

They've then updated it to sold out but left in you can call the club for tickets which is a mixed message and lack of attention to detail.

Less eagle-eyed fans might misunderstand and then call - which I've seen other criticism of elsewhere about the club not answering - potentially leaving fans frustrated or if they do get through they've wasted both their and club staffs time.

Folk can think it's nitpicking but this all has cost somewhere along the line eventually. 

It’s not nitpicking. They’re getting major details wrong often, which caused a real fuss pre hibs game, and now this

Nitpicking would be incorrect grammar etc 

Did the original post not go up on the 18th though?  That was before we had sold out. They then added the line to the original post that it was now sold out.  Again apart from putting it in bolder font I'm not sure what the issue is here. Other clubs do exactly the same thing just adding a bit to the original post similar to what they used to do to posters in the old days by adding a sold out sticker to the original one or am I missing something. Different if they were putting up a whole new post and still had the original details on it but that's not the case.

10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We’ve just beaten Hibs, have a real chance to progress in the League Cup and make a few quid, have the adventure of a new ground and to enjoy a few beers in the pub tonight and we choose to spend the morning moaning about a message on our Website 😂.

You literally could not make it up !!

We'd spend pages and pages on here moaning if the same mistakes were being made on the park every week. Why is the non-playing side immune from that scrutiny?

With all the variables a match can throw up we choose to focus on errors, team selection etc and yet some things which have much less variability get a free pass 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Some people getting their knickers in a twist about nothing.

In isolation, yes.

However, as pointed out there is a continual lack of attention to detail.

I don't think accuracy is too great an expectation.

2 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

Well I agree that he shouldn't be hounded in respect of being contacted or public slurs but surely reposting his own advertisement on a Falkirk fan page and having an opinion on it doesn't qualify for that. 

I get he has to make a living he is just so difficult to feel sorry for with his level of arrogance. Its also reassuring that other clubs aren't lining up to give him another gig

Absolutely. Ripping him on here is fine. Sending abusive emails to his one man band business account would be very different.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Lewis Jamieson came off the bench a lot for us last season and always looked dangerous.  He scored a few goals in the League and Challenge cups and scored an absolute peach against Morton in the league.  He'd be your best striker if he signed for you.

Seems to have been left out of the St Mirren squad last night too, always looked dangerous against us with Clyde the last couple of seasons. It was him that scored the last minute equaliser at the near post for them last season.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Absolutely. Ripping him on here is fine. Sending abusive emails to his one man band business account would be very different.

Surely Luke will be answering the calls and emails for daddy?

18 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

In isolation, yes.

However, as pointed out there is a continual lack of attention to detail.

I don't think accuracy is too great an expectation.

I'm still not getting what you're talking about though.  They've added a line on to a previous post that was put up before we had sold out.  It's not a new post or your gripes would be reasonable. It's an old post with the sold out line added to it. 

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

This is the 2nd go they've had at it - original post had tickets available even though we had much fanfare earlier in the day about selling out our allocation.

They've then updated it to sold out but left in you can call the club for tickets which is a mixed message and lack of attention to detail.

Less eagle-eyed fans might misunderstand and then call - which I've seen other criticism of elsewhere about the club not answering - potentially leaving fans frustrated or if they do get through they've wasted both their and club staffs time.

Folk can think it's nitpicking but this all has cost somewhere along the line eventually. 

IMG_3153.jpg.401c9b025d73c6c206427302188b3c46.thumb.jpg.dca7222d4a1e8c9f51b0e27834ca1e53.jpg

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Seems to have been left out of the St Mirren squad last night too, always looked dangerous against us with Clyde the last couple of seasons. It was him that scored the last minute equaliser at the near post for them last season.

Yeah he's pretty quick too.  If he plays every week for someone he'll get them goals guaranteed.

Edited by TheScarf

1 hour ago, Jackie Myles said:

I'm still not getting what you're talking about though.  

It's fairly simple - The tickets are sold out so why would I need to buy from or call the club shop! It is superflous in the *updated* article.

I mentioned earlier that this ultimately has a cost somewhere. The myopic view is that it doesn't matter and it's mountains-out-of-mole-hills but the website and social media frankly isn't aimed at the die-hards as they will get their information from somewhere regardless.

The content (if it even exists - see fixtures as an example) and accuracy is for the visiting, neutral or would-be fan as the website is likely their starting point. They're not going to hang around or come back and buy tickets and/or merchandise if they can't find what their looking for or rely on it being correct - just as we saw with Hibs PATG last week.

We have to remember that we're not always preaching to the choir and that's why I call it out - not just to put the boot in!

Our ST numbers and attendances can be lauded but I'm sure everyone wants to see that grow - that's surely part of how the shortfall gets plugged and not just by asking existing fans to contribute more.

Hopefully this explains why this stuff is such a bugbear of mine.

Edited by Blame Me

14 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It's fairly simple - The tickets are sold out so why would I need to buy from or call the club shop! It is superflous in the *updated* article.

I mentioned earlier that this ultimately has a cost somewhere. The myopic view is that it doesn't matter and it's mountains-out-of-mole-hills but the website and social media frankly isn't aimed at the die-hards as they will get their information from somewhere regardless.

The content (if it even exists - see fixtures as an example) and accuracy is for the visiting, neutral or would-be fan as the website is likely their starting point. They're not going to hang around or come back and buy tickets and/or merchandise if they can't find what their looking for or rely on it being correct - just as we saw with Hibs PATG last week.

We have to remember that we're not always preaching to the choir and that's why I call it out - not just to put the boot in!

Our ST numbers and attendances can be lauded but I'm sure everyone wants to see that grow - that's surely part of how the shortfall gets plugged and not just by asking existing fans to contribute more.

Hopefully this explains why this stuff is such a bugbear of mine.

I’m prepared to allow some slack but things need to be addressed quite quickly.

At the start of the season I like to fill up my calendars with the fixtures as known as I sometimes arrange holidays, etc., around them (I know,its sad) but that’s what I do.

I can get the data elsewhere but it doesn’t feel like rocket science to have this up on our website.

Also, nothing about the team?

Please FFC, try to sort this out.

I can get the data elsewhere but it doesn’t feel like rocket science to have this up on our website.

Your correct and the fact it's on the club site *should* make it authoritative.

Not to mention the irony that our main sponsor is a web-design company. It's not a great advert for them when you scratch beyond the surface.