The Falkirk FC Thread

Thank God I am not a member of a faction then.

Anyhoo, a comment that nothing was malicious will never sit well with those who were on the end of some seriously malicious behaviour……and it’s worth noting that the people who were badly treated and have “baggage” are not the ones who triggered the latest conversation.

I am happy to keep my experience boxed away…….until someone has a bash at revisionism.

Anyway, couple of days until an incredibly important game. A game that could prove to be hugely pivotal in our season.

Looking forward to Saturday, will give us a clearer idea just where we stand.
This time last year we battered QP and lost and we all know what happened then.
Fancy us to sneak the win in a close game.
I'm genuinely looking forward to this one, not because I think we will hump them or anything but because while there do exist some caveats to the bounce back we have seen after Airdrie, if we beat Queens it will undoubtedly be the best run of points in ages, but also beating a genuine contender.

I do think we will win FWIW. I have a good* feeling about the direction of travel of the squad. Tbh, I think seeing Burrell effortlessly slot in a very good finish has contributed to that this week.

*its all relative. Still a wee bit guarded I suppose, but Saturday would be a legitimate marker.

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm genuinely looking forward to this one, not because I think we will hump them or anything but because while there do exist some caveats to the bounce back we have seen after Airdrie, if we beat Queens it will undoubtedly be the best run of points in ages, but also beating a genuine contender.

I do think we will win FWIW. I have a good* feeling about the direction of travel of the squad. Tbh, I think seeing Burrell effortlessly slot in a very good finish has contributed to that this week.

*its all relative. Still a wee bit guarded I suppose, but Saturday would be a legitimate marker.

Agree with all of that 💪🏼🔵⚪

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Thank f**k we're not in the habit of fuckin things up when the expectation is there! 😧

That's where I am with Saturday.  Optimism? well maybe...confidence?  well, not quite. A few guys have raised their game, not before time, now need to produce against a level up from the last two games.  

Agree its gonna be a marker, one way or the other. 

1 hour ago, MetalWolf said:

Did anyone ask if he can play right back in case Williamsons still injured?  I'm assuming he'll be able to motor up and down the wing, drive the team forward... crossing should be a cinch for him.... (sorry!) 

Quick to get it in before somebody put the brakes on? I know, it's exhausting, but we've bought anycar.com, over the last 5 years.

chewing-the-fat-scottish-comedy.gif

Edited by kiddy

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Fair enough, thought it was surprising if current.

To be honest I'm not entirely sure it matters when it was, our pitch is on its last legs and driving cars (plural by the way) onto it doesn't seem the best idea to me.