The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I think the FSS will soon get the required shareholding and hopefully everybody moves on.  All the drama isn’t good for the club, it needs to stop. 

Agree. Maybe you could refer that to our current board?…

28 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

What do the other clubs with major supporter involvement get for their monthly investment. The likes of st mirren, Motherwell , Morton, hearts etc?

Foundation of Hearts, the Well Society, SMISA and Morton Club Together are all the majority shareholder of their clubs. 

I guess it doesn’t matter what they do but how it’s been sold. AberDNA for instance have thousands of members but their money is a funding vessel rather than a fan ownership organisation. Dundee United Supporters Foundation similarly maintain an organisation to give the fans a voice but without acquiring a shareholding and putting their money in to agreed projects instead. 

FSS was promoted to us as continually buying shares to reach the 26% mark. I was sold on that basis as many others and to be denied it so close and have to try and rely and trust that we can do it though a transfer of shares is the issue at hand. 

Edited by Van_damage

11 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I think the FSS will soon get the required shareholding and hopefully everybody moves on.  All the drama isn’t good for the club, it needs to stop. 

Definitely but the only way to stop that is to have some clarification from both parties on why this came about. Mistakes happen but the important thing is to learn from them.

Just need a bit of honesty and transparency and then we can move on to resolving this 

Edited by Van_damage

26 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Definitely but the only way to stop that is to have some clarification from both parties on why this came about. Mistakes happen but the important thing is to learn from them.

Just need a bit of honesty and transparency and then we can move on to resolving this 

If only it were that simple, unfortunately I fear a handful of people will only ever be happy lighting fires rather than putting them out. Hopefully I am wrong but time will tell on that one I guess. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

9 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I honestly don’t know why the concern just wasn’t asked to the relevant people on both sides, reading this is as bad as the statement or question fiasco.

And I don’t mean the subject isn’t serious, but this surely could have been done outwith a public message board.

This is far too sensible a post for this forum. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

24 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

If only it were that simple, unfortunately I fear a handful of people will only ever be happy lighting fires rather than putting them out. Hopefully I am wrong but time will tell on that one I guess. 

Just depends what is said. Can’t speak on anyone else’s behalf but I say things out of principle and don’t like to stand for any BS. I’ve made myself known on here and probably not doing much favours by being so vociferous but it’s something I care about and I don’t like outside organisations to try and be controlled from an authority such as the club. As much as I have had great dealings with the current board and admire the work they’ve done, there is literally nowhere to go but places like this to make your point known and try explain the importance of it. 

I worked hard on the FSS for the few months I was on it. I have helped the club on a few things the past year and will still do whatever I can to help both but can’t stand to be silent if I think they’re inflicting damage to themselves and what they stand for. Sure that’s what will be directed at me by helping this debate but none of this drama would happen without such decisions being made. 

As I said, an honest explanation, a resolution and we move on. As a fan owned club we should be able  to voice our concerns without fear of derision, as long as it’s within reason.  

Edited by Van_damage

30 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I honestly don’t know why the concern just wasn’t asked to the relevant people on both sides, reading this is as bad as the statement or question fiasco.

And I don’t mean the subject isn’t serious, but this surely could have been done outwith a public message board.

You did say that before and I did reply to say I had spoken to the FSS chair directly. The decision was made though so what should I then do if not to discuss it on here to what I feel is a serious matter? 

33 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Just depends what is said. Can’t speak on anyone else’s behalf but I say things out of principle and don’t like to stand for any BS. I’ve made myself known on here and probably not doing much favours by being so vociferous but it’s something I care about and I don’t like outside organisations to try and be controlled from an authority such as the club. As much as I have had great dealings with the current board and admire the work they’ve done, there is literally nowhere to go but places like this to make your point known and try explain the importance of it. 

I worked hard on the FSS for the few months I was on it. I have helped the club on a few things the past year and will still do whatever I can to help both but can’t stand to be silent if I think they’re inflicting damage to themselves and what they stand for. Sure that’s what will be directed at me by helping this debate but none of this drama would happen without such decisions being made. 

As I said, an honest explanation, a resolution and we move on. As a fan owned club we should be able  to voice our concerns without fear of derision, as long as it’s within reason.  

FWIW, I don't think the 'lighting fires' comment was directed at you. My greenie for the post certainly wasn't. There do seem to be posters that grab onto anything remotely negative however. 

I won't be cancelling until all of this has shaken out, but if this turns out to be another small group of rich men telling the rest of us that it's their baw, then I will absolutely cancel. 

They have 1 chance to pass the smell test here. 

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

FWIW, I don't think the 'lighting fires' comment was directed at you. My greenie for the post certainly wasn't. There do seem to be posters that grab onto anything remotely negative however. 

So bad decisions shouldn’t be called out to avoid being too negative? Utter nonsense in my view that would rightly have been seen as such under previous regimes.

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

So bad decisions shouldn’t be called out to avoid being too negative? Utter nonsense in my view that would rightly have been seen as such under previous regimes.

Previous regimes meaning you, or people you are friends with.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I won't be cancelling until all of this has shaken out, but if this turns out to be another small group of rich men telling the rest of us that it's their baw, then I will absolutely cancel. 

They have 1 chance to pass the smell test here. 

Glad you’re not jumping the gun! …..Work has been going on in the background and I think you might find the exact opposite turns out to be the case here when the details come out.  

Edited by LatapyBairn.

14 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Oh, what made you think that the comment regarding negative posts had anything to do with you I wonder?

And, of course, I didn't say anything remotely close to the utter nonsense that you've just posted either.

Bad decisions should obviously be questioned and the situation re the sale of shares should certainly be investigated. Any BOD should be held to account as they are representing the club and the fans. IMO the current board have done pretty well for the most part, the previous board also had their moments and I'm sure the hearts of most of them were in the right place, but they're gone so there's not a lot of point on dwelling on them too much IMO.