The Falkirk FC Thread

If you're manager thinks he can replace a talented player like Flynn with Swankie.........he's wrong.

I dont think anyone is suggesting a like for like replacement

We are downsizing just now. No bad thing.

I dont think anyone is suggesting a like for like replacement

We are downsizing just now. No bad thing.

Pretty much agree with that....but if Falkirk are downsizing, players like Swankie who have no passion or fight in them are not the type of players i would want at my club.I'm not saying he is a bad player but when you need the players to dig in....Swankie will go missing.

If St Johnstone have a successful season and he sticks around, don't forget he's suspended in Europe... ;)

I suspect he probably isn't. I think these things lapse if you go more than a year without qualifying to play in it. Might be wrong but I thinkit's the case. HJ might be able to confirm. :unsure:

I suspect he probably isn't. I think these things lapse if you go more than a year without qualifying to play in it. Might be wrong but I thinkit's the case. HJ might be able to confirm. :unsure:

Well... if we're going to be serious about this, we could always look it up on the internet Page 24, Article 72

Suspension lapses after a year, or six years for violent conduct which I think Finnigan's red card was for.

But I'm not going to be serious about this ;)

Well... if we're going to be serious about this, we could always look it up on the internet Page 24, Article 72

Suspension lapses after a year, or six years for violent conduct which I think Finnigan's red card was for.

But I'm not going to be serious about this ;)

:lol:

Fair enough. I knew you weren't being serious by the way. Even I couldn't miss something that unsubtle. Just thought I'd live up to reputation by answering it seriously! Not that I was bothered enough to actually look it up, well done on that. ;)

Would take Flynn in a minute at Dens..in my opinion ....great player from what i've seen against us......swankie....no thanks....waste of time.

£1M and he's yours.

I'm sure there's plenty of spare cash(off balance sheet of course ;)) sloshing around up in Dens just now?

Pre-Season update on the 'fishal site. Couple of interesting things, from what I can gather Olejnik and Duffy are training with us, but we won't be signing them. There's mention of 3 goalkeepers, one of which would have been Olejnik presumably, hopefully at least one of the other 2 will be a transfer target. It also mentions at the bottom that there is a couple of players currently in the process of moving on, one I would assume is Mark Stewart, who could the other be? There's been reported interest for Flynn, Scobbie and Twaddle, so I can only imagine it would be one of those?

Deal,.....our agent will meet your representatives at a secret location with the suitcase full of used £15 notes.

There was me thinking Dundee did all their business in BNPL deals, only with the added clause in smallprint that you get around 7%, eventually

We were beaten today 2-1 off Killie in a bounce game. 8 trialists played, not a clue on the names but one striker impressed. On another note, BOB has been offered a gig in Scandinavia. His options in the UK must have been amusing...