The Falkirk FC Thread

I reckon we have a higher budget and are attracting a higher standard of player than you, so couldn't give a toss about how many fans you claim to have,

And a few seasons of midtable medicority will sort the wheat from the chaff regardless.

i have absouloutely no doubt that your octoganerian philantropist will give you a bigger budget than us ...that is not in doubt... but lets be honest here when was the last time morton made a noise in scottish football...andy ritchie? graeme payne? you have been a sleeping weed since the eighties & i can confidently predict you will not be in the top league in my lifetime

I reckon we have a higher budget and are attracting a higher standard of player than you, so couldn't give a toss about how many fans you claim to have,

And a few seasons of midtable medicority will sort the wheat from the chaff regardless.

Higher budget no doubt. Higher standard of player, yes, when they will discover our crippling finances. If we had an equal wage budget, I bet you most players would rather come to Falkirk.

thanks crowd police...however the point still stands before dundees implosion we were the best supported team in the division

Our crowd pre-admin was down more than normal so it's hardly a good illustration of our usual average. We've consistently had the best crowds in this division for years. It looks likely to be the same again next season. It doesn't mean all that much.

Our crowd pre-admin was down more than normal so it's hardly a good illustration of our usual average. We've consistently had the best crowds in this division for years. It looks likely to be the same again next season. It doesn't mean all that much.

The relative marginal difference between your average and Falkirk's is comparatively irrelevant. You're right about that. It doesn't really matter who is bigger, you are both at roughly the same level.

However, the difference between both of you and for instance ourselves or Ayr who are trying to break even or get close to it moving forward is significant though. Your crowds are around double ours on average (and most likely at a higher average price too) so your income is much larger. You also wrote off significant debt obviously whereas both ourselves and Falkirk appear to be working to pay debt off (not having a go, just stating a fact) which means our budgets will be tighter in that way than yours. In that respect it does matter.

i have absouloutely no doubt that your octoganerian philantropist will give you a bigger budget than us ...that is not in doubt... but lets be honest here when was the last time morton made a noise in scottish football...andy ritchie? graeme payne? you have been a sleeping weed since the eighties & i can confidently predict you will not be in the top league in my lifetime

That is a bold statement imo without actually knowing your age.. The first division can throw up some unlikely results and anybody can win the league (obvious statement alert)

All it takes is two or three decent signings for a team to gel and achieve the title. I for one, never gave us a chance years ago in Jeffries first season.

Because Falkirk are a notch above, right?

You don't seem to be taking your crash back into utter mediocrity well, are you? :bairn

If we had an equal wage budget, I bet you most players would rather come to Falkirk.

Really? Unlike you we have a competent manager. Unlike you we have our own training ground. Unlike you we actually own our ground and have more financial security. As we saw with the likes of Andy Jackson, we can attract players with less lucrative deals than other offers on the table because of the above factors.

Falkirk are not a draw for a player: they are a club in decline with a disaster at the helm and nothing to their name. Get over it and dry your eyes.

Edited by vikingTON

morton are a little diddy club with an average attendance of less than 2000...fact

We're richer and have better players, Tiny Tears, so no-one cares. Enjoy your asset-stripping.

Edited by vikingTON

Really? Unlike you we have a competent manager. Unlike you we have our own training ground. Unlike you we actually own our ground and have more financial security. As we saw with the likes of Andy Jackson, we can attract players with less lucrative deals than other offers on the table because of the above factors.

Falkirk are not a draw for a player: they are a club in decline with a disaster at the helm and nothing to their name. Get over it and dry your eyes.

Your manager is a wee ned, who drivels more shite than Yogi ever did. I'm not sure of many players who want to join a club because they own a training ground. In that case, players are more likely to join Morton over Dundee United. And owning a ground means nothing either. Many clubs in England don't own their grounds(Leicester, Coventry for example), are you telling me players would rather join Morton than these clubs? You attracted Andy Jackson because Morton was the only club interested, that put a good deal on the table for him. My eyes are perfectly dry.

Your manager is a wee ned, who drivels more shite than Yogi ever did.

A wee ned who has acheived more as a manager than any of yours for donkeys' years. But go on.

I'm not sure of many players who want to join a club because they own a training ground. In that case, players are more likely to join Morton over Dundee United.

Players are impressed by the training infrastructure we have to develop their game. That helps to sign players and to improve them as players from a relatively young age. Falkirk on the other hand are becoming a retirement home for over-the-hill duds. Or Dods in this case.

And owning a ground means nothing either. Many clubs in England don't own their grounds(Leicester, Coventry for example), are you telling me players would rather join Morton than these clubs?

Tell that to your creditors. Falkirk have to keep the purse-strings extra tight in case another one of those pesky winding-up orders comes through the door. Plus you have no scope to improve the facilities: you have no get out and no asset.

You attracted Andy Jackson because Morton was the only club interested, that put a good deal on the table for him.

Wrong. Ross County offered a much more lucrative deal and he rejected them. Because the facilities, management and prospects at Morton are a better choice for a player of his talent.

Whereas you are holding out for Tam McManus, a player who failed to pass a trial for the worst Morton team since we entered the division.

many would argue the chairmen is richer than most other chairmen not mornton fc being richer than any other club in the division.

He is. But the club also has assets to support that wealth. Clubs like Falkirk have neither, so are poorer.

Tell that to your creditors. Falkirk have to keep the purse-strings extra tight in case another one of those pesky winding-up orders comes through the door. Plus you have no scope to improve the facilities: you have no get out and no asset.

what team doesnt in this division other than those being backed by an investor?

Wrong. Ross County offered a much more lucrative deal and he rejected them. Because the facilities, management and prospects at Morton are a better choice for a player of his talent.

link?

Whereas you are holding out for Tam McManus, a player who failed to pass a trial for the worst Morton team since we entered the division.

players change through time althoug Tam McManus is attrocious and a w**k*r

edited to say i goosed up the linking and dont know how to fix it right now

Edited by grumswall

what team doesnt in this division other than those being backed by an investor?

Teams that own their own grounds. They therefore have assets to 'do a St Mirren' with if need be. Clubs with no assets, like Dundee, are always going to get shafted.

link?

The link would be a selection of interviews with Jackson in the Greenock Telegraph (Registration required online). One states that he turned down a more lucrative deal, the other states that he turned down Ross County. The two are one and the same by my deduction.

players change through time

He was on trial with us at the end of 2009, how could he vastly improve as a player since?

The reality is he failed to win a deal with us, went to Ayr, got relegated and was then desperately signed by Falkirk. Now he's set to be their leading striker. The decline is clear.

He is. But the club also has assets to support that wealth. Clubs like Falkirk have neither, so are poorer.

but you could and i would argue that they only hold those assets due to the chairmen providing the funding to offer over the top wages in relation to the clubs income, as the backing was always in place to cover any lossed made on wages etc

but you could and i would argue that they only hold those assets due to the chairmen providing the funding to offer over the top wages in relation to the clubs income, as the backing was always in place to cover any lossed made on wages etc

As the balance sheet stands we're comfortably richer.

Teams that own their own grounds. They therefore have assets to 'do a St Mirren' with if need be. Clubs with no assets, like Dundee, are always going to get shafted.

The link would be a selection of interviews with Jackson in the Greenock Telegraph (Registration required online). One states that he turned down a more lucrative deal, the other states that he turned down Ross County. The two are one and the same by my deduction.

He was on trial with us at the end of 2009, how could he vastly improve as a player since?

The reality is he failed to win a deal with us, went to Ayr, got relegated and was then desperately signed by Falkirk. Now he's set to be their leading striker. The decline is clear.

i am far from a fan of Tam McManus but 2 years or even 1 year ago did you think gregory tade would be playing spl football in the coming season?