The Falkirk FC Thread

Just back from a few days away and I notice that there is still no statement on how we voted, I also note however that Mr Ritchie has been on holiday and will return tomorrow - Monday then for a statement ? .... I'm not going to hold my breath !

I'm surprised at any Falkirk fan saying they're not interested in how we voted, it says a lot about how the board see their relationship with the fans and basically they're saying they don't give a shit !! and it's not good enough to say the vote went the right way, that's down to nearly every other club's board having a set of nads, if the 'yes' vote had been carried by one vote then what ? slag the board then ?

There was absolutely no good reason to vote 'yes'. None !! an empty promise to perhaps, one day have a wee look at changing the league system, mibeez .... but don't hold us to it !!

Falkirk appear to be the only club the SPL has ever just told to 'f'ck off' !! Gretna, ICT and now 'Rangers' have had the SPL opening doors for them and yet Falkirk are still there, like a wee obedient puppy dog, hoping for some scraps.

Keeping a right good eye on our board from now on.

Falkirk appear to be the only club the SPL has ever just told to 'f'ck off' !! Gretna, ICT and now 'Rangers' have had the SPL opening doors for them and yet Falkirk are still there, like a wee obedient puppy dog, hoping for some scraps.

That's actually the thing that annoys me the most. I don't particularly have much interest on the issue we voted in, but the fact that yet again, we're rolling over and appeasing the best interests of clubs who didn't think twice about stamping on us when the roles were reversed is getting sickening.

Fuck them!

I find it bizarre that Falkirk are not coming out and saying which was they voted. It will come out eventually anyway, but they may have no control over when and how. Given the silence, the assumption has to be that it was a "yes". Why not just admit that then, rather than have it drag on?

I don't see why it will come out eventually? It was a secret ballot, the only person who knows for sure how Falkirk voted is the person who was in the room and cast the vote. If Falkirk choose not to say how they voted they can do so forever and a day. The only other way it could come out is if everyone who voted one way or the other identified themselves (presuming they don't lie). It looks unlikely now that will happen.

I've got to say that I don't know too much about these things but if it was a secret ballot shouldn't part of the deal be that those involved don't reveal how they voted? I would have thought that was part of the point of the thing.

I've got to say that I don't know too much about these things but if it was a secret ballot shouldn't part of the deal be that those involved don't reveal how they voted? I would have thought that was part of the point of the thing.

It was meant to be a secret vote to allow Newco into the SPL. Fan pressure forced the majority of clubs to announce in advance how they were going to vote.

There was plenty of fan pressure (along with the pathetic SPL/SFA pressure) that forced many SFL clubs to reveal their vote (before and after). I can only assume we as Falkirk fans didn't exert enough pressure on our board.

I've got to believe that any Yes vote was made due to a lack of awareness of fans true feelings. The alternative is either FFC fans would have been happy as a whole to accept Servco into Div 1 with nothing concrete in return or our board treat us like fucking mugs.

Either alternative is fairly grim.

No, this is utter nonsense concocted by fans looking to give the club an out they don't deserve.

There is absolutely no requirement for anyone not to disclose how they voted in a "secret" ballot. The only point of that is to prevent people being influenced by the votes of others around them (i.e. seeing that 16 hands were already up so deciding to join them or vice versa).

By all means, people can accept the cowardly decision not to release how Falkirk voted, but please don't pretend it's for any reasons of probity. It's due to cowardice.

We shall see what happens though when Mr Ritchie briefs Bairnstrust.

Just catching up with stuff and just read Hamilton's statement on their YES vote - it reads like when my elderly uncle won the 'Canadian lottery', he knew he was getting fleeced out of his £50 application fee but he sent it anyway 'cause it might just have been true !

It was meant to be a secret vote to allow Newco into the SPL. Fan pressure forced the majority of clubs to announce in advance how they were going to vote.

There was plenty of fan pressure (along with the pathetic SPL/SFA pressure) that forced many SFL clubs to reveal their vote (before and after). I can only assume we as Falkirk fans didn't exert enough pressure on our board.

I've got to believe that any Yes vote was made due to a lack of awareness of fans true feelings. The alternative is either FFC fans would have been happy as a whole to accept Servco into Div 1 with nothing concrete in return or our board treat us like fucking mugs.

Either alternative is fairly grim.

We can tell you 100% what we believed the fans view was on this situation.

They were presented in person the results of the fan poll we ran the week prior to the meeting which had 90%+ of fans wishing to see Newco Rangers in Division 3.

Edited by BairnsTrust

Just catching up with stuff and just read Hamilton's statement on their YES vote - it reads like when my elderly uncle won the 'Canadian lottery', he knew he was getting fleeced out of his £50 application fee but he sent it anyway 'cause it might just have been true !

:lol:

Funnily enough, their statement chopped bits out of the earlier QoS one which had much the same.

The bit about "we thought it didn't matter what we voted for, cos they would put them in Div One anyway, so we reckoned we might as well get a piece of silver" reminded me of a time when I helped run a Sunday league team with 2 of my pals. One time, at pre-season training, one of the other players said "b*****ds, I heard in the pub from <insert name of other team's manager> that he was taking us over... fucking pish...what can you do though eh?"

:huh:

When questioned as to exactly how this guy was going to "take over" he remained adamant this was going to happen, as he had been told so by said guy.

I don't see why it will come out eventually? It was a secret ballot, the only person who knows for sure how Falkirk voted is the person who was in the room and cast the vote. If Falkirk choose not to say how they voted they can do so forever and a day. The only other way it could come out is if everyone who voted one way or the other identified themselves (presuming they don't lie). It looks unlikely now that will happen.

I think it will come out. I could be wrong of course. As could you.

I believe Bairnstrust are seeking confirmation.

We can tell you 100% what we believed the fans view was on this situation.

They were presented in person the results of the fan poll we ran the week prior to the meeting which had 90%+ of fans wishing to see Newco Rangers in Division 3.

Can I ask if you are giving the official Bairnstrust view everytime you post on this board?

Or are they your own personal views?

Just curious.

One time, at pre-season training, one of the other players said "b*****ds, I heard in the pub from <insert name of other team's manager> that he was taking us over... fucking pish...what can you do though eh?"

:huh:

When questioned as to exactly how this guy was going to "take over" he remained adamant this was going to happen, as he had been told so by said guy.

:lol:

Can I ask if you are giving the official Bairnstrust view everytime you post on this board?

Or are they your own personal views?

Just curious.

Bairnstrust are united in their views as to how the club should have voted. Our posts on this site are merely factual or reiterate what we have already said publically

Edited by BairnsTrust

No, this is utter nonsense concocted by fans looking to give the club an out they don't deserve.

There is absolutely no requirement for anyone not to disclose how they voted in a "secret" ballot. The only point of that is to prevent people being influenced by the votes of others around them (i.e. seeing that 16 hands were already up so deciding to join them or vice versa). ---GOTCHA!

By all means, people can accept the cowardly decision not to release how Falkirk voted, but please don't pretend it's for any reasons of probity. It's due to cowardice. -- I DIDN'T

We shall see what happens though when Mr Ritchie briefs Bairnstrust.

After months of hard work Falkirk TV have launched their new look website in time for the new season with improvements including the introduction of iPad and iPhone compatible videos.

NewSlide1.jpg

Falkirk TV subscriptions are available from only £4.99 a month. With the games coming thick and fast there has never been a better time to sign up.

Visit www.falkirkfc.tv