The Falkirk FC Thread

I really don't care any more. I'm bored shitless at the hysteria behind the entirely predictable and logical placing of Rangers into Div 3 after they were liquidated.

That's done.

Now I have my season ticket and I can't wait for the season to kick off and to see if Sibbald, the Fultons, Duffie and Murdoch can continue to improve and tear this league a new arsehole.

COYB

This.

Bairnstrust will not climbdown on this issue.

Out of interest, what is the hold up?

1) Have they told you how they voted but asked you not to divulge it beyond the boardroom and tell the fans what happened?

2) Have they told you that, despite you being a board member, they have no intention of telling you whether Falkirk voted Yes or No?

3) Have they not in fact returned your calls/emails?

None of the three are of course acceptable, but I'm curious as to which they have gone for. My money is obviously on 1.

Falkirk X1 team tonight was;

FALKIRK : Bowman(Amos 45); Greene, Dick, McGeever, Turnbull (T.Fulton 45), D. Fulton, Sibbald (Small 45), Comrie, White, Grant, Weatherston (McGrandles 45).

Impressed with these young players. I liked the look of Grant in particular. They competed well against an Alloa side with plenty experience, especially in midfield (Darren Young, Graeme Holmes, Bryan Gilfillan and Stephen Simmons).

Thought we just about deserved the win. Blair Munn, Conor Kelly (trialist) and Ryan Miller (trialist) got half an hour or so for the Wasps.

1) Have they told you how they voted but asked you not to divulge it beyond the boardroom and tell the fans what happened?

2) Have they told you that, despite you being a board member, they have no intention of telling you whether Falkirk voted Yes or No?

None of the three are of course acceptable, but I'm curious as to which they have gone for. My money is obviously on 1.

I find it bizarre that Falkirk are not coming out and saying which was they voted. It will come out eventually anyway, but they may have no control over when and how. Given the silence, the assumption has to be that it was a "yes". Why not just admit that then, rather than have it drag on?

The first 35mins was everything in Scottish Football we should try and get rid off.

It consisted of 18 players running at 100mph, not touch, no control and the Falkirk sides formation shapeshifting like sand dunes.

If someone can tell me why the tactics for a friendly should consist of playing a defensive line 40 yards up the park and closing down the Alloa defense in there own box then I'd be happyto listen.

You'll note I said 18 players, both keepers obviously aren't included and I've left out the 2 Alloa centre halfs who absolutely strolled through the game at a canter.

Not until 15 mins into the 2nd half did the game finally slow a little and open up, then Falkirk looked the livlier team. Alloa to be fair then made a couple of subs with 15 mins to go and the young lad who came on to play right back/right wing had an excellent spell.

re: comment on Falkirk's no.4, Fitness played a part, he looked gubbed at the end of the 1st half and his pace and legs deserted him.

All part of the learning curve though and good to watch.

FAO Alex Smith: More effort does not mean better football,

I find it bizarre that Falkirk are not coming out and saying which was they voted. It will come out eventually anyway,

I don't think it will. And they are absolutely correct that "time heals all most wounds".

In the day or so after the Record speculated Falkirk voted Yes, there was quite abit of interest here and on the OneF forum in what the vote was, people phoned and emailed the club, Bairnstrust released a statement etc.

Now, almost a week later, the mood is very much "who cares, the fitba' has nearly started". If they can ride it out til the weekend without having said anything, the problem will go away.

I don't expect we will ever find out how Falkirk voted, or at least not until the issue is long behind us. I've found the fans' reaction to this quite interesting to be honest.

I fully expect to hear the Sound of Silence on this matter and these pages of the thread will slip off into the internet ether.

The Chairman returns from holiday on Friday and has promised to brief the Trust on his return.

We expect to understand the position from that meeting.

After that we will make a public statement.

Problably not what you wish to hear but the Chairman has promised this so we will give him that courtesy.

We repeat however that we will not change our view on how the club should have voted. No matter what we are told.

Edited by BairnsTrust

The Chairman returns from holiday on Friday and has promised to brief the Trust on his return.

We expect to understand the position from that meeting.

After that we will make a public statement.

Problably not what you wish to hear but the Chairman has promised this so we will give him that courtesy.

I repeat however that we will not change our view on how the club should have voted. No matter what we are told.

Thanks for the reply. I have no problem at all with how you have gone about this and I actually have a lot of sympathy for the position you have found yourself in here - you can't be held responsible for what the club eventually did.

I think it's certain that had this happened a year ago, Bairnstrust would have quietly dropped the matter, so kudos to you for sticking to your guns.

Thanks for the reply. I have no problem at all with how you have gone about this and I actually have a lot of sympathy for the position you have found yourself in here - you can't be held responsible for what the club eventually did.

I think it's certain that had this happened a year ago, Bairnstrust would have quietly dropped the matter, so kudos to you for sticking to your guns.

Thanks for the understanding and support.

It is a difficult position we are in however there is a determination that Bairnstrust becomes a more effective voice and focus for Falkirk Fans.

There are a lot of things going on in the background with the organisation and we plan to expand on those ideas soon.

This issue has slowed that down a little however we have a clear focus as to the direction we are heading.

We hope that the support will be supportive, however we are under no illusion that because of the problems the organisation had in the past it will take a lot of work to rebuild the fans confidence.

Hopefully our actions during this time will start to do that.

The Trust can be an effective voice within the club if it is managed well and represents the broad view of our supporters.

Edited by BairnsTrust