The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Did they not think to do even the most basic due diligence checks?

Idiots.

Same could be said with the Clarke Epos deal the old board signed off. There was plenty of information out there to disprove his business credentials. 

3 minutes ago, Dade said:

Same could be said with the Clarke Epos deal the old board signed off. There was plenty of information out there to disprove his business credentials. 

... And SeatService, although that deal appears to have turned out alright in the end.

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Very true.

With respect appointing a shirt sponsor or giving the keys to the place to that guy and whoever was behind him is slightly less critical. Never forget some of the online abuse Kenny Jamieson took for opposing Campbell. Those people should now be handing the fella a medal. 

15 minutes ago, Dade said:

Can’t remember that one?

Took over the function that Clarke Epos were meant to provide but had a scant to non-existent presence for a company who apparently - "provide ticketing, click and collect, mobile ordering and advanced AI for the sports and leisure industry across Europe. Increasing revenue from customers and decreasing costs in some aspects, SeatService currently manage accounts in a number of top sporting leagues across 5 countries".

They've since been wound up.

12 minutes ago, BPM said:

With respect appointing a shirt sponsor or giving the keys to the place to that guy and whoever was behind him is slightly less critical. Never forget some of the online abuse Kenny Jamieson took for opposing Campbell. Those people should now be handing the fella a medal. 

In fairness, Mark Campbell never cost the club any money. Clarke Epos did. 

Not sure why Campbell was entertained as far as he was given the information Kenny brought to the fans attention, which in all honesty, they could easily have unearthed- just like the Clark Epos owner.

4 minutes ago, Dade said:

Not sure why Campbell was entertained as far as he was given the information Kenny brought to the fans attention, which in all honesty, they could easily have unearthed- just like the Clark Epos owner.

We weren't the first and won't be the last.

Inverness Caley Thistle have that honour currently.

Edited by Blame Me
Mixing ordinals and nouns

Hi there, I'm from Taranto in Italy and our football team is in third Italian League (Serie C).

The club was about to go bankrupt and fail and suddenly Mark Campbell bought the team, giving us fans hope for the future and announcing that his goal is to bring us to Serie A.

However, there's some uncertainty around the guy: I read he's tried to acquire many other football teams among which Falkirk.

Could you tell me why he didn't acquire Falkirk in the end and whether to place my hopes as a fan in the guy?

Thanks a lot.

5 minutes ago, michael1 said:

Hi there, I'm from Taranto in Italy and our football team is in third Italian League (Serie C).

The club was about to go bankrupt and fail and suddenly Mark Campbell bought the team, giving us fans hope for the future and announcing that his goal is to bring us to Serie A.

However, there's some uncertainty around the guy: I read he's tried to acquire many other football teams among which Falkirk.

Could you tell me why he didn't acquire Falkirk in the end and whether to place my hopes as a fan in the guy?

Thanks a lot.

It won’t be his money 

13 minutes ago, Dade said:

Mark Campbell maybe directly didn't cost us money but We had 1000 fans willing to back a fans buyout and they were sidelined for this guy. It is probably the worst decision ever made at this club (and that is quite a high bar). That decision set us back 3 years and cost the club a massive amount of money. Could you imagine where we would be now, given the last two years had the fans bid been successful? Remember then it was the same people who have steered the club in the last 3 years (yes it is nearly 3 years) who were fronting the fans bid. 

15 minutes ago, michael1 said:

Thanks a lot.

As others have and will say, he is a fantasist at best ...

If he's still got his coffee hustle the best you can hope for is decent Tiramisu (but doubt that is the 'pick me up' you and your fellow fans want)

Thats a weird one as i was reading the FH article on McGlynn commenting how far we have come (a year to the day we beat Stirling Albion 2-1 at Forthbank) and Oct the 7th was the day we drew 0-0 with Accies at TFS, anyway for some reason the article about Mark Campbell came up in the feed, hard to believe that was 5 yrs ago:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/mark-campbell-meet-the-businessman-hoping-to-turn-round-falkirks-fortunes-950152

I'm not trying to say we dodged a bullet, but the club would have been impersonating neo from The Matrix or Donald Trump with the amount of bullets dodged on that one. Really cant believe how long that got drawn out when most supporters had him outed as a fantasist at best  it was a list of what every fan wants for their club in a perfect world but very little in the way of how it was being funded or his background.

1 hour ago, michael1 said:

Thanks a lot.

I would be very afraid this was part of what we uncovered, I wouldn't say you are out the woods yet but best of luck to you, if you do a google search on the guy there are a lot of red flags about him:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/falkirk-linked-mogul-found-property-20796470

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5853821/wannabe-falkirk-tycoon-140k-compo-snub-sex-pest/