The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

first you remove the free tickets for the KM, if we still have capacity issues then remove or increase the price of concessions.

…and another thing if spare season tickets are available in the KM next season, full price payers should be offered those tickets first 

This will be discussed on Thursday, as I heard a director discuss the attendance numbers of free tickets. 

Why should I, as a concession season holder, have that concession removed or price increased to accommodate someone else? I've paid full whack for many many years and have only fairly recently reached an age where a concession is granted. I should add too that I paid more than the ticket price to add money to the managers budget.

I don't want to sit in the main stand, I want to continue to sit in the KM and I'd be raging if my right to do so was removed or altered.

1 minute ago, alonso said:

Some really disappointing and frankly childish comments over the last couple of pages ""it's mine and your no getting it" attitude.

At no point has anybody said anybody should be forcibly removed from their seat either by the club or anybody else, merely suggestions on ways we can entice new fans and take advantage of the good feelings around the club at the moment. 

I don't see anything wrong in looking for ways to entice people to move if it means getting new fans on board, if you don't want to move then fine but I'm sure there will be some who will take it up either for the good of the club or any other reason. I personally had a season in the KM for years but personally thought it was shite when we were shooting down the other end so basically moved for a better view over the 90 mins.

We're probably getting the most consistent crowds we've had in over 30 years, go back another 30 years I'm sure the crowds were even better when not so many locals were drawn to the Old Firm, at the moment we have "an unknown" number of young lads who want to tag on with their mates or just come along for the ride but cant get the tickets they want.

Surely it's in the club and everybody else's interest to explore every avenue to rectify that without the silly comments from people who happily boast about what great fans they are when ultimately a resolution to this is in the short and long term good of the club.

Agree. The more options to get and retain more fans the better. 

I do have a bit of an issue with things like make sure everyone in the KM7 is paying full price and all that. I can get on board with paying something instead of nothing for U12s, but there's a balance to be struck here. Just cos we're in a purple patch doesn't mean we can start forgetting about motivating people to come. 

Let's face it, how many of us would be the fans we are if our dad's and grandads had been priced out? 

The Ultras are a good influence, but there should be no preferential treatment to any fan. None of them are better fans than anyone else. 

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I don't think you've thought this through.

It seems younger people want to be in the KM because of the Ultras. Remove or increase that price band and your automatically hurting the very demographic that's attracted to it.

If it's purely about money then there's already spare capacity in the main stand so buy there - that will maximise the clubs income much more than an adults only KM.

This demo is always flush with disposable cash, that’s why they have Stone Island or some other trendy designer gear. 

Long term I can see the solution being the removal of the U12 in specific areas - it's the low-hanging fruit in this case.

Like @Bairnardo, I am irked by the idea that only a certain demographic is eligible for the KM and if your not in it you should move. 

I do also wonder at the durability of these new fans. I'm all for growing the fan base but if your basing it on where you sit and not what's on the park then I have concerns. 

Just now, Blame Me said:

Long term I can see the solution being the removal of the U12 in specific areas - it's the low-hanging fruit in this case.

Like @Bairnardo, I am irked by the idea that only a certain demographic is eligible for the KM and if your not in it you should move. 

I do also wonder at the durability of these new fans. I'm all for growing the fan base but if your basing it on where you sit and not what's on the park then I have concerns. 

Personally I think the lowest hanging fruit is to open up half of the North to home fans and ultimately, if folk want to sit in a specific area for atmosphere, go there and generate it. If we need seats, we have seats. Its as easy as locking the middle door. Would have the advantage of being near what would be a packed away end due it's newly smaller size. 

But yeah, next after that, take whatever..... 50 quid for a U12 ST purely to cut down on the number of "ocht might aswell just take it for the wean" ones. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

... But yeah, next after that, take whatever..... 50 quid for a U12 ST purely to cut down on the number of "ocht might aswell just take it for the wean" ones. 

The club has the data. They could easily contact those in this position and politely nudge them to use-it-or-lose-it. 

Unless someone can tell me to the contrary, I don't think the club have and so I think it's not the problem it's made out to be.

10 hours ago, Rufus said:

North Stand was designed to be split if required. 

It has 6 sections

3 sections (East) could reserved for away fans

1 center section reserved for segregation

2 sections (Main Stand side) for more home fans

If the home support continues like this then away fans tickets should be started to be sold from the East center section first, which will leave the option for Falkirk fans in the West 2 sections if required.

Hearts have been doing the above styled segregation for a while, so quite feasible for us too IMO.

Yeah I reckon the immediate solution would be to split the North Stand and reduce the away allocation. I know the optics of reducing away allocations is a bit 'old firmy', but we would be leaving around 1000 tickets and would probably only impact on Partick Thistle and Dunfermline fans this season.

Free U12s tickets is an interesting one. It's clearly a fantastic policy which should continue, but would be interesting to see the data on the number of U12s season tickets bought compared to those used on a matchday. Could it be that we continue to offer free U12 tickets for each match, but if you want to secure a seat with a Season Ticket there is some cost? Something to consider. 

I can see the logic behind offering KM7 Season Ticket Holders the opportunity to move to the main stand and free up seats which could be taken by younger fans who want to join Ultras1876, but may not be happy to sit elsewhere. However, there's no way of guaranteeing that any seats that were free'd up would even be taken up by younger fans anyway. Not sure it would work. 

1 minute ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Yeah I reckon the immediate solution would be to split the North Stand and reduce the away allocation. I know the optics of reducing away allocations is a bit 'old firmy', but we would be leaving around 1000 tickets and would probably only impact on Partick Thistle and Dunfermline fans this season.

Free U12s tickets is an interesting one. It's clearly a fantastic policy which should continue, but would be interesting to see the data on the number of U12s season tickets bought compared to those used on a matchday. Could it be that we continue to offer free U12 tickets for each match, but if you want to secure a seat with a Season Ticket there is some cost? Something to consider. 

I can see the logic behind offering KM7 Season Ticket Holders the opportunity to move to the main stand and free up seats which could be taken by younger fans who want to join Ultras1876, but may not be happy to sit elsewhere. However, there's no way of guaranteeing that any seats that were free'd up would even be taken up by younger fans anyway. Not sure it would work. 

Yeah ultimately you would have a specific KM7 waiting list, who were offered tickets for that stand as they became available but you can't have anything other than first come first served as far as the queue goes. You definitely can't have it based on age or anything else. Other than like I mentioned earlier, if folk sign up for a waiting list for the KM7, tell them if they buy Main Stand in the interim they'll be at the head of the KM7 queue. That way you get the fan on board now and they get their preffered seat as and when a current holder leaves. 

f**king love a crowd w**k btw. We literally dont have enough seats were that massive. 

I don’t think there is any issue with splitting the North against the clubs that are unlikely to fill it.

Longer term hopefully the club can come up with a solution, I’d hate to think that we can’t accommodate young fans or anyone who want to follow the club.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

3 hours ago, Onthegoalline1876 said:

Why on earth should fans who have long supported the team over many years, through the highs and lows, the good and the oh very bad times, have to move from a seat in a stand they have chosen for anyone ?

I never at any point said anyone had to move, I can just see the way the wind is blowing, is all. The Ultras WILL want to grow their numbers and I can see the club most likely wanting to accommodate them. I ain't moving, and I'm sure most others won't either.

There's no way Partick are bringing 1,100 again. What with the novelty of their first visit in a few years and the mediocre season they're heading towards I reckon 7-800 tops. Can't see anyone else bring more than that so splitting the stand out with the Dunfermline games shouldn't be an issue 

We could try the following:

• Split the north stand as suggested
  • Hire a single gazebo and place it centrally on the East side on halfway line then allocate to the ultras. Twofold benefits, as the ultras get a superior view of the game being halfway & pitch side, and it also frees up much needed capacity in KM7. Hiring one gazebo presumably cheaper and Club can test if the ultras can grow, and if they do, hire a 2nd gazebo. I used to stand under the shed at Brockville and I'd love to watch from 'the east side facing main stand' again.

The above shuffles the pack a bit, and through compromise, could maybe fix some issues we're seeing.

At least until we build un upper tier for the KM7...

Edited by GunnerBairn

Splitting the north stand obviously frees up more seats but it doesn’t solve the problem of getting more people in the KM to grow the ultra group.
I totally get the opportunity to grow the fan base but let’s be honest, if these guys were desperate to get in and watch Falkirk they would’ve got one of the 6000+ available tickets. They want in for a jump about, not sat at the opposite end of the ground with a few hundred others who’ve hardly attended a game. 

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

Splitting the north stand obviously frees up more seats but it doesn’t solve the problem of getting more people in the KM to grow the ultra group.
I totally get the opportunity to grow the fan base but let’s be honest, if these guys were desperate to get in and watch Falkirk they would’ve got one of the 6000+ available tickets. They want in for a jump about, not sat at the opposite end of the ground with a few hundred others who’ve hardly attended a game. 

A fair point. I think it would be a good idea to have a group occupy the northern section of the Main Stand as the away fans don't really have any interaction with our fans during the games and that's something that's missed - the back and fourth, shouting abuse, banter etc. A moot point if the North Stand is halved to accommodate more supporters, mind you.

3 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

A fair point. I think it would be a good idea to have a group occupy the northern section of the Main Stand as the away fans don't really have any interaction with our fans during the games and that's something that's missed - the back and fourth, shouting abuse, banter etc. A moot point if the North Stand is halved to accommodate more supporters, mind you.

I get that option too but it’s been tried before. Personally I much prefer us having ‘an end’

If you want to get folk to volunteer their KM7 season tickets, then move the ultras to the main stand or a new East "stand" area. The view from KM7 when Falkirk is shooting the other way is sh*te. The only reason folk love the KM7 is because the ultras keep it bouncing and it's great fun singing and clapping along

16 minutes ago, Bairnabéu17 said:

If you want to get folk to volunteer their KM7 season tickets, then move the ultras to the main stand or a new East "stand" area. The view from KM7 when Falkirk is shooting the other way is sh*te. The only reason folk love the KM7 is because the ultras keep it bouncing and it's great fun singing and clapping along

The view is not shite if you sit towards the top, indeed it is a better view than the much lauded Hope Street end at Brockville.

Also bollocks to say people only love being there because of the Ultras who are a very recent phenomenon.