The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

If we're going for the soapboxes here, I'd really like it if the club/police got someone to manage the traffic on the road across from the stadium. Thousands of people dodging the cars every home match can't be good, it'd just need someone for half an hour or so to let people cross.

There's my mini rant.

I understand we used to pay the police to do this back in the SPL days.

There are a few problem areas around the ground at FT that would only take decent traffic management to solve.

I've a feeling as long as we are stuck in the Championship then nothing will be done.

I also never can understand why the first steward on show  is well into the ground at the first corner. They should be standing at the entrance on the roundabout stopping people from coming in that have no right to or that have taken a wrong turn. Its especially annoying during the big games where people then hold up the whole line of traffic having to turn and head back out at the bottom. This is another area that used to be controlled much better .

I understand we used to pay the police to do this back in the SPL days.

There are a few problem areas around the ground at FT that would only take decent traffic management to solve.

I've a feeling as long as we are stuck in the Championship then nothing will be done.

I
Yes your right. The police fee used to include outside the ground, traffic ect. Now it's only the stadium "footprint" as they call it.

I also never can understand why the first steward on show  is well into the ground at the first corner. They should be standing at the entrance on the roundabout stopping people from coming in that have no right to or that have taken a wrong turn. Its especially annoying during the big games where people then hold up the whole line of traffic having to turn and head back out at the bottom. This is another area that used to be controlled much better .

Is it not to stop the roundabout/main road getting blocked up? Makes sense to me.

16 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Is it not to stop the roundabout/main road getting blocked up? Makes sense to me.

But it gets blocked up anyway by the queue coming from inside due to people getting sent back out having to do 3 point turns etc.. If they were simply sending people on their way at the roundabout then there wouldn't  be any blockages anyway.

Taking triviality to the extreme here I absolutely loathe those yellow Mitre abominations that we have to use as match balls!
Though the pink and green Nike balls used in England and Spain are also shockers.
Mini rant over.

This is not triviality, this is gold!

Even for me this is petty & trivial but where better to air my grievance...our ball boys are slow! I'm sure there are doing there best but they are slow! Actually maybe it is just that there are so few of them and they are sparsely spread out but I think they are just slow. Can we get faster ones please? Spend the Vaulks money on recruitment & training of fast ball boys or ball girls I'm not sexist! That is all!

You are not alone I agree...or use older ffc youth players to get them used to being near the pitch in front of a crowd. Another thing that rankles and is related is when we aren't winning and our own players drop the ball walk away from it and generally show no urgency. This has happened at most of our home games this season including throw ins and corners

Taking triviality to the extreme here I absolutely loathe those yellow Mitre abominations that we have to use as match balls!
Though the pink and green Nike balls used in England and Spain are also shockers.
Mini rant over.

If we're going for the soapboxes here, I'd really like it if the club/police got someone to manage the traffic on the road across from the stadium. Thousands of people dodging the cars every home match can't be good, it'd just need someone for half an hour or so to let people cross.

There's my mini rant.

Keep em coming please [emoji106]

Match report from today's youth cup tie. Good to see a good few academy boys on show.

Best of the academy boys were Dunne who scored a cracker and no 17 who played in the middle of the park. Didn't catch his name unfortunately.

Cup competitions are all about progression and that’s exactly what the Bairns did despite not being on top form. A Kevin O’Hara double was followed up by a stunning strike from Cieran Dunne to send Falkirk safely through after Liam McGuigan had given Albion Rovers the lead just a minute into the match.

Albion Rovers took the lead with 60 seconds on the clock as Liam McGuigan headed into the back of the net after the ball spun kindly back into his path. It was far from the start wanted by the Bairns who left themselves with a deficit to overcome in the remainder of the game.

In a largely uneventful half there was a lengthy stoppage in play as Reis Peggie and Michael Hopkins clattered into each other in a 50-50 challenge on the halfway line. The young midfielder was visibly in a lot of pain and was soon replaced by Jason Jarvis, while Hopkins attempted to play on, but was also substituted later in the half.

The Bairns managed to pull level before the break as Kevin O’Hara tucked away a good finish from the edge of the box. The striker had the ball in the back of the net again before the interval, but he was called offside as the two teams went in with the scores all square.

Falkirk came out for the second half with a point to prove and soon had the lead. Kevin O’Hara, who had been a standout for the Bairns, sent a great header past Daniel Potts after Jason Jarvis crossed into the box. Within a matter of minutes that lead was doubled with Cameron Blues sending a diagonal pass to Cieran Dunne who lashed a powerful strike straight into the top corner.

The two goal lead gave Falkirk some breathing space as they controlled the latter stages of the match. Mark Stowe had a goal chalked after he strayed offside, Conor Langton fired one just over and Jason Jarvis had a curling effort held as the Bairns looked to add further gloss to the scoreline.

The visitors continued to fight and were probably unlucky not to at least pull another goal back, but it’s the Bairns that go marching on into the 3rd Round of the SFA Youth Cup.

FULL TIME: FALKIRK 3-1 ALBION ROVERS

FALKIRK: McMinn, Finlayson, Gallacher, Blues, Mitchell, Johnson, Langton (Walker 83), Peggie (Jarvis 24), O’Hara, Stowe (McBride 70), Dunne

Subs not used: Bery, Munro, Keary, Coulter

ALBION ROVERS: Potts, Frew, Munro, Lightbody, McGlone, Johnston, Archibald, Hopkins, McGuigan, Shields, Shields, O’Kane

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/match/15881-falkirk-v-albion-rovers/

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Absolutely this. I just don't get how its allowed to happen and also can't believe someone hasn't been wiped out yet. Disgraceful.

The council put 2 sets of traffic lights up to get people across the road into the Helix park. The stadium has been opened for 12 years and they still haven't widened the path between the college and the roundabout like the original plans indicated.

Basically the council don't like FFC and seem to encourage a few of us getting wiped out.

12 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Shat it or buy the top?

Maybe because they are our derby rivals and didn't want to even be seen buying one? Is there a deal on Falkirk tops at the moment?

Buy the top. Surely if they're your true rivals, it would have been more humiliating for the lad? As the previous poster said, our home top has been sold out pretty much since it was released months ago