The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Id suggest the 2nd camp is that they will judge after a manager has put his stamp on formation, players tactics and maybe a free transfer in, I dont think anyone is saying the signings are all amazing but hopefully a few more step up with a manager who doesnt drain the life out of players by one way or another 

The shit might still stick under McKinnon but we wont know till he has been given a chance to instill what he wants to the players. 

We see it every season in the uk where a manager comes in at a team rooted to the bottom or in a relegation place and he can turn them into a useful outfit who go on a run that seemed impossible, Neil Warnock the go to guy for these turnarounds. I am sure there are opposite scenarios where it gets worse tho....but sssshhhhhh about them 

Yeah, Darren Moore at West Brom last season is a good example of that, but that's usually taking an underperforming group of players upwards. 

Not under-talented. You're right though, as I said we know the quality of what we've seen so far is ridiculously inadequate, but we haven't seen what if anything McKinnon can do to change that 

When I think of “the squad”, I tend to limit that thinking to the lads who came up from England. Not because they are English, but because they were the ones who were the much vaunted Superscout finds that had been on the radar since almost a year ago.

The reality of what they have delivered has been (obviously) underwhelming, and to a man, have brought less to the side than those who were removed by Hartley.

Rightly or wrongly, the rest (with maybe the exception of Petra), I see as panic signings on the back of what was seen in pre-season.

Now, the last chance saloon position is that we hope Ray McKinnon can somehow build confidence into the players (especially the English lads), give them a basic organisation they can buy into and understand, and take it from there. I don’t doubt the new manager. I do doubt that the scale of the problems can be surmounted on the hoof within the season.

I really hope he can make my doubts evaporate into space.

The really really important bit is that as a support, we accept that we no longer have any enemies on the park, on the bench, or in the dug out. Any anger or upset at what has gone before should be aimed elsewhere.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Dunno. I would have thought so too, but have spoken to a few guys (not just those here) who seem to see something I don't in this squad.

I think rather than trying to judge the quality of the squad or the performances thus far, a more useful gauge would be the difference in performance pre/post Hartleys sacking. The stats against Queens were horrific, almost unfathomable in fact. They spoke of something much more wrong than the quality of player. 

To turn in a much better performance the next week, away from home to a better team tells you that the ability they have, versus the ability we have been shown havent reached an equilibrium yet. So yeah, performance level is secondary to the difference between 2 consecutive performance levels for me. Qualified by saying that only lasts so long. It's my belief the McKinnon can and will get more out of them, but it remains a fact that he needs to do it pretty fucking quickly.

12 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Dono if this has been posted already (apologies, if so) but some of these reactions are very enjoyable:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/morton/how-morton-fans-have-reacted-to-ray-mckinnon-s-departure-1-4793475

Just when I feel ready to move on, they drag me back in. 

ABSOLUTE. FUCKING. DIDDIES!!!!!:lol::lol:

7 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Aye, but it kind of shows the scale of how fucked we are that we were pretty happy with a 2-0 going over by County, with a scoreless half, in that it showed progress of a sort.

A club that we should have been competing with for promotion, we are content not to be humiliated by.

Fucking grim 

Aye but that wee bit of progress was an indicator that the players we have are capable of playing to a level higher than outright shambles. It is as yet an unknown variable what level they can reach. 

Think we're defo in two camps as fans .

1 who thinks this squad is a collection of unrecoverable shite which no matter the manager will be bottom 2 material 

and 1 which thinks there's enough there for the right gaffer to drag up to mid table in the Championship

I don't want to commit to a camp because I am a shite bag but I did think there were some signs in pre-season as to why some of the players had been signed.

Jury is still out on McKinnon being able to get something out of them but hopefully with a bit more organisation and some better coaching he can get more out of them.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I think rather than trying to judge the quality of the squad or the performances thus far, a more useful gauge would be the difference in performance pre/post Hartleys sacking. The stats against Queens were horrific, almost unfathomable in fact. They spoke of something much more wrong than the quality of player. 

To turn in a much better performance the next week, away from home to a better team tells you that the ability they have, versus the ability we have been shown havent reached an equilibrium yet. So yeah, performance level is secondary to the difference between 2 consecutive performance levels for me. Qualified by saying that only lasts so long. It's my belief the McKinnon can and will get more out of them, but it remains a fact that he needs to do it pretty fucking quickly.

Just when I feel ready to move on, they drag me back in. 

ABSOLUTE. FUCKING. DIDDIES!!!!!:lol::lol:

Neil Leitch: “Come on Ye Ton. Nobody is bigger than the club.”

This is my favourite, yeah nobody except Falkirk FC the mighty Bairns!!!

I'm interested to see whether Joe McKee makes a return to the team under Mackinnon. Gordon Young was never going to disobey his master's orders and play him on Saturday, but I hope Mackinnon has another look at him. He's certainly better than some of the dross we have playing at the moment.

I'm interested to see whether Joe McKee makes a return to the team under Mackinnon. Gordon Young was never going to disobey his master's orders and play him on Saturday, but I hope Mackinnon has another look at him. He's certainly better than some of the dross we have playing at the moment.
More irrelevant drivel used as a carrier for pointless negative pish.

Genuinely nothing of any point or substance in this post. Boring b*****d.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:
Get the reserves oan Jeffries...
Morale boosting marmelisation of Fistul today

Dunne laying them on for Mackin. He has to be in the first team squad for me. Looked good last season, hooefully Ray has seen him at the right time here.

Dont really understand what he did to be out of favour. Should definitely get a first team run..