The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Have we released some more players or has the Herald jumped the gun or am i reading the article wrong ?

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/falkirk-first-team-experience-as-junior-bairns-meet-their-football-heroes-1-4857145

From shooting drills into goalkeepers Leo Fasan, David Mitchell and Robbie Mutch to skills and fitness with Ray McKinnon and assistant Darren Taylor, the fans were put through their paces for a glimpse into what it is like for Patrick Brough, Scott Harrison, Tommy Robson and company. There was also a signing session for autograph hunters and a chance to say goodbye to some of the Bairns who left the club shortly afterwards.

Think that was a few weeks ago now.

Think the only one i would like to see leave now is Fasan,  Could do with replacement for Kidd, McKee and Aero but prob need to wait till summer for them.

Edited by AL-FFC

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

He had the choice to stay but couldnt get away quick enough . Manager may have changed but its still the same bod that were here when he was playing silly buggers with his contract.  We've now got Mclean, Dunn, Waddington, McShane and Osman plus Paton ,Mckee and Petra . Would be a total waste of cash bringing in another midfielder. 

I think you're being a tad unfair to Sibbald. He gave us a lot of years service and wanted to test himself at a higher level before probably hoping to move on again in order to make some decent money out of the game. Problem is that he possibly thought he was going to be a fixture but he's hardly featured much at all and that's why I think a loan move could be a possibility, especially with Livi having just added another two midfielders. 

I don't think Dunn will feature and Petra's not a midfielder and, although I wasn't at the game on Saturday, it appears that Osman has a bit of catching up to do. Sibbald already has a good working relationship with Robson down the left too and would surely be above McKee and Paton in the pecking order. 

I don't think it would be a waste of money to have someone of his obvious ability in the squad although, as I say, the cash should be used for other positions first.

I think you're being a tad unfair to Sibbald. He gave us a lot of years service and wanted to test himself at a higher level before probably hoping to move on again in order to make some decent money out of the game. Problem is that he possibly thought he was going to be a fixture but he's hardly featured much at all and that's why I think a loan move could be a possibility, especially with Livi having just added another two midfielders. 
I don't think Dunn will feature and Petra's not a midfielder and, although I wasn't at the game on Saturday, it appears that Osman has a bit of catching up to do. Sibbald already has a good working relationship with Robson down the left too and would surely be above McKee and Paton in the pecking order. 
I don't think it would be a waste of money to have someone of his obvious ability in the squad although, as I say, the cash should be used for other positions first.
Shadwell is just Shadwelling here I reckon. I cant believe any Falkirk fan would honestly turn their nose up at Sibbs coming in because he left us.

I dont think we will see him back, BUT if he were to go out on loan and ended up at us, th only reason that woupd happen rather than going to any of the clubs in the mid to top end would be because he genuinely wants to help dig us out the shite. He is good enough for every team in this league and then some.
He only ends up at relegation threatened Falkirk if he wants to.

Going by some of Sibbs comments in post match interviews last season i think the biggest issue he had at the club was Hartley, the getting him to join Livi i think was more Miller, the end of the day if your hating the place your in , its only natural he was going to leave if anything to get away from PH.

Going by some of Sibbs comments in post match interviews last season i think the biggest issue he had at the club was Hartley, the getting him to join Livi i think was more Miller, the end of the day if your hating the place your in , its only natural he was going to leave if anything to get away from PH.

Not convinced it was Hartley it was the way they dealt with him the summer prior was his beef IMO.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not convinced it was Hartley it was the way they dealt with him the summer prior was his beef IMO.

Its Falkirk it would probably be safe to say all of the above when it comes to us. lets face it the club aren't exactly great in dealing with most situations.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

It's been patently evident for 3 or 4 years Sibbald wasn't good enough to move on. He has no pace, or change of pace for that matter. Well seeing he was one of the few products of the Academy not to be moved on for cash

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Which PH? As he wasn't turning it in for either Houston or Hartley.

It's been patently evident for 3 or 4 years Sibbald wasn't good enough to move on. He has no pace, or change of pace for that matter. Well seeing he was one of the few products of the Academy not to be moved on for cash
But yet, on the say so of people with more footballing knowledge than ourselves, move on he did.

Thing about Sibbs is he had that bit of creativity to ring a goal from himself or someone else just last season we didnt really have the players to do that or the ones we did have  had downed tools for one or both the PHs

13 minutes ago, kiddy said:

You may feel he wasn't good enough to get a decent move but do you feel he isn't good enough to improve our team at the moment? 

17 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

You may feel he wasn't good enough to get a decent move but do you feel he isn't good enough to improve our team at the moment? 

1 minute ago, kiddy said:
17 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Eh, no!

tapatalk_1547032165436.gif

Nah, he disappeared a lot faster than that on his return from Luton.
The one and only time I recall being pissed off with Sibbs last season was his stupid red against the Pars.

Puzzled by the suggestion that he was hiding on the park. His performance away at Morton in which he scored the winner and absolutely pocketed Gary Harkins was one of the best performances we seen from anyone and IIRC his return from injury pretty much coincided with our upturn in form. Of course Hartleys fairly successful window played a huge part, but Sibbald was instrumental.

Shadwells stance over the fact that he left us therefore f**k him is more sensible than your belief that he doesnt have the quality to improve us. Thats just mental.

The one and only time I recall being pissed off with Sibbs last season was his stupid red against the Pars.

Puzzled by the suggestion that he was hiding on the park. His performance away at Morton in which he scored the winner and absolutely pocketed Gary Harkins was one of the best performances we seen from anyone and IIRC his return from injury pretty much coincided with our upturn in form. Of course Hartleys fairly successful window played a huge part, but Sibbald was instrumental.

Shadwells stance over the fact that he left us therefore f**k him is more sensible than your belief that he doesnt have the quality to improve us. Thats just mental.
'But he once had Gary Harkins in his pocket!'

Really, is that it?

'But he once had Gary Harkins in his pocket!'

Really, is that it?
No thats obviously not it. Thats the outstanding performance of his last season off the top of my head, I also said he was instrumental in our run of form that made us safe. Of course I am not going to provide a massive string of examples because tbh my memory wont allow for that, but he was undoubtedly very important for us.

It also shouldnt be forgotten that the season before last he weighed in with 10 goals. The idea that he doesnt have the quality required purely on the basis that he is on the fringes of a Livi team who have an outstanding 3 in central midfield doesnt stack up.

Ian McShane who couldnt get a game for a rancid St Mirren side will IMO go on to prove that logic to be shite.

The idea of someone suggesting Craig Sibbald isnt good enough for a Championship relegation battle is absolutely bonkers