The Falkirk FC Thread

42 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Would they not have been better basing the crowd allowed in on the size of the stadium? I mean 500 at some grounds is quite a crowd whilst at others it means there's huge areas with noone in them. Seems a bit ott to limit it to 500 whether it's Anna or the old firm.

I think she mentioned something about fans travelling to games together/gathering in pubs (despite producing no fucking evidence whatsoever to back this up).

6 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I think she mentioned something about fans travelling to games together/gathering in pubs (despite producing no fucking evidence whatsoever to back this up).

Surely you just ban away fans.  And the restrictions in pubs will prevent fans gathering in big numbers anyway as it must be table service for alcohol.

Guest FFC1965

Whole thing stinks. 

No risk in using vaccine passports to have a capacity of 25% of capacity min 500. 

She really hates football. 

Watch the restrictions get lifted for the Six Nations - you can guarantee that Murrayfield will have 70,000 piss drinkers there on 5th February.     

Just now, FFC1965 said:

Whole thing stinks. 

No risk in using vaccine passports to have a capacity of 25% of capacity min 500. 

Watch the restrictions get lifted for the Six Nations - you can guarantee that Murrayfield will have 70,000 piss drinkers there on 5th February.     

She’s fecking despicable 

15 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

Whole thing stinks. 

Yeah how is it okay to have thousands of people traipsing round the likes of silverburn and Buchanan galleries and the st james quarter etc  inside on boxing Day but only 500 folk can sit in the open air at a football match. It just makes absolutely no sense at all.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

500 people total

2 squads + coaches, kitmen, physios, various hangers on with sports science degrees, officials - 50 or 60 people

Youth teams, coaches etc - 50-60?

2 boards, major shareholders and mates - maybe 20-30

Player's family, friends, say 3 each - 120

Stadium staff - 20?

Agents, other football hangers on - 20

FTV - 3

Photographers - 4

That's 300+ there without a single ticket being bought. 

And Andy fucking Thomson 

Edited by Newbornbairn

Is this DPB’s Tory loving offspring taking over our thread. Politics page for anti-SNP bias please.
Na. There is a covid thread where spleens can be vented but you are way off here. Criticising this bollocks isn't anti SNP bias in the slightest. Its calling bullshit out for what it is, and claiming that calling out the SNP is somehow pro Tory is gaslighting nonsense.

Don't like this move as it seems a token gesture. The virus is mostly spread in closed poorly ventilated areas the science shows. why leave shops open but limit stadia ? I am well aware that the +ive rate is soaring and in the NHS sickness is getting beyond a joke but surely it makes more sense to allow open air events no matter the crowd

Don't like this move as it seems a token gesture. The virus is mostly spread in closed poorly ventilated areas the science shows. why leave shops open but limit stadia ? I am well aware that the +ive rate is soaring and in the NHS sickness is getting beyond a joke but surely it makes more sense to allow open air events no matter the crowd

Fair point. And of course pubs will still be packed out watching games on TV.
However it’s pretty obvious that the view here is to balance public protections against the economy, whether you believe that’s fair or otherwise….

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Fair point. And of course pubs will still be packed out watching games on TV.
However it’s pretty obvious that the view here is to balance public protections against the economy, whether you believe that’s fair or otherwise….

Will many  people go to pubs if you've got to be at a table to drink booze though? Most folk will just get their mates round to the house where there's noone restricting anything and the drinks cheaper id've thought.

Na. There is a covid thread where spleens can be vented but you are way off here. Criticising this bollocks isn't anti SNP bias in the slightest. Its calling bullshit out for what it is, and claiming that calling out the SNP is somehow pro Tory is gaslighting nonsense.

So the “she is despicable” comment isn’t anti-SNP, the she being referred to is the head of an SNP government and leader of the party. Each to their own but to me that’s anti-SNP.

Do you happen to know whether a more virulent strain like this is much more transmissible outdoors?
It was considered very low risk for Delta for example, but I just wondered if there’s any data to suggest it’s a different issue here and that’s why there is more concern for large outdoor events?

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

So the “she is despicable” comment isn’t anti-SNP, the she being referred to is the head of an SNP government and leader of the party. Each to their own but to me that’s anti-SNP.

There are people who are SNP but not great fans of sturgeon mind you just like any political party.  People can agree with the views of the party but not particularly with the person leading it at any one time.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Do you happen to know whether a more virulent strain like this is much more transmissible outdoors?
It was considered very low risk for Delta for example, but I just wondered if there’s any data to suggest it’s a different issue here and that’s why there is more concern for large outdoor events?

It's more transmissible on the whole but still far more transmissible indoor than out.

There are people who are SNP but not great fans of sturgeon mind you just like any political party.  People can agree with the views of the party but not particularly with the person leading it at any one time.

Yep, I’m one of them.
Still doesn’t excuse some of the stupid comments above…

Yip I totally agree, I was no great fan of Alex Salmond as a person.