The Falkirk FC Thread

At the very least I hope they record those who get a ticket tomorrow so that they’re discounted for future games.

I know that sounds cunty but otherwise it’ll be the same 380 folk every week.

I do sympathize with the club for this game but would expect a much better system going forward, assuming that we’ll be restricted for the next month or two at least.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 minute ago, Hughsie said:

At the very least I hope they record those who get a ticket tomorrow so that they’re discounted for future games.

I know that sounds cunty but otherwise it’ll be the same 380 folk every week.

I do sympathize with the club for this game but would expect a much better system going forward, assuming that we’ll be restricted for the next month or two at least.

I don’t disagree 

Guest Back Post Misses
4 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Absolute nonsense and you know it. Had this happened before you invested some money you’d be all over it but you can’t possibly say a bad word about the club now. First come first served is the most unfair way. 

Also, how the f**k can you ‘guarantee’ 20% would hand them back? Another nonsense statement.

Also, hospitality day trippers trumping season ticket holders 🤷🏼‍♂️

Another poor call from the club but “let’s all pull together”

I really don’t see what else they could do for this game other than maybe 50% online as I said earlier. Jamie Swinney has given an explanation as to why they could not do anything else this time. They should IMO be able to sort something for the Dumbarton game that is fairer.

I believe that was the sort of numbers that passed their tickets on at the last balloted game.

Guest Back Post Misses
2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I see clubs in our division have voted to play on through the 500 attendance limit.
Can’t imagine we would have voted for that?…

Not sure? Close down, no furlough and bring in no income? Especially if this goes on. 

Club have been put in a tricky position here at late notice, I’m happy with the explanation Jamie Swinney has given as to why it needs to be on a first come first serve basis, don’t see how else it could have been done in a way that can accommodate family bubbles, parents or adults that sit with young children or careers who perhaps take an elderly or partially disabled fan to games. A random ballot would cause to much disruption to that with only 380 tickets available. If it is to be a long term thing hopefully the club can get the heads together and arrange a way where all season ticket holders have an even chance of a ticket going forward rather than just first come first serve, perhaps removing anybody who is successful in getting tickets for the Clyde game from the next ballot or something to that effect.  

Not sure? Close down, no furlough and bring in no income? Especially if this goes on. 

Not sure if ST holders would be too happy, but knowing all ST holders can watch for free on FTV anyway, and given the financial situation for the club, I’d make all 500 tickets chargeable on a first come basis but offer a discount on all STs next season in return.
After all the majority of ST holders are not going to get in to the game anyway.

If they do a ballot for the Dumbarton game and I get offered a ticket I will tell them to give it to someone else. I’ve just renewed and think those who have been suffering all season she get first dabs on tickets, plus I’m happy sitting watching in the warm house on TV.

Like all clubs caught in the headlights with the fans cap. 
Still a very poor decision and no doubt unless you get down there early doors, you’ve no chance of a ticket.’

I’ve no doubt people will be picking up for many.

Reluctantly accept this decision, but those who are lucky to get a ticket are not included for the next game.

In today’s electronic world we live in, cannot understand why a simple electronic ballet was not conducted.

24 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I see the premier league are starting their winter break now.  Lower leagues are playing on.

Lower leagues don't have a winter break 

I don't think there is an easy answer here, 2300 season tickets and the outline is two games are effected (it will be more) 760 into 2300 doesn't go, leaving mass amounts of folk unhappy no matter what you do

Thanks Nicola

Guest Back Post Misses
37 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Kieran Offord starting for St Mirren tonight due to their covid crisis. Wasn't he part of our Forth Valley Academy?

Yip 

20 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Not sure if ST holders would be too happy, but knowing all ST holders can watch for free on FTV anyway, and given the financial situation for the club, I’d make all 500 tickets chargeable on a first come basis but offer a discount on all STs next season in return.
After all the majority of ST holders are not going to get in to the game anyway.

That would be illegal I suspect 

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Don't fancy Mcguffie as the left wing back but hopefully that's just because Mccann is out either injured or with covid. Was there any trialists playing?

McGuffie was playing LWB on Saturday. McCann must be injured rather than Covid related as he was sitting amongst the subs. Didnt realise how wee he is, his feet were dangling off the seat.