The Falkirk FC Thread

Hibs will finish at least 10 points ahead of us. Stubbs is a moron but there's too many game changers in their team and they'll win games. On the other hand I've never seen a Falkirk team so lacking in creativity. Outwith the top two it looks a rotten league so third isn't out of the question. Zero chance of us running the gauntlet and getting promoted though.

Win the games versus Hibs and continue picking up points as we are then 2nd will be ours.

We are inconsistent, as are Hibs, yet we have not looked like getting beat even in the draws.

We will at some stage lose and could be soon but it's how we ALL react to that that will define us.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Looking at the table things are starting to take shape and we're doing ok.

After Friday we know QOS are poor and shouldn't be a threat.

Not quite sure how you can reasonably conclude anything different at all about both teams. Feel free to conclude we're poor if you like but so were Falkirk. We're a massive four points behind you in the league and will likely stay there to the quarter point with both of us having Hibs to play and you also have Rangers. That's basically the difference in the two results against Raith where you grabbed a late winner at home against ten men and we were beaten by a badly defended late goal away having earlier been denied a fairly clear penalty.

I've seen nothing to persuade me that Falkirk, Queens and Raith won't all be reasonably close together again. Morton look like they could be in that mix too. Rangers will have the league won by the end of February. Hibs will likely come clear in second. The mystery remains whether St Mirren will sort themselves out and get involved in the playoff battle or not.

Not quite sure how you can reasonably conclude anything different at all about both teams. Feel free to conclude we're poor if you like but so were Falkirk. We're a massive four points behind you in the league and will likely stay there to the quarter point with both of us having Hibs to play and you also have Rangers. That's basically the difference in the two results against Raith where you grabbed a late winner at home against ten men and we were beaten by a badly defended late goal away having earlier been denied a fairly clear penalty.

I've seen nothing to persuade me that Falkirk, Queens and Raith won't all be reasonably close together again. Morton look like they could be in that mix too. Rangers will have the league won by the end of February. Hibs will likely come clear in second. The mystery remains whether St Mirren will sort themselves out and get involved in the playoff battle or not.

We're 4 points ahead of you, unbeaten with a game in hand. This coupled with the fact you looked proper rank on Friday, it's simple really. Edited by COYB_RAB

We're 4 points ahead of you, unbeaten with a game in hand. This coupled with the fact you looked proper rank on Friday, it's simple really.

Unbeaten is essentially meaningless though, isn't it? It's about the points gathered and Falkirk have four more. The game in hand might make the gap bigger, but as it's effectively against Rangers, that's perhaps unlikely.

And I think we'd have little difficulty in throwing the "looked proper rank on Friday" thing, right back at you.

Not so sure why people think St mirren will turn things around.Not saying they won't of course just that it's not a given based on the first qaurter of the season.Still think although their strikers are utter muck the bairns will take 3rd place, like the look of the defence. As for us god knows!

Edited by QosLoyal

Unbeaten is essentially meaningless though, isn't it? It's about the points gathered and Falkirk have four more. The game in hand might make the gap bigger, but as it's effectively against Rangers, that's perhaps unlikely.And I think we'd have little difficulty in throwing the "looked proper rank on Friday" thing, right back at you.

Game in hands against hibs actually

We're 4 points ahead of you, unbeaten with a game in hand. This coupled with the fact you looked proper rank on Friday, it's simple really.

As did you. Presuming we're always like that whilst you aren't is plain daft. Your effective game in hand is at Ibrox. You are four points ahead, it's hardly a massive gap and as already pointed out, comes down to the relative results against Raith.

Falkirk may well go on to finish in the top three and way clear of us but the evidence of Friday night doesn't prove it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

As did you. Presuming we're always like that whilst you aren't is plain daft. Your effective game in hand is at Ibrox. You are four points ahead, it's hardly a massive gap and as already pointed out, comes down to the relative results against Raith.

Falkirk may well go on to finish in the top three and way clear of us but the evidence of Friday night doesn't prove it.

Queens fan with their knickers in a twist on the Falkirk thread....Familiar

It isn't really in terms of comparing your first quarter with ours. We've both still got Hibs at home to play to reach that quarter point. Your other game is against Rangers.

After Saturday we will still have a game in hand, which will be Hibs...

So our game against Rangers doesn't count ?

the signing of Jon Daly rather than someone decent could cost them over the course of the season.

He's only here til January. Wighton's due to return to Dundee in December and Vaughan is out injured for the foreseeable future. That leaves us with only Stewart and Megginson (to a degree) as our strikers unless McKinnon gets Wighton and/or Daly's deals increased.

Surprised people are tipping us to do well this season, we're only a point better off than we were last season at this point of the campaign.

After Saturday we will still have a game in hand, which will be Hibs...

So our game against Rangers doesn't count ?

Of course it counts, good God some Falkirk fans are hard work. Come Saturday evening your game in hand is against Hibs. At the moment it's entirely reasonable to point that as we both have Hibs at home to play in the 1st quarter, your game in hand is effectively your trip to Ibrox. It shouldn't really be an enormously difficult concept to get your head round but as a couple of you seem to be struggling with the logic it looks like education standards in the Falkirk area might be a little low.

Of course it counts, good God some Falkirk fans are hard work. Come Saturday evening your game in hand is against Hibs. At the moment it's entirely reasonable to point that as we both have Hibs at home to play in the 1st quarter, your game in hand is effectively your trip to Ibrox. It shouldn't really be an enormously difficult concept to get your head round but as a couple of you seem to be struggling with the logic it looks like education standards in the Falkirk area might be a little low.

In no way EVER is our trip to Ibrox our game in hand.

Our game in hand is Hibs and will be until it's played.

In no way EVER is our trip to Ibrox our game in hand.

Our game in hand is Hibs and will be until it's played.

Okay, lets just leave it at that then shall we. The big boys will appraise the quarter like adults while you carry on with the internet equivalent of running around with your fingers in your ears going "na na na na na"

Falkirk fans aren't obsessed with QOTS, so who we both play in what period is irrelevant to us Bairns.

Okay, lets just leave it at that then shall we. The big boys will appraise the quarter like adults while you carry on with the internet equivalent of running around with your fingers in your ears going "na na na na na"

The quarter isn't complete, therefore it can't be appraised. Duh!!!!

I can only judge on Friday night. You are considerably poorer than last season. ( no surprise considering the player you lost). On the other hand I have seen all our games except Morton in the league. Friday was the worst we have played and I think overall we are no worse than last season and probably have a bit more depth to the squad.

I do believe based on current knowledge we should finish ahead of you, and probably comfortably.