The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Maybe a spicy opinion but I haven't seen anything from him that remotely matches the hype. He had a good first half in the first meeting then was figured out and just bossed by Bene in the second half and the first game at Grangemouth. Had another decent half a couple weeks ago but Otoo really struggled in that game which helped him. The fact Oliver has been preferred to him for large parts of the season doesn't fill me with confidence.

So in the twice you’ve seen him he’s ragdolled the best CB in the league, and in the other game he’s scored and one of the best wingbacks in the league has had a poor game. Some of the guff that gets posted on this thread Ffs 

24 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

So in the twice you’ve seen him he’s ragdolled the best CB in the league, and in the other game he’s scored and one of the best wingbacks in the league has had a poor game. Some of the guff that gets posted on this thread Ffs 

Burrell also played not too badly in the second half at EEP in the first game. I remember him getting to the bye line and rolling the ball across the goal mouth which Hetherington (I think) just failed to connect with. From memory that was quite late on and would have won the game for us.

10 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Wow, ok.

Firstly, I've seen him live four times. I reference three of those games in my post so I don't know where two comes from. Also, based on what I've seen from highlights. Not sure what else you're expecting my opinions to be based on. 

Secondly, I said Bene (in my opinion) bossed him after he sussed him out in the first half of the first meeting. You've just said the opposite as proof of me speaking guff. You're entitled to that opinion but I disagree.

And Otoo is a young centre back who was brought in as back up but was playing due to Breen's injury. He is not even a wingback, never mind one of the best in the league. And he's not even one of the best players at Dunfermline in his actual position. He did score in that game but don't think he did too much else other than be flagged offside a few times.

You're right, there is some guff that gets posted here.

50 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Also, I struggle to understand how the FSS can be independent when they have two seats on a the board with 5 members. How does that work? 

FSS does not always do what the Board might like.  The two Directors cannot legally be told how to vote but they are kept aware of the FSS Committee's views. There has been the occasional disagreement on some very small things between the board and FSS - but nothing worth making public, they have always been resolved in face to face meetings. And that's how it should be.  The FSS Committee I believe think that the current Board are doing a good job of running the club.

If there was a serious disagreement then I am certain that the FSS Executive would report back to their membership about it. We are very serious about being transparent where ever possible (obviously some information has to be confidential for good reasons). 

6 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

FSS does not always do what the Board might like.  The two Directors cannot legally be told how to vote but they are kept aware of the FSS Committee's views. There has been the occasional disagreement on some very small things between the board and FSS - but nothing worth making public, they have always been resolved in face to face meetings. And that's how it should be.  The FSS Committee I believe think that the current Board are doing a good job of running the club.

If there was a serious disagreement then I am certain that the FSS Executive would report back to their membership about it. We are very serious about being transparent where ever possible (obviously some information has to be confidential for good reasons). 

What examples can you share that the FSS has done something the club doesn’t like? Is the committee’s role not, to support their Board reps, partner the club to keep supporters at the front of the clubs minds and not make big decisions without consulting with the membership? 

As a member I don’t think I really know the thoughts of the committee or the longer term plan of action for the FSS other than buying shares. (Granted I have not been to any AGM or meetings) Maybe a vision statement (in some detail) would help recruitment ? 

Longer term what is the plan for the FSS once all the allocated shares have been purchased? Will the money raised each month be ring fenced for certain initiatives or will it simply just be handed over to the club as a donation similar to the foundation of Hearts? Would quite like the members to be canvased on this, perhaps the FSS could be used as a vehicle to fund the academy as it continues to grow or maybe funds could be ring fenced to supplement the playing budget like an upscaled version of Bairn for Life. Agree it would be a good idea to have that discussion with the members and try to outline a longer term blue print for the society, a clear long term plan might help attract some new sign ups as well. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

18 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Longer term what is the plan for the FSS once all the allocated shares have been purchased? Will the money raised each month be ring fenced for certain initiatives or will it simply just be handed over to the club as a donation similar to the foundation of Hearts? Would quite like the members to be canvased on this, perhaps the FSS could be used as a vehicle to fund the academy as it continues to grow or maybe funds could be ring fenced to supplement the playing budget like an upscaled version of Bairn for Life. Agree it would be a good idea to have that discussion with the members and try to outline a longer term blue print for the society, a clear long term plan might help attract some new sign ups as well. 

Not convinced we are reaching all the footfall with subscriptions. Absolutely no slight on the great efforts so far but feel we need to maximise the marketing outside the club. 

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

NOW WE ARE 400,000! WE ARE THE THIRD HIGHEST SHAREHOLDERS.

With the latest payment to the club from Falkirk Supporters Society we are now the third highest shareholders at the club with 400,000 shares out of just over 4 million in total

That means we hold nearly 10% of the total shares.

FSS is independent of the club so we can use those shares to have a say on your behalf. We keep our costs down as low as we can so that the vast majority of money raised from your subscriptions goes to help protect our club from unwanted predators, to have a direct say in what goes on via our two Fans’ Directors and to help pay for the club’s running costs including the player budget.

We want to thank all 670 of you for continuing to support FSS and we hope to have more exciting news soon about our activities on all our behalf.

Noticed a poster in the bog on Saturday explaining the FSS but asking in big letters that folk join FFS. Not sure if it was a mistake or if they were just trying to drive the point home?! :lol:

Guest Brockvillenomore
2 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Thanks. Do you have any feedback about the shareholders / target questions? 

🆕 Episode 40 OUT NOW👇🏼

******WIN******

To win a signed @fitbatweets Kai Kennedy T-shirt, courtesy of @FalkirkfcSS, simply listen to the podcast for what you need to do & then email us at…

comp@falkirkdaft.co.uk 

Competition closes at 23:59 on Friday 21st April. Good luck 🏆💙

913FEA86-142D-4950-975E-F59B9FF432C9.thumb.jpeg.8d7e839cafb9e31bd9a47ef66f89b94b.jpeg6305B761-678E-449D-A297-240E61D1DD52.thumb.jpeg.f0b6eb18230f9b1614f5ebd39b8705ac.jpeg

AND….

Bucket Hats are still on sale, MASSIVE thanks to everyone who has purchased so far - OVER 100 of you 👏🏻

🗓️ Last day to order for delivery BEFORE the Semi Final is noon on Wed 26th April. 

🔗 https://www.citrusofficesolutions.co.uk/product/list/?search_string=Falkirk&fs=1

£19.99 inc 📦🚚 & profits go back into @FalkirkFC3AB1A03C-C1A6-432C-A8D8-EB6270F4418B.thumb.jpeg.cafcac8d441beef67597fbfb568c3ec4.jpeg

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Noticed a poster in the bog on Saturday explaining the FSS but asking in big letters that folk join FFS. Not sure if it was a mistake or if they were just trying to drive the point home?! :lol:

I made those posters. It was a deliberate play on the acronym FFS which a lot of people have used mistakenly when describing the FSS. There are 4 posters which I plastered as many places as possible prior to the Ayr game. 

I would hope between that, the social media, the t-shirts, newsletter and everything that’s been running the past year and a half then all fans should be aware of the importance of the FSS. I’m no longer in the committee but may join back up in the future, if they’ll have me back, when I’m less busy in my own life. The guys on there are certainly open to help so really it’s more use getting in touch to offer a hand than say they should do this or that(not directed at you by the way).

Just feels there is a lot of scrutiny of the FSS on here at times when very few have been in touch to offer a hand.

For anyone who can pay extra then email to up your subs. Don’t wait for someone to contact.

For anyone that has friends abroad who would join up then ask.

It should be a collective effort and ultimately it will add to the club coffers the more shares that the FSS buy. 

07AC5604-840D-4685-9758-DFD9D3D71FCC.jpeg

D5D7A975-79CC-4B69-8921-060063B9530B.jpeg

Edited by Van_damage

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

I made those posters. It was a deliberate play on the acronym FFS which a lot of people have used mistakenly when describing the FSS. There are 4 posters which I plastered as many places as possible prior to the Ayr game. 

I would hope between that, the social media, the t-shirts, newsletter and everything that’s been running the past year and a half then all fans should be aware of the importance of the FSS. I’m no longer in the committee but may join back up in the future, if they’ll have me back, when I’m less busy in my own life. The guys on there are certainly open to help so really it’s more use getting in touch to offer a hand than say they should do this or that(not directed at you by the way).

Just feels there is a lot of scrutiny of the FSS on here at times when very few have been in touch to offer a hand.

For anyone who can pay extra then email to up your subs. Don’t wait for someone to contact.

It should be a collective effort and ultimately it will add to the club coffers the more shares that the FSS buy. 

I'm already a member so didn't actually read the content but it certainly got my attention!

Guest Brockvillenomore
8 hours ago, Van_damage said:

These are great. Little bits of history that capture where we are that in years to come will be collectors items.
Building membership numbers will need a wide variety of different ideas and approaches, like this, to spark interest, engage with and win more hearts and minds.
I’m a FSS member but can’t commit to giving my spare time as I already have enough on my plate with work and family. I imagine most of us are in that space, so the challenge is how do the FSS grow and thrive? 
The idea made on other posts of consulting the members on a formal vision and mission isn’t a bad idea to be honest. I hear the AGM was poorly attended and a bit hit and miss on the night, so different forms of engagement to help shape the organisation could help growth. 

30 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

These are great. Little bits of history that capture where we are that in years to come will be collectors items.
Building membership numbers will need a wide variety of different ideas and approaches, like this, to spark interest, engage with and win more hearts and minds.
I’m a FSS member but can’t commit to giving my spare time as I already have enough on my plate with work and family. I imagine most of us are in that space, so the challenge is how do the FSS grow and thrive? 
The idea made on other posts of consulting the members on a formal vision and mission isn’t a bad idea to be honest. I hear the AGM was poorly attended and a bit hit and miss on the night, so different forms of engagement to help shape the organisation could help growth. 

Do you mind me asking if you have you emailed the FSS to ask about this or offer ideas? 

Definitely been a drop off in the quantity and probably even the quality of FSS output since the changes in the committee. I'd just put it down to the new committee finding their feet and (I think) they are now running with less hands on deck.

Once I've got my degree out the way in the next few weeks I'll reach out and see where I can help.

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

Do you mind me asking if you have you emailed the FSS to ask about this or offer ideas? 

Don’t mind at all. 
I set out my thoughts to one of the FSS Directors a few weeks ago. 

38 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Definitely been a drop off in the quantity and probably even the quality of FSS output since the changes in the committee. I'd just put it down to the new committee finding their feet and (I think) they are now running with less hands on deck.

Once I've got my degree out the way in the next few weeks I'll reach out and see where I can help.

Are you sure? We missed one Falkirk Daft prize because of a hand over of responsibilities didn't take place quick enough (our bad but it is back in place  now) but else we have published several newsletters and produced the fund raising Semi t-shirts (buy here  https://falkirk-supporters-society.teemill.com/  if interested) which we have also given out several signed shirts to a number of Falkirk supporter groups as prizes and added around another 20,000£ worth of shares. And hopefully a project we've been working on for several months will be announced soon too. 

And help is always needed - do volunteer - we lost a couple of very active people who resigned from the committee this time, we have the power to co-opt others especially if they come with skills we need.

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee

6 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Are you sure? We missed one Falkirk Daft prize because of a hand over of responsibilities didn't take place quick enough (our bad but it is back in place  now) but else we have published several newsletters and produced the fund raising Semi t-shirts (buy here  https://falkirk-supporters-society.teemill.com/  if interested) which we have also given out several signed shirts to a number of Falkirk supporter groups as prizes and added around another 20,000£ worth of shares. And hopefully a project we've been working on for several months will be announced soon too. 

And help is always needed - do volunteer - we lost a couple of very active people who resigned from the committee this time, we have the power to co-opt others especially if they come with skills we need.

I think the FSS do a grand job with the communication and other things they do for the club. I’m a member but due to other commitments at the moment, I don’t have the time to help in any other way. I take my hat off to the volunteers who give up their time to work on behalf of the members and the club.

Edited by Harry Kinnear