The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I’m no seeing folk trying to blame Lang for that goal on Saturday. Surely not.

I'll be bold and blame him.

He had the run on the attacker, lost his runner and let the ball go over him meaning McKay had to cover Lang's mistake and McKay then compounded it by getting the header wrong. 

I'll go further back and blame one of the midfield for not winning the 2nd ball which led to the hoof forward by Cove.

McKay was just the last man in a calamity of errors.

Sorry but Mckays head met the ball and at that point, the mistake that cost the goal was made. Defenders covering eachother is par for the course if you somehow want to drag Lang into it. Where he headered it to was absolutely unforgivable. There was no reasonable mitigation for him putting the ball there. 

As posted McGlynn won’t hesitate to play McKay. Call him what you like (and I’ve certainly laid it heavy) but with the defence threadbare, he’s going to get a gig. The guys confidence will be shot after last week, so the last thing he needs, is for us to turn against him second game in. I would play the young guy who’s had great reports, but JMcG will play safe card unless McKay loses us games. He’s still a fud but we need to support him as we don’t have a lot of alternatives. This doesn’t make it right, but right now is not the time to go against the guy.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Sorry but Mckays head met the ball and at that point, the mistake that cost the goal was made. Defenders covering eachother is par for the course if you somehow want to drag Lang into it. Where he headered it to was absolutely unforgivable. There was no reasonable mitigation for him putting the ball there. 

Agree about defenders covering for one another but do you not think McCann could likewise have helped by getting back goal side of Burrell until the threat is dealt with? Had the aimless punt ended up 10 yards the other side Burrell would’ve been clean through. You can’t legislate for McKays mistake but even without him Lang doesn’t deal with the long ball and McCann is not there to cover the danger on our left side. 

14 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Agree about defenders covering for one another but do you not think McCann could likewise have helped by getting back goal side of Burrell until the threat is dealt with? Had the aimless punt ended up 10 yards the other side Burrell would’ve been clean through. You can’t legislate for McKays mistake but even without him Lang doesn’t deal with the long ball and McCann is not there to cover the danger on our left side. 

Mckay literally set up the goal by placing a header in a completely inexplicable area. Analysing anything else is a bit secondary tbh. Looking at what might have happened if x or y, subsequent to said f**k up doesn't alleviate it in any way for me. And I'm not going to be booing Brad Mckay or offering him out or any of that shit, but it's his f**k up. 

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Mckay literally set up the goal by placing a header in a completely inexplicable area. Analysing anything else is a bit secondary tbh. Looking at what might have happened if x or y, subsequent to said f**k up doesn't alleviate it in any way for me. And I'm not going to be booing Brad Mckay or offering him out or any of that shit, but it's his f**k up. 

Know what you’re saying but defending is always about being switched on to any potential danger. Burrell was switched on enough to get in to an area where it seemed he would have little opportunity. Ageyman bolts about 20 yards to try affect the defender in front of him should the ball go near him for the second phase and McCann jogs about 10 yards allowing Burrell all that space to run on to for a potential long ball or on his own should Lang and McKay not deal with the ball coming their side. 

One massive error by McKay but I would think he’s not the only one who gets bollocked at when analysing the goal. 

Edited by Van_damage

1:10 in these highlights. McKay isn’t playing and we get done with another easy ball over the top. Thankfully Sam Long is alert to it and is miles off his line to cover. These simple long balls really shouldn’t be posing as much a threat to us as they seem to do. 

Edited by Van_damage

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

He had the run on the attacker, lost his runner and let the ball go over him meaning McKay had to cover Lang's mistake and McKay then compounded it by getting the header wrong. 

I'll go further back and blame one of the midfield for not winning the 2nd ball which led to the hoof forward by Cove.

I respect your incorrect opinion.

13 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Miller missed a chance before their attack lets blame him too

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

So what im getting from this is that we should be doing better and practicing how not to let mackay get the ball? Because it's others fault for him getting the ball in the first place and that we should expect him to make a mistake? 

Many a true word said in jest.....

14 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

So what im getting from this is that we should be doing better and practicing how not to let mackay get the ball? Because it's others fault for him getting the ball in the first place and that we should expect him to make a mistake? 

Should always be in a position to cover your fellow defenders, particularly if one is on poor form and prone to make a mistake.

McKay covered for Lang. Long covered for Lang in the Arran game. It’s just what team mates should do. McCann just letting Burrell roam free, isn’t helping anyone and as much as McKay is to blame, he shouldn’t just shoulder all of the criticism for the problems with our defence. 

10 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

He's in an aerial challenge FFS - It's not like he's passed it along his box straight to an opposition player to score 🙄

I'm not a fan of McKay by any means but not seeing the same energy for Yeats playing tennis - confirmed on the SPFL highlights - to concede the penalty.

Players make mistakes.

Just now, Blame Me said:

He's in an aerial challenge FFS - It's not like he's passed it along his box straight to an opposition player to score 🙄

I'm not a fan of McKay by any means but not seeing the same energy for Yeats playing tennis - confirmed on the SPFL highlights - to concede the penalty.

Players make mistakes.

Some A LOT more than others

On a slightly different topic, couldn’t help but laugh at this statement in todays tabloids. Oh……the riches of the SPL…..

Livingston CEO John Ward warns that the club cannot sustain the losses it has made in the last two years and says an "ongoing court dispute with shareholders and one ex-director" is driving potential investors away

Just watched it back again and its horrific which ever way you spin it but having not really noticed it previously McCann makes no effort to get back and cover Burrell.  This is the point the long ball is thrown up. McCann is level with Burrell (although Burrell is ahead of him in the turn)

image.png.55a85063b1af6d985385f9c224262d7a.png

This is where Burrell collects the ball, McCann was ball watching and didn't even know Burrell was there until he had the ball:

image.png.daf9b990f951fe4e23fca6a48f8c2db9.png

Terrible lack of awareness from both McKay and McCann tbh.

Can't really see what more Lang could have done, he didn't and likely couldn't get near the ball throughout the play.

2 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

Just watched it back again and its horrific which ever way you spin it but having not really noticed it previously McCann makes no effort to get back and cover Burrell.  This is the point the long ball is thrown up. McCann is level with Burrell (although Burrell is ahead of him in the turn)

image.png.55a85063b1af6d985385f9c224262d7a.png

This is where Burrell collects the ball, McCann was ball watching and didn't even know Burrell was there until he had the ball:

image.png.daf9b990f951fe4e23fca6a48f8c2db9.png

Terrible lack of awareness from both McKay and McCann tbh.

Can't really see what more Lang could have done, he didn't and likely couldn't get near the ball throughout the play.

It’s not the first time McCann has been caught out like this, needs to work on this side of his overall play. 

34 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Players make mistakes.

Simmer down

Players do make mistakes, my point still stands, that we seem to be diluting the blame, but at what point do you take it back to? For me it's cut and dry. He makes a glaring error, he probably knows he has and I doubt he blames anyone else for it either, but we move on. Far too much airtime given to this now in my opinion.