The Falkirk FC Thread

If we don't win the league this season I can pretty much guarantee it won't be due to us not scoring enough goals (out with the obvious caveat that brings), it will be due to us not being able to keep enough clean sheets.

Can we drop the 1 up top complaints for the love of all that is f**k, it can work fine.

Oliver won't be starting tonight, think it will be the same lineup as Cove however McGlynn might fancy starting Nesbitt which will mean Morrison back on the left and Agyeman back on the right.

Personally I would go same as Cove and leave Agyeman in the 10 behind McIver for the physicality.

22 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Agree with this.

McGlynn can spot a player, I don't think anyone would disagree with that because the squad is much stronger now than it was when he arrived. It's what he's doing with them that concerns me a bit. For example, due to injury and suspension, he was forced to put out a 4-4-2 against Annan (or so I thought) because that was the sensible thing to do with the players he had available. However, instead of having left winger Miller on the left wing and playing Agyeman through the middle with McIver, he insisted on the one up front again with Miller playing behind. This was against Annan, at home, not Celtic away FFS! I can see him being just as cautious tonight as SA would appear to be better than Annan are but I just hope he doesn't feel the need to bring Nesbitt or Oliver in from the start. Same personnel John please but just go 4-4-2 and go for it!

I think it would be daft to sack him just now, win tonight or not, as we haven't got the cash to do it and, frankly, it would be madness at this early stage anyway. Only option I can think of re replacing him if things don't work out would be to put him on gardening leave and let Smith run things.

I was at both the Annan game and Cove. 

3 up front both games and looked really effective against Cove when Miller was left, Morrison right and Alfie in behind McIver.  

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

Had a quick glance back at the forum after the first game of season 2019/20. There were shouts to remove McKinnon after the first match and not one person was told they’re talking nonsense. Different circumstances but is funny to see how things change. Definitely seems to be a polarising on this forum as to what opinions anyone is allowed to have. 

As it is, I think if we were going to get rid of McGlynn then it would need to have been during the Summer. He’s had a budget though and brought in his own players so unless it suddenly seems he’s getting nothing out of the team then it would seem more sensible to keep him in place for at least the first quarter. Doesn’t seem we can afford to bring in anyone else either so need to give him a chance to do what he can with the new players he’s brought in. 

McKinnons football was absolutely turgid. He also had a squad and budget which should've won the league at a canter. 

2 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

McKinnons football was absolutely turgid. He also had a squad and budget which should've won the league at a canter. 

Did say it was different circumstances but noone has been talking about the style of football being anything to do with it being a nonsense for there being any shouts of sacking McGlynn but simply the fact that we are 2 games in.  

7 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

If we win tonight is the chat going to be McGlynn must win on Saturday or he's away?

Think that chat was tongue in cheek to be honest. Didn’t appear anyone was being serious anyway.

Regardless so long as we are trailing I don’t think it will change the importance of getting a result in every game. Expect shouts of each game being a must win, till we have any breathing space at the top. 

Edited by Van_damage

10 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Think that chat was tongue in cheek to be honest. Didn’t appear anyone was being serious anyway.

Regardless so long as we are trailing I don’t think it will change the importance of getting a result in every game. Expect shouts of each game being a must win, till we have any breathing space at the top. 

I think that the game could be very similar to the Annan game. That's not me saying Stirling are on par with Annan because that's definitely not the case.

I mean if we go in at half time the boo boys will be out in force. Really think we need a quick goal to settle everyone's nerves. I'm hoping that this season if we score early we can capitalise on it. Too many times last year we went up early and then just played pedestrian football. 

50 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Agree with this. I think he’s brought in decent players. Spencer looks a touch of class on the ball. Would only question the need for him when we have McGinn and no right back or combative midfielder but certainly a very good player. 

Ageyman is the kind of player I love, just like Morrison who I feel gets unnecessary stick when he’s practically the same type of player. 

Miller looks a good addition but again would question his need when we re-signed Nesbitt. 

McIver I also like. Missed a player who can get the kind of scrappy goals he gets. Always seems to be in the right place at the right time and gives defenders a real handful in the air. 

Lang looks solid but he’s not the leader I hoped he would be. If he was alongside a McCracken or Den Bieman type then think he’d be excellent. Not sure his positional sense is what it should be and looks like he has the potential for a sudden loss in concentration. That said, I do think our defence under McGlynn has been exposed by the midfield and full backs getting caught too far up the park and not tracking runners. Badly need someone in midfield who gets stuck in and can read the game well so we don’t leave ourselves vulnerable to a counter attack. 

We want the midfield & fullbacks up the pitch whenever possible - once we start worrying about counterattacks from league 1 part timers then we’d be better off playing to avoid relegation. This league is full of shit that we should be able to blow away. So let’s have all out attack , goals and goalmouth action I’d rather play 3 up front than persist with 1.

8 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

We want the midfield & fullbacks up the pitch whenever possible - once we start worrying about counterattacks from league 1 part timers then we’d be better off playing to avoid relegation. This league is full of shit that we should be able to blow away. So let’s have all out attack , goals and goalmouth action I’d rather play 3 up front than persist with 1.

Agree but I don’t think we will win any leagues leaving the back door wide open. The part time teams are capable of setting up to be hard to beat and bet on converting a couple of lucky chances to get something from the game. 

18 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I think that the game could be very similar to the Annan game. That's not me saying Stirling are on par with Annan because that's definitely not the case.

I mean if we go in at half time the boo boys will be out in force. Really think we need a quick goal to settle everyone's nerves. I'm hoping that this season if we score early we can capitalise on it. Too many times last year we went up early and then just played pedestrian football. 

Yeh I’ve never seen the purpose in booing. May be critical on here but always try to get behind the team other than when players not trying a leg. They’re only human at the end of the day and if they make a mistake then vilifying them for it won’t do them any good. 

3 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Had a quick glance back at the forum after the first game of season 2019/20. There were shouts to remove McKinnon after the first match and not one person was told they’re talking nonsense. Different circumstances but is funny to see how things change. Definitely seems to be a polarising on this forum as to what opinions anyone is allowed to have. 

You’re allowed to have whatever opinion you want, just as others are allowed to disagree with you. 

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Depends on what Hamilton, QotS, Kelty and Stirling do ahead of our match really.

Exactly. All about doing what needs to be done. If Hamilton hadn’t won 3/3 then be less of an issue but can’t afford to fall behind. Get a decent lead and losing a match becomes much less of an issue. 

58 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

You’re allowed to have whatever opinion you want, just as others are allowed to disagree with you. 

100% but big difference between disagreeing and trying to castigate someone because their opinion differs from yours.  

Edited by Van_damage

4 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Exactly. All about doing what needs to be done. If Hamilton hadn’t won 3/3 then be less of an issue but can’t afford to fall behind. Get a decent lead and losing a match becomes much less of an issue. 

The issue I have with isolated losses here and there that don't look too bad is that I think everyone including McGlynn say and acknowledge that thus is the season we need to win it, and he's in his second season of a 2 year plan, so there isn't really too many excuses for these losses nor a claim that its OK cos squad building or gelling or whatever. 

We are clear in our goal. Its to be champions. Whoever becomes champions won't lose many home games. They in fact, might not lose any. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

All of that said, I hope the energy in TFS is different from on here cos you c***s have got my stomach churning 

That’s just my normal for going to see Falkirk, been a long time since I’ve gone to a game thinking, this is defo a Falkirk win, always nerves involved.