The get fit, stay fit thread

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

What about changing the time of day? Eg if you've been doing it in the morning try just before your dinner in the evening when your stomach is staring to growl. 

Yeah i am used to doing it in the morning as that is my preference but maybe changing it up would help. Its just when the youngest goes for her nap is the only tine of day that isnt fucking bedlam here

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah i am used to doing it in the morning as that is my preference but maybe changing it up would help. Its just when the youngest goes for her nap is the only tine of day that isnt fucking bedlam here

There's plenty of good advice you'll find on other threads about this. If you hang around some public bogs you'll soon find a friendly chap willing to look after the nippers for a bit to give you that free time you need.  

40 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I did 5.8 there the now. My plan was to do 8k but when I got to the junction where its either go home or add on the 2.2k I blocked out and went home.

Pretty much the way I built up my distances years back was by adding an extra detour every time. Sometimes only adding on a couple of hundred meters, sometimes a couple of km. Always knew where I was relative to the house and would decide each time if I was OK for the extra.

Problem there came when I was doing an organised race. Found it much more difficult to pace myself and judge the distances!

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

I was actually going to ask if you were a boxer or some kind of fighter.

Maybe 4/5 years back when I was running 50k a week regularly I was around 74kg. Missus used to complain then that I was too skinny. 6/7kg heavier now and definitely look healthier for it. Went up to about 86kg when I had to stop running and looked like a fat c**t, but been hitting the weights for the last 18 months and look a lot slimmer than I did at that point, though I have only lost 3 or 4kg in the process.

I started Muay Thai in my early twenties after too many altercations with neds in Glasgow (long hair and a beard makes for hassle). I find it very difficult to put on muscle mass, shite body type.

42 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think I’ve cut a bit of weight over the weekend by having s nasty stomach bug. Going to bottle up some of my spit and sell it as a miracle weight loss programme - Chris’ Shit and Puke Yourself Thin.

Nothing better than the old norovirus for a weight cut.

Nothing worse than the old norovirus for feeling human.

10 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I love eating, it’s waking up feeling rubbish after eating shite the night before.

A clean bulk may happen over the next few months though.

I'd love to bulk but I just don't like not having abs, My mate is on 6 big meals a day and has gained like 6 kilos in 4 months.

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

I'd love to bulk but I just don't like not having abs, My mate is on 6 big meals a day and has gained like 6 kilos in 4 months.

I've got a bit of a belly already, which is putting me off bulking, at 6'7 I'm about 106kg, I usually eat a lot of calories anyway but bulking would probably make me ill :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I've got a bit of a belly already, which is putting me off bulking, at 6'7 I'm about 106kg, I usually eat a lot of calories anyway but bulking would probably make me ill :lol:

6'7! you may as well bulk and become the ultimate powerhouse 🤣

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I need to stop eating rubbish, How do folk manage this?

Also probably need to look at my diet.

Every time you want to eat some chips or sweets or whatever, do a line of crystal meth instead.  The weight will fall off.

I've been doing variations of the deadlift, squat, press and bench for the lsat couple of years.  Am thinking I should maybe change things up a little as might be good to try something different.  Dunno if I should add in more cardio - I generally try and get in one or two tabata sessions a week on the bike, considering adding in some more steady state stuff.  Am also thinking about adding in some dumbell work.  Anyone got any good programmes for this stuff?

On 06/08/2019 at 15:41, Busta Nut said:

I need to stop eating rubbish, How do folk manage this?

Also probably need to look at my diet.

High fat/low carb diet. Every meal's tasty but I'm not that keen on carbs anyway so easy for me to do.