The get fit, stay fit thread

Tried those exercises for a week now, feeling a difference already.

For the first weekend in ages didn't have one piece of junk food, kept going into the kitchen during the break in a film but just drank some water.

I guess it will get easier over time when your body gets used to not eating shite.

I'm at the point where My diet isnt 100% but whenever I eat shite like a Chinese, McDonald's etc, I feel like shit and need to do some sort of exercise to counter it.

Suppose it's progress though.

Progress towards what? Orthorexia nervosa?

I'm at the point where My diet isnt 100% but whenever I eat shite like a Chinese, McDonald's etc, I feel like shit and need to do some sort of exercise to counter it.

Suppose it's progress though.

Progress towards what? Orthorexia nervosa?

Well I'm still eating them so, no.

Well I was eating them. I now still am eating them. That's not progress to me.

My tone earlier didn't really do me any favours. What I was trying to communicate was that if you feel that you have to do corrective training to compensate for eating 'bad' food then that's a bit problematic. Bringing up orthorexia was a bit over the top, but it is indicative of a slightly disordered relationship with food. There's nothing wrong with eating foods you enjoy from time to time within the context of a healthy diet.

Basically the way you're doing it now is actually right, so you don't need to feel guilty or do extra training to compensate. That's what I should've said in the first place rather than trying to be smart.

My tone earlier didn't really do me any favours. What I was trying to communicate was that if you feel that you have to do corrective training to compensate for eating 'bad' food then that's a bit problematic. Bringing up orthorexia was a bit over the top, but it is indicative of a slightly disordered relationship with food. There's nothing wrong with eating foods you enjoy from time to time within the context of a healthy diet.

Basically the way you're doing it now is actually right, so you don't need to feel guilty or do extra training to compensate. That's what I should've said in the first place rather than trying to be smart.

I know more than a few people who get guilty when they have a takeaway etc and absolutely pound the gym to atone for their sins. S'mental.

It's mental, just try boiled rice instead of fried or get noodles or something.

See the same people struggling with the gym all the time on facebook

monday

hit the gym - that was sore

tuesday

hit the gym - in agony

weds

cant go to gym back too sore

thurs

had great takeaway

friday

drank 100 shots tonight waaheey

sat

sore head not drinking again ever - going to hit the gym hard next week

monday........

:whistle

Have completely dingyied all excercise for about 2.5 weeks (was in tenerife for a week) going to break myself in with a 3 mile run tomorrow then hill and stair sprints sat morning then just go mental starting Monday. Wish me luck folks....

Sure this has already been covered, but wanting to learn more about nutrition. Anyone recommend any books or articles that are accessible to the nutritional idiot?

There's loads of good information on the internet, so wouldn't necessarily bother with buying anything. http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition would be a good place to start.

Was looking for some advice chaps.

I go to the gym say 3-4 times a week. Enjoy using most of the different lifting machines, leg machines etc but I hate all running machines. Just find treadmill, exercise bike and cross trainer all really boring and can only ever do them for 5-10 minutes at a time.

I can never really make classes cause I work till 6, and by the time I arrived the first one's usually started, and I'm always starving and want to get home, so can't be arsed waiting for a later class.

Is there a more interesting way to get your cardio in at the gym, if you don't like running machines and don't have time for classes?

I always stretch at the gym before I start but my legs are quite stiff recently so not sure if that's related to lack of cardio or what..

I go to the gym say 3-4 times a week. Enjoy using most of the different lifting machines, leg machines etc but I hate all running machines. Just find treadmill, exercise bike and cross trainer all really boring and can only ever do them for 5-10 minutes at a time.

I can never really make classes cause I work till 6, and by the time I arrived the first one's usually started, and I'm always starving and want to get home, so can't be arsed waiting for a later class.

Is there a more interesting way to get your cardio in at the gym, if you don't like running machines and don't have time for classes?

I always stretch at the gym before I start but my legs are quite stiff recently so not sure if that's related to lack of cardio or what..

I dont particularly like running machines. However i only ever use them for HIIT and it makes it relatively interesting as you are always changing speed, plus you are not spending a ridiculous amount of time on the machie.

Failing that, it is coming into spring/summer so could be worth hitting the pavements

Why don't you do the cycling or rowing machines or something.

Everyone seems to equate cardio with running. I fucking hate running too, so I don't do much of it, it really is deathly dull.