The get fit, stay fit thread

I've been doing PT with Lee Mair for a few weeks now. 3lbs off, muscle mass up, 5% body fat off, visceral fat down. Not bad considering I've attended a wedding a funeral and a 5 nil pumping that required several drinks.

Has he kept pushing Herbalife on you?

Finally took the plunge and downloaded MFP.

Thing is I'm 6'3" and over 100 kilos which according to ideal weight charts has me morbidly obese, yet I don't feel too fat, just that I have a bit of a beer belly.

I reckon if I lost a stone or two I'd be grand but these charts think I should lose nearly half my body weight.

Thing is I'm 6'3" and over 100 kilos which according to ideal weight charts has me morbidly obese, yet I don't feel too fat, just that I have a bit of a beer belly.

I reckon if I lost a stone or two I'd be grand but these charts think I should lose nearly half my body weight.

BMI is pretty naff when it comes to relatively tall people.

Using a combination of two fast 25 minute walks per day and religious use of myfitnesspal I've lost just under a stone in just over two weeks. Only been eating 1500 cals a day to blast the weight down a bit, going to up it to a slightly more healthy level this week.

Edited by madwullie

Remember to add exercise and adjust what you do every day to offset the calories.

e.g. Eat 2000 calories but cycle off 300.

I'm finding 2000-2500 calories is best for me, hard to get good quality protein from food so using whey protein in moderation.

Most people must eat 3000 calories plus without any exercise, no wonder we are all getting fat.

Start training with Tam M he'll teach you how to defy the laws of nature.

Remember to add exercise and adjust what you do every day to offset the calories.

e.g. Eat 2000 calories but cycle off 300.

I'm finding 2000-2500 calories is best for me, hard to get good quality protein from food so using whey protein in moderation.

Most people must eat 3000 calories plus without any exercise, no wonder we are all getting fat.

It's a struggle for me to eat 2500 calories a day :lol:

I think 2400-2800 is a good amount for me, considering I've put on just over a stone in 4 months doing that

Im barely eating anything just now, occasionally have the odd day where I eat shite but my standard work day diet at the moment (purely through laziness and being tight with cash trying to save) is a banana for breakfast, some mixed nuts from lidl and a 250 gram packet of cherry tomatoes, then for tea it's always either uncle bens 2 minute rice and chicken, or steamed vegetables and chicken, occasionally have a small bowl of cornflakes or fruit late on at night if I'm peckish, most boring diet in the world, can never be arsed putting in the time to make something that I'll have finished in 5 minutes :lol:

I exercise before tea, and after I've exercised I barely have an appetite

Just weighed myself for the 1st time in forever, 6 foot 1 and 12 stone 4

It's a struggle for me to eat 2500 calories a day :lol:

I think 2400-2800 is a good amount for me, considering I've put on just over a stone in 4 months doing that

Yeah I'm trying to gain mass and aiming for 3000 calories a day. It's really tough tbh, no idea how some fat b*****ds can pack it away so easily!

There's a fair few morons on my facebook peddling Herbalife now. A couple of them have clearly made good progress, but then that's no surprise given they've stuck to a disciplined diet and exercise routine for several weeks. Quite why you'd want to credit your own progress to some overpriced magic products is bewildering.

Did some of the pacer on the bike today. 6.03 miles on 23 minutes, was 0.12 miles in front of the pacer for the last bit, I'm a bit sore but it's worth it. Going to gradually build the times up over the next few weeks.

I'm terrible at calorie counting. Hopefully will continue to lose a couple of pounds from running everyday and eating mostly unprocessed, whole foods.

I've started bodyweight exercises outside, dumbbell work in my room is boring as hell. Working towards 10 muscle-ups by the end of the year and hopefully crack out 1 or 2 handstand push-ups.

Thinking about doing some classes at the gym - Metafit and Insanity look like they'd be most worthwhile. Anyone got any experience with these? Joined the gym recently but I've got absolutely no clue what I'm doing :lol:.

Grab a couple of your mates, get them to go with you. Pick up a couple of weights and lift them for about 2 minutes, while your mates stand and watch you. Make a lot of noise so everyone in the gym knows you're there. Standard issue clothing must be worn - a t-shirt with "gym shark" on it, a pair of jogging bottoms and canvas shoes.

It's worth noting that the amount of calories you burn every day just by being alive changes daily. Keeping between 1700-1900 for an intake wont make you lose weight in an exact gradual decline. There will be a few plateaus and even weight gains along the way.

Yes but just be careful about fat intake if you go mad with the pb

Whole earth organic peanut butter is the best option for something sweet.

Mash up 2 bananas and add 2 teaspoons of peanut butter and freeze it, makes a quality iced pudding.

But as you say better just having it a few times a week at the most.