Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Right at the end though it looked like james mcavoy aged by about 30 years,not sure what the time difference is meant to be

In First Class (when he's in the chair and makes the quip about going bald)?

I don't think there was any time difference(maybe a short time to heal up after the battles), the scene went from that to Moira McTaggart debriefing the government about her memory being wiped afterwards so I would expect the time between the battle and debrief to be relatively short.

In First Class (when he's in the chair and makes the quip about going bald)?

I don't think there was any time difference(maybe a short time to heal up after the battles), the scene went from that to Moira McTaggart debriefing the government about her memory being wiped afterwards so I would expect the time between the battle and debrief to be relatively short.

No the time difference between the end of first class and the end of wolverine? How long is that meant to be?

No the time difference between the end of first class and the end of wolverine? How long is that meant to be?

Couldn't remember what scene you were talking about so had to look it up and watch it. Yeah it's a continuity error. First Class takes place in the sixties, 62, I think I saw while the "modern day" parts of Wolverine are in the 80s.

I have now watched xmen wolverine and have to say I enjoyed that as well, not quite as much as first class but still good.

Right at the end though it looked like james mcavoy aged by about 30 years,not sure what the time difference is meant to be

At the end of Wolverine? That's Patrick Stewart who plays Xavier in the original 3 films

So what should we (me and the missus) watch next, Thor or Incredible Hulk?

I think The Incredible Hulk takes place before Iron Man 2 so I don't think it matters. I prefer Thor as a film.

So both!

At the end of Wolverine? That's Patrick Stewart who plays Xavier in the original 3 films

Yeah, his point was that the Xavier in First Class is in a wheelchair but 20 years later in the Wolverine film he's walking again. They're both supposed to be set in the same universe.

I think The Incredible Hulk takes place before Iron Man 2 so I don't think it matters. I prefer Thor as a film.

So both!

think it will be Thor as the ending of Iron Man 2 showed them finding Thor's hammer

might try and do both in a night as the weather is fucking abysmal, cant even take the dog out for a walk for longer than 5 mins nevermind do something outside the house

Well watched the new Spiderman last night and was good (not great) few points and gripes on the film

Probably easier to break it down into points for good and bad

Good - Gwen Stacy involved as the main and first love interest much like the comics

- PP still being at high school while being Spiderman

- Designs own web shooters 8)

- Good length of film at 2 1/2 hours so plenty of time to flesh it out

- Action sequences well shot

- Captain Stacy dying while knowing PP is Spiderman

Not so good points

- Transformation again, a room full of spiders and one bites him but this hasnt happened to any of the other people that walked into that room?

-In this story he doesnt find his uncle's killer but instead goes out every night looking for him but for a guy looking for revenge seems very cheery...

- Ben doesnt quote the classic line

- Gets his webbing from Oscorp.... Even if this is just a one off why does a high school kid need this?

- Litte quipage

- Keep your mask on!! Honestly half of New York knows who you are now

- Telling Gwen he is Spiderman ruins the death scene later, in the comics when Capt Stacy dies he gets blamed for the death by Gwen

Edited by P.C

Yeah, his point was that the Xavier in First Class is in a wheelchair but 20 years later in the Wolverine film he's walking again. They're both supposed to be set in the same universe.

Yeah the timelines for the xmen films really did my head in as well

Saw it, loved it. Not quite Avengers-tier but much better than the other 3 Spider-man films.

Not so good points

- Transformation again, a room full of spiders and one bites him but this hasnt happened to any of the other people that walked into that room?

-In this story he doesnt find his uncle's killer but instead goes out every night looking for him but for a guy looking for revenge seems very cheery...

- Ben doesnt quote the classic line

- Gets his webbing from Oscorp.... Even if this is just a one off why does a high school kid need this?

- Litte quipage

- Keep your mask on!! Honestly half of New York knows who you are now

- Telling Gwen he is Spiderman ruins the death scene later, in the comics when Capt Stacy dies he gets blamed for the death by Gwen

I'll just go through the bad ones since your good ones are all valid.

- I would presume that no one else went into the room while the spiders were spinning their webs, if anyone went in there at all.

- I found that weird as well, although the reference to the ill-fated wrestling career was made, I loved that part of his story.

- Yeah, he needed to say that line.

- Not sure what you mean, he obviously knew it'd come in handy. He was swinging in the junkyard(?) place on the chains and then when he pulled the webbing from his bite. He obviously used it to make more so he could use it to swing on.

- I thought there was a tonne of quipage

- Yeah, although the police didn't see him so it's only the kid and Gwen now that the Captain died

Saw it, loved it. Not quite Avengers-tier but much better than the other 3 Spider-man films.

I'll just go through the bad ones since your good ones are all valid.

- I would presume that no one else went into the room while the spiders were spinning their webs, if anyone went in there at all.

- I found that weird as well, although the reference to the ill-fated wrestling career was made, I loved that part of his story.

- Yeah, he needed to say that line.

- Not sure what you mean, he obviously knew it'd come in handy. He was swinging in the junkyard(?) place on the chains and then when he pulled the webbing from his bite. He obviously used it to make more so he could use it to swing on.

- I thought there was a tonne of quipage

- Yeah, although the police didn't see him so it's only the kid and Gwen now that the Captain died

-Yeah agree the wrestling nod was a good one, guestures to it without going back over old ground

-With the webbing i meant more that it would be easy to work out where its come from if someone analysed it and he would need to go back for a supply...

-Not as much quippage as i had hoped for

-Yeah just think the story would of worked out better if , the kid had died (making him feel guilty and pushing the responsibility onto him) and that Gwen didnt know so it increased the tension especially at the end when he was told to stay away from her where its the classic him doing the right thing but not being happy himself so you have the constant line of him almost at war with himself

There is just the one thing I want to comment on here:

-Yeah just think the story would of worked out better if , the kid had died (making him feel guilty and pushing the responsibility onto him) and that Gwen didnt know so it increased the tension especially at the end when he was told to stay away from her where its the classic him doing the right thing but not being happy himself so you have the constant line of him almost at war with himself

I really liked the fact that she knew. That whole "falls in love with the heroine who is none the wiser, and then at the end there is tension that he can't explain, followed by him staying away" has been done a million times in every superhero film. I liked the fact that Gwen knew, I liked the fact that she was an active part of his work, and I thought it gave us something a bit different rather than the same old same old.

-With the webbing i meant more that it would be easy to work out where its come from if someone analysed it and he would need to go back for a supply...

-Not as much quippage as i had hoped for

Ah right, yeah they never really explained that. I know in the comics he makes it himself and it dissolves within a couple of hours.

I think that's quite a hard thing to translate onto the screen. I think it's easier with say, Iron Man, because most of his were with the other Avengers but Spider-man doesn't really have any teammates to jest with.

Edited by forehead7

Ah right, yeah they never really explained that. I know in the comics he makes it himself and it dissolves within a couple of hours.

I think that's quite a hard thing to translate onto the screen. I think it's easier with say, Iron Man, because most of his were with the other Avengers but Spider-man doesn't really have any teammates to jest with.

Exactly tho if its his on hybrid version of it then its all good, still cant fault them for doing the shooters tho maybe a bit more time spent showing the development of them rather than the big montage

Yeah i like it as its almost like the split personality where being Spiderman is an escape for PP where he can be the confident person he wants to be behind the mask and be himself. As much as he becomes spiderman for Ben he loves the thrill of it as well, to start anyway

Ok touched on slightly in other thread but hope someone can set me straight.

Who owns what...and what are chances of a film containing them all/misture etc??

Avengers

Superman

Spiderman

Batman

X-Men

Daredevil

Hellboy

Fantastic Four

Bananaman :ph34r:

Avengers is Marvel Studios, who (Marvel) are owned by Disney now.

Superman and Batman are still DC (who are owned by Warner Brothers)

Spider-man is currenly owned by Sony.

X-Men is currently FOX.

Daredevil is/was FOX, the film came out in 2003 though so I'm not sure what the time period between films needs to be to retain the rights.

Hellboy is Sony owned.

Fantastic Four is FOX but similarly to DD, I'm not sure when it expires.

I have no fucking idea on Bananaman, sorry.

You'll likely see Batman and Superman in a film soon (along with Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and Aquaman, at least).

X-Men, Daredevil, Fantastic Four and Spider-man could join in in an Avengers film, but not until the rights go back to Marvel/Disney.

Hellboy is from a separate universe from all of those(it's published by Dark Horse who're an independent company anyway) and I presume Bananaman is as well so unlikely to see them in any other films.

Most of the other comic book films are back at Marvel, I think, like Punisher and Blade. Kick Ass is Marvel owned but only because Marvel bought the printer(Image I think) so he's not in the Marvel Universe. V for vandetta and Watchmen are the same kind of deal with DC, they're owned by DC but not part of the universe.