Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Anyone have any objections to making this a generic Comic thread? I ask because I read about " Before Watchmen" the other day

http://en.wikipedia....Before_Watchmen

And really don't know what to make of it - sacrilege or about time? :unsure:

Nah, I think we delved into comics a while back.

I heard about it a while ago and have seen the covers(I've liked the writer on facebook and he posted them). I'm not sure. Assuming it's still J. Michael Straczynski then I'll give it a read because I've read a lot of his Thor stuff and it's pretty good(he was actually involved in the film on some level).

On the face of it, it looks like DC trying to make more money off of the franchise but if it turns out to be a good story then I'm all for it, obviously Alan Moore won't have anything to do with it which is a shame.

I'd have loved a book about the Minutemen (the group with the Comedian and original Silk Spectre and Nite Owl), those guys looked cool as f**k.

I have no fucking idea on Bananaman, sorry.

Hellboy is from a separate universe from all of those(it's published by Dark Horse who're an independent company anyway) and I presume Bananaman is as well so unlikely to see them in any other films.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love you haven't a clue about Bananaman. You call yourself a superhero fan?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love you haven't a clue about Bananaman. You call yourself a superhero fan?

laugh.gif I think my only exposure to Bananaman is when I've seen people dress up as him. When I was in my mates' halls foyer bit, someone delivered a pizza dressed as him once laugh.gif

By the way the full series 1 of bananaman is available on dvd at your local poundland for....you guessed it £1 - bargain, check it out

£1 you say?:D

I thought Spider-man was a very good film. I thought it was going to be a lot of shite, but I was proven well wrong. Definitely one of the better comic book movies. For me only Watchmen and Nolan's Batman beat it.

The guy in the prison at the end - Norman Osborne?

Edited by dane-don

I thought Spider-man was a very good film. I thought it was going to be a lot of shite, but I was proven well wrong. Definitely one of the better comic book movies. For me only Watchmen and Nolan's Batman beat it.

The guy in the prison at the end - Norman Osborne?

I think so. It certainly makes sense and him being in the shadows fits with seeing him earlier (in the lobby of Oscorp) as he was obscured there as well. They obviously haven't cast him so can't/don't want to reveal yet.

My friend said he saw "man in the shadows" in the credits laugh.gif

Have a guess :rolleyes:

He's one of the core Avengers characters, unlike certain other characters that marvel have inserted into the films in an attempt to sell tickets (I'm looking at you Black Widow)

Dredd got shown in full at the San Diego Comic Con and was very well received, apparently.

I also just realised that Dredd or more importantly Karl Urban is Eomer in Lord of the Rings. Mind was fucking blown.

Yeah that was his big film break wasnt it? Does a good Bones in Star Trek as well