Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Yeah that was his big film break wasnt it? Does a good Bones in Star Trek as well

Possibly, I didn't actually realised it was him who was Dredd. And then I saw the name when I was reading the article and thought the face and then checked the IMDb page and saw the Eomer credit.

I know him from Bourne Supremacy and Red.

7th of September cannot come soon enough.

Yep, the early reviews of Dredd have got me even more excited about this.

I just hope it earns a bit at the box office and gives the studio enough confidence to make another with a bigger budget. I'd love to see The Cursed Earth Saga or a Block Mania/Apocalypse War movie.

A Judge Death storyline may be pushing it a bit far :(

I'll go into more detail in the ratings thread, but Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man was fairly special.

He was stunning. Loved the movie. Back to wise cracking spidey and mechanical webshooters. It was fucking awesome.

Well I'll be, its Deadliest Catch the Movie -

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6jKWJZsjm5U

and hang on here is the Crowe instead of Costner voiceover -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-toIu5JscE

Not exactly buttock clenching excitement builders

Edited by drs

So what did people make of the Man of Steel teaser?

It felt kind of weird seeing him as some bearded fisherman in the early parts of the film and the running about as kid with a cape. Although obivously the bit of him flying supersonic was certainly the bit to catch our attention. It looked a little bit ambiguious to me and that we could see a very different side to the man himself. Obviously Goyer and Nolan are having a big input in the story which already has some of us fanboys licking our lips at the prospect of the story we could have in store for us. Also that this is a potential starting template to a Justice League franchise. If it to be as much darker than the Avengers outlook, could we be expecting a full on darker edge of the soul being displayed in the rest of the Justice league characters and in their own films respectively. It's obviously early days, but what does everyone else expect to come from this reboot?

So what did people make of the Man of Steel teaser?

It felt kind of weird seeing him as some bearded fisherman in the early parts of the film and the running about as kid with a cape. Although obivously the bit of him flying supersonic was certainly the bit to catch our attention. It looked a little bit ambiguious to me and that we could see a very different side to the man himself. Obviously Goyer and Nolan are having a big input in the story which already has some of us fanboys licking our lips at the prospect of the story we could have in store for us. Also that this is a potential starting template to a Justice League franchise. If it to be as much darker than the Avengers outlook, could we be expecting a full on darker edge of the soul being displayed in the rest of the Justice league characters and in their own films respectively. It's obviously early days, but what does everyone else expect to come from this reboot?

I think as a teaser it worked well - the kid wandering about with the cape was really nice imagery, i daresay it summed up Superman for a lot of people. It'd be very easy to presume it'll have a real "Batman Begins" vibe but i would quite enjoy a movie like that, given it seems in many ways liek a set up film

I think as a teaser it worked well - the kid wandering about with the cape was really nice imagery, i daresay it summed up Superman for a lot of people. It'd be very easy to presume it'll have a real "Batman Begins" vibe but i would quite enjoy a movie like that, given it seems in many ways liek a set up film

It certainly gives that impression of a Batman Begins vibe. Probably go through his younger years about his struggle to be normal, Jonathan Kent dying etc. It certainly had a very light idealistc feel to it with that 'you can be anything' comment. FWIW, I quite like that has it gives most superheroes a bit more of 3 dimensional personality when it's done the right way. I'm hoping they'll look a little bit more into his alter-ego of Clark Kent and how he percieves his adopted planet. It's kinda hard to compare a struggle between him and Batman because Bruce Wayne became Batman. With Superman for me, it's the other way around and I feel it will take some top-notch writing in order for us to the same standard that we saw from Batman begins.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just discovered a brilliantly named comic series called 'Cowboy Ninja Viking' its about a hero who has the combined skills of a cowboy, a ninja and a Viking. I believe he goes fighting other 'triplet' characters such as a guy who is Pirate/Apache Indian/Scottish Highlander I think. It looks mental.

Its also getting made into a film by the Zombie land guys.

Has anyone heard or read these?

cowboy-ninja-viking-2.jpg

Edited by gordon the gopher

Also never heard of these guardian of the galaxy guys but they look badass when I was reading about their film adaptation

I've never been in them. There's a fucking raccoon in there. I picked up the title when one of the big crossover events happened and was pretty disappointed and have never bothered checking it out further.

Joe Carnahan to direct Daredevil reboot?

Because of the rights thing (if Fox don't use the rights to Daredevil by October then the rights to it revert back to Marvel), there's discussions between Fox and Marvel/Disney to extend that timeframe to allow them more time in exchange for the rights to Fantastic Four going back to Marvel.

Joe Carnahan to direct Daredevil reboot?

Because of the rights thing (if Fox don't use the rights to Daredevil by October then the rights to it revert back to Marvel), there's discussions between Fox and Marvel/Disney to extend that timeframe to allow them more time in exchange for the rights to Fantastic Four going back to Marvel.

Extension might just be for Silver Surfer and Galactus.

Extension might just be for Silver Surfer and Galactus.

That's probably why Marvel want the FF rights(also for The Watcher) but I'd be surprised if Fox kept any of the rights after Marvel took those characters. Apart from Doom and Silver Surfer/Galactus, you have very little else to work with villain-wise who aren't very unknown.