Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

I see theres a rumour Michael Morbius will be making an appearance in Amazing Spiderman along side Jamie Foxx as Electro

I'd love to see them do Morbius in a spiderman film. The Morbius story arcs in the animated Spiderman cartoon from the early 90s were some of my favourite episodes as a kid.

I'd love to see them do Morbius in a spiderman film. The Morbius story arcs in the animated Spiderman cartoon from the early 90s were some of my favourite episodes as a kid.

Yeah im hoping they do it similar to the comics were its someone at his school (assuming they keep in high school which i hope they do) and create him as a rival/friend to make a connection. Asim Ahmad rumoured to be cast which would probably blow that idea out the water

The 90s series was the bomb, watched Spectular Spiderman, Unlimited, the CGI one i have on DVD but original still kicks booty

Morbius would be great, if it's true then it's fantastic to hear that they're picking villains like Lizard, Electro and Morbius both in the fact that they're not reusing ones from the first three films and that they're trying to pick some of the lesser guys. Morbius was another one I'd forgotten when I listed a whole bunch of them a few pages back!

I'd be interesting to see how they do him, I always felt he was a bit goofy in the animated show and I can't recall reading any of his arcs in Amazing Spider-man (the comic title). Was it him who was obsessed with Felicia Hardy? Could introduce Black Cat in that case.

Yup that be him. Tho to introduce black cat you then need to cover the super soldier formula and this is where the film could get bogged down trying to crowbar in too many characters. If it is def these 2 then stick with that just now be curious how they write a story round both

I've never really warmed to Morbius but I remember him being mooted as the lead villian for "Spiderman 4" before Sony went the reboot route, apparently as a way of cashing in on the vampire phenomenom we have on pop cultuire these days.

The 94 Cartoon was brilliant, That and the Batman show from the same time just nailed everything.

Edited by banterman86

I've never really warmed to Morbius but I remember him being mooted as the lead villian for "Spiderman 4" before Sony went the reboot route, apparently as a way of cashing in on the vampire phenomenom we have on pop cultuire these days.

The 94 Cartoon was brilliant, That and the Batman show from the same time just nailed everything.

I remember when there was load of rumours bouncing about like Sam Rockwell being Cassidy/Carnage, which i think would be a great choice. Also the guy that played Sawyer in lost getting touted as Gambit in Xmen3, but we got Arch Angel (all 5mins of him) instead

Electro confirmed for The Amazing Spider-man 2 to be played by Jamie Foxx.

Jamie-Foxx-Electro-in-Amazing-Spider-Man-2.jpg

Interesting casting, I'm sure it'll upset a lot of comic book fans that they're not adhering directly to the source material but as long as it's not out of place (Idris Elba in Thor) then it doesn't bother me.

Would be a much better choice IMO

post-35247-19238_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61264

Beaks here...
Nolan. Snyder. Goyer. Bale. Cavill. And players to be named later.

Latino Review has done their due dilligence on their latest scoop: Warner Bros. is handing the DC Universe reins over to Christopher Nolan, Zack Snyder and David Goyer. The tentative plan is for Snyder to direct JUSTICE LEAGUE from a story devised by Nolan and Goyer. Snyder's deal isn't in place, but considering how ecstatic everyone at WB is about MAN OF STEEL (I've been told it's the movie of Summer 2013), the studio will make that deal.

Here's El Mayimbe's well-deserved victory lap laying out the key developments:

(video)

One thing from Mayimbe's video that can't be stressed enough: franchises are at a premium in Hollywood, and Disney has the top two at the moment (STAR WARS and the Marvel Universe). DC is an asset that has been bafflingly mismaged by the usually shrewd WB, and after the latest failed development of JUSTICE LEAGUE (with GANGSTER SQUAD screenwriter Will Beall), the studio has turned to Nolan. And when you get Nolan, you get Christian Bale as Batman. That's worth $1 billion at the worldwide box office. Minimum.

Henry Cavill's Clark Kent/Superman will obviously be a part of this JUSTICE LEAGUE. Beyond that, who knows? The smart money is on the characters WB has devleloped in the past: Wonder Woman, The Flash and Green Lantern. As for a villain? Man-Bat, obviously. Seriously, Darkseid was the focus of the previous script, but given Thanos's presumed involvement in THE AVENGERS 2, wouldn't that feel a bit copycat? That's definitely not Nolan's style.

In the past, when big stories like this have leaked prematurely, the studios have issued firmed denials. Lately, they've changed their approach. Now, silence seems to be the preferred response. However WB attacks this, I feel confident in backinig up El Mayimbe's story. This is what's going on with the DC Universe right now. One plus for the studio: I doubt fans are going to get up in arms over this. Conceptually, this is a home run. I just hope this doesn't f**k up Nolan's INTERSTELLAR. He's the only filmmaker around who can give us a big-budget science-fiction film based on the work of Kip Thorne.

Some questionable stuff in there, Nolan being on doesn't mean Bale will return (especially the way Bruce Wayne finishes his Batman reign).

Ugh. While the studio politics is semi-interesting, I was looking forward to Nolan opening a new chapter in his career, chiefly the rumoured sci-fi film Interstellar (a Spielberg script but Nolan was rewriting it).

The Nolan version of Batman is completely unsuited to co-exist with Superman etc. The Avengers and the Marvel film series have worked for the most part because they went into it fully intending to combine the technological or science based heroes like Iron Man with the more fantastic heroes like Thor.

Expecting the grittier and more "realistic" version of Batman built up in Nolan's films to work opposite Wonderwoman or Flash is stupid imo and it's typical studio short sightedness trying desperately to reuse somethings that's popular rather than start afresh. I can't see Cristian Bale coming back though so I think they'll end up not using that version of Batman anyway.

That version of Batman is too dark to involve in justice league if they want it workable. The issue they have is they need at least 1 more character origin film done probably Flash or Wonder Woman so they arent having to cover it during the film

Did see more posts on twitter earlier from difference sources about Bale and Nolan so who knows

To be fair, the Nolanverse" was pretty fantastic by the end, so it's not too insane to think of his Batman in a JLA film, especially if Man of Steel is as grounded as it looks.

I agree with previous sentiments though, WB have this backwards, and should be doing origin films first.

To be fair, the Nolanverse" was pretty fantastic by the end, so it's not too insane to think of his Batman in a JLA film, especially if Man of Steel is as grounded as it looks.

I agree with previous sentiments though, WB have this backwards, and should be doing origin films first.

What universe are you from? DC or Marvel?

The issue they have is they need at least 1 more character origin film done probably Flash or Wonder Woman so they arent having to cover it during the film

There's a Flash film set for 2014 as well as a second Green Lantern film so I'd expect both of those to come out before the JLA film.

What universe are you from? DC or Marvel?

I probably prefer the DC charcaters but think marvel have had the better story arcs

There's a Flash film set for 2014 as well as a second Green Lantern film so I'd expect both of those to come out before the JLA film.

Any Flash rumours?

Any Flash rumours?

I haven't heard any. The only reason I heard of it was because I saw the IMDb page, I have no idea how I encountered it.

The only stuff that's there is the director and writers (9 writers credits in total!). Greg Berlanti is directing and has a writers credit. Not a great deal of experience in the 6 people on the screenplay, a lot of Green Lantern credits, a lot of Wrath/Clash of the Titans and a few other DC projects (animated films, Arrow etc).

The other two credits are for characters.