Halle Berry - Ororo Munroe / Storm

Patrick Stewart - Professor Charles Xavier

Daniel Cudmore - Piotr Rasputin / Colossus

Booboo Stewart - James Proudstar / Warpath

Shawn Ashmore - Bobby Drake / Iceman

Bingbing Fan - Clarice Ferguson / Blink

Omar Sy - Bishop (rumored)

Adan Canto - Sunspot

Thats a great cast so far, Even bringing the lesser characters like Iceman/Colossus back with the original actors. Hell they have even been able to pull Anna Paquin off True Blood long enough to join the cast, judging by The Last Stand it seemed her character arc was finished. Hopefully this will be the film that really brings X-Men back, the last few films have been great in my opinion, but it seems all the other Marvel franchises have been more sucessful. The 3 Iron Man films have made $500 Million more than the 5 X-Men films, the Avengers only made around $300 Million less than all 5 of them. But this has always been my favorite Marvel franchise since i was a kid, id love to see eventual crossovers with the other Marvel franchises, i mean who wouldnt love to see like Wolverine/Spiderman or X-Men/Fantastic 4.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

Confirmed cast from IMDB as of today

Jennifer Lawrence - Raven / Mystique

Peter Dinklage

Nicholas Hoult - Hank McCoy / Beast

Michael Fassbender - Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto

Hugh Jackman - Logan / Wolverine

Ellen Page - Kitty Pryde / Shadowcat

James McAvoy - Charles Xavier

Ian McKellen - Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto - older

Evan Peters - Pietro Maximoff / Quicksilver

Anna Paquin - Marie / Rogue

Adan Canto - Sunspot

Thats a great cast so far, Even bringing the lesser characters like Iceman/Colossus back with the original actors. Hell they have even been able to pull Anna Paquin off True Blood long enough to join the cast, judging by The Last Stand it seemed her character arc was finished. Hopefully this will be the film that really brings X-Men back, the last few films have been great in my opinion, but it seems all the other Marvel franchises have been more sucessful. The 3 Iron Man films have made $500 Million more than the 5 X-Men films, the Avengers only made around $300 Million less than all 5 of them. But this has always been my favorite Marvel franchise since i was a kid, id love to see eventual crossovers with the other Marvel franchises, i mean who wouldnt love to see like Wolverine/Spiderman or X-Men/Fantastic 4.

Im glad they are introducing more characters tho gutted they made such an arse of Gambit in Origins so cant rehash him and there is no Nightcrawler :-( Glad Beast is back tho shame they dont have "older" Beast as much as Last Stand was brutual I thought Beast was done well

Cross overs will always be a bit of a difficult one to judge, obviously Avengers was kinda a cross over and worked well but its a hard task incorporating everything into one universe

Im glad they are introducing more characters tho gutted they made such an arse of Gambit in Origins so cant rehash him and there is no Nightcrawler :-( Glad Beast is back tho shame they dont have "older" Beast as much as Last Stand was brutual I thought Beast was done well

Cross overs will always be a bit of a difficult one to judge, obviously Avengers was kinda a cross over and worked well but its a hard task incorporating everything into one universe

Agreed, i had thought for years Grammer was the only choice for older beast, and Stewart was the only choice for older xavier. Even think Hugh Jack man is perfect for Wolverine. Casting in the series has mostly been excellent.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Confirmed cast from IMDB as of today

Jennifer Lawrence - Raven / Mystique

Peter Dinklage           

Nicholas Hoult - Hank McCoy / Beast

Michael Fassbender - Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto

Hugh Jackman - Logan / Wolverine

Ellen Page - Kitty Pryde / Shadowcat

James McAvoy - Charles Xavier

Ian McKellen - Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto - older

Evan Peters - Pietro Maximoff / Quicksilver

Anna Paquin - Marie / Rogue

Adan Canto - Sunspot

I would fucking love a crossover, thats like a dream of mine and it would be brilliant but unfortunately I can't see it happening to soon:/! The problem with different companies owning different franchises is that their so stubborn that they wouldn't want too do 'business' with rival companies!

Well then, if this is true, we might as well all kill ourselves right now?

Why? I'd love to see someone else get the role. Wolverine doesn't need to be a big muscleman like Jackman is, in the comics I'm fairly sure he's like 5"5 or something like that. Certainly not the 6"2 that Jackman is.

He can be a small scrapper type who's just ferocious.

edit: I should say, I like Jackman in the role. The above probably comes across as quite negative, I'm just saying that you could recast and it still be great. You'd have to take it in a different direction.

I'd like to see a lot grittier Wolverine. I can't see them ever making a Wolverine film that's a 15 or an 18, sadly. Similar with Batman. They're both too mainstream and the studios realise they can make them 12A and get all those ticket sales.

Edited by forehead7

Why? I'd love to see someone else get the role. Wolverine doesn't need to be a big muscleman like Jackman is, in the comics I'm fairly sure he's like 5"5 or something like that. Certainly not the 6"2 that Jackman is.

edit: I should say, I like Jackman in the role. The above probably comes across as quite negative, I'm just saying that you could recast and it still be great. You'd have to take it in a different direction.

I'd like to see a lot grittier Wolverine. I can't see them ever making a Wolverine film that's a 15 or an 18, sadly. Similar with Batman. They're both too mainstream and the studios realise they can make them 12A and get all those ticket sales.

Hmmm... Recasting Wolverine eh!!!

Angry short person required...

Perhaps this is why Peter Dinklage has been cast, I mean how badass a Wolverine would he make???

The problem you have is there has been so much focus on Wolverine as a character, he has had 2 seperate spin of movies and always seems to be the main focus of the main xmen films. Im hoping when days of future passed is done the focus is shifted another character/characters.

If the role is recast agreed that it should be a grittier version of him, more the angry, secluded, tortured soul that people remember him as.

The problem you have is there has been so much focus on Wolverine as a character, he has had 2 seperate spin of movies and always seems to be the main focus of the main xmen films. Im hoping when days of future passed is done the focus is shifted another character/characters.

If the role is recast agreed that it should be a grittier version of him, more the angry, secluded, tortured soul that people remember him as.

Yeah, they should do what the Avengers are probably gonna do with Iron Man. Don't try to milk it too much, have him show up occasionally in the future but let other characters carry the burden.

Yeah, they should do what the Avengers are probably gonna do with Iron Man. Don't try to milk it too much, have him show up occasionally in the future but let other characters carry the burden.

Exactly Avengers was well balanced out with all the characters and although certain performances (Downey Jnr and Ruffollo) stood out there was no main focus on particular characters. There will be more than enough storyline for the new film without them getting distracted by Wolverine, if Trask is indeed involved the hopefully some big ass battles

I do agree in some ways, I would also love to see a darker Wolverine but I really can't see that happening, they would lose so many child fans and they wouldn't risk that:/! I understand where you're coming from though, but I think Jackman is really good in the role and I would find it weird if someone else was playing wolverine! Maybe a few years down the line! But I think you have a fair argument/opnion on your hands!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone's favourite actor Vin Diesel is set for a starring role in either Guardians of the Galaxy or Avengers 2

Any thoughts on who he could be?

Always thought, especially when the first FF movie was being cast that he would have made an excellent Thing/Ben Grimm!!!

His superb acting range would obviously bring the depth and vision that such an emotionally complex character requires in order to be portrayed convincingly!!!

Also I really think he sounds like the Thing should sound!!!

It's pretty much presumed he'll be playing Vision.

Yup he had put a pic and tweet which was less than cryptic so Vision is looking odds on

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I thought he was going the role of 'Wooden Muscular Tough Guy', the same guy he's played in all his films.

I have to admit to quite liking him in both Riddick films mind. Was disappointed that he never received the Rock Bottom or People's Elbow in the ludicrous Fast And Furious films.

I thought he was going the role of 'Wooden Muscular Tough Guy', the same guy he's played in all his films.

I have to admit to quite liking him in both Riddick films mind. Was disappointed that he never received the Rock Bottom or People's Elbow in the ludicrous Fast And Furious films.

He'd have made a brilliant Anakin Skywalker. Wooden, musclebound, tall - everything Lucas wanted.