Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

I agree, but Warner Brothers have pretty much admitted that if Man of Steel doesn't meet their expectations then they won't go ahead with a JLA movie.

Maybe it's a desperate cynical ploy by Warner Brothers? To get DC comics fans who aren't particularly keen on Superman but who do want a JLA movie to go see Man of Steel just to bump up their profits? It's Hollywood so you wouldn't put it past them.

I honestly think Warner Brothers will go ahead with a JLA movie at some point in the next couple of years regardless of how well this Superman film does. They'll be looking at Marvel Studios and the profits The Avengers brought in with seriously envious eyes. They'll be all too aware that this desire for comic book films by general audiences won't remain at the level that it is at the moment. Warner Brothers are going to want to strike while the iron is hot and there still a keen interest in superhero films amongst the mass cinema going audiences. I can't see Warner Brothers choosing not to make a JLA film unless Man of Steel is an unmitigated commercial and critical disaster. We're agreed though that is unlikely to fail on a commercial level though so I don't think we need to worry about Man of Steel being a serious risk to a future JLA film.

I think the problem with the JLA film is that there is still too much ground work to do on other character origins - wonder woman, Flash, Martian Man Hunter, Aqua Man, Hawk Girl etc

If they are serious about challenging Marvel they need to get these films out quick while the interest is there post Batman/Superman

I think the problem with the JLA film is that there is still too much ground work to do on other character origins - wonder woman, Flash, Martian Man Hunter, Aqua Man, Hawk Girl etc

If they are serious about challenging Marvel they need to get these films out quick while the interest is there post Batman/Superman

Exactly, cause they were working for what? 5 years and 4 or 5 films before the Avengers came out? going Batman-Superman-Justice League would be far too rushed

Exactly, cause they were working for what? 5 years and 4 or 5 films before the Avengers came out? going Batman-Superman-Justice League would be far too rushed

Plus Batman will need to re-done again, unless they are planning with Bale and would be pre DKR and DK

All of this while Marvel continue to own them with, Iron Man 3, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-man, Thor 2, Avengers 2 and Captain America 2.

Marvel have had a plan and story arc in place for everything for a while now. If they wanted to they even have a plan for various movies culminating in Avengers 3 in 2017. Depends on how Avengers 2 and the related films do though.

Think after the success of the Avengers it will push the sales of the other titles through as well

Plus there is still Xmen, FF4 remake, rumour of another Hulk film, Spiderman 2....

Think after the success of the Avengers it will push the sales of the other titles through as well

Plus there is still Xmen, FF4 remake, rumour of another Hulk film, Spiderman 2....

If there is another Hulk film, it won't be until after the second Avengers movie. Ruffalo came out and said a couple of months back.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

If there is another Hulk film, it won't be until after the second Avengers movie. Ruffalo came out and said a couple of months back.

Hard to keep up with it all lol

Tell me about it. @GeekYum on Twitter is usually quite good for posting updates on the Marvel films calendar, and amongst many other delightfully geeky things.

Cheers mate, only recently got twitter and yet to top seeing pictures of Patrick Stewart with Belgan Coffee on his nose and then in a kilt

Theres rumours that the human torch is going to be played by a African American actor, and Marvel geeks are being accused of Racism because they are pointing out that the Human torch is white.

Theres rumours that the human torch is going to be played by a African American actor, and Marvel geeks are being accused of Racism because they are pointing out that the Human torch is white.

It's not so much that, but more because Susan Storm would have to be african american(-ish) as well...right?

It's not so much that, but more because Susan Storm would have to be african american(-ish) as well...right?

Adopted? Seems to be the way forward if you look at the Kingpin in Daredevil, SLJ as Nick Fury and the half black/hispanic Spiderman as well. I can understand opening the door and making it racially more diverse but whats next a Chinese Dr Doom? Im not racist but same changes can work ok others are just forced for my namesake

Adopted? Seems to be the way forward if you look at the Kingpin in Daredevil, SLJ as Nick Fury and the half black/hispanic Spiderman as well. I can understand opening the door and making it racially more diverse but whats next a Chinese Dr Doom? Im not racist but same changes can work ok others are just forced for my namesake

Adopted would certainly be the only to go about it. I have no problems as it's apples and oranges in general but, I just don't know how much of a baring it has on the original F4's origins with their parents and how the more devout fans would take it. As you've said, it has worked tremendously well with Kingpin and Nick Fury

There's already a Flash movie in pre-production, presumably waiting on the go ahead for JLA movie before it starts proper work. I think they'd just go with Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Flash and Wonder Woman. No need for any of the rest.

SLJ as Nick Fury and the half black/hispanic Spiderman as well.

Nick Fury is black in the Ultimates universe comics (and he was drawn to look exactly like Jackson) so that wasn't a casting choice made with racial diversity in mind. Hell, maybe they wanted to distance themselves from the awful Hasselhoff version too.

Miles Morales is completely different from changing Human Torch to being black. He's a completely new Spider-man in the comics. It might come across as forcing the issue if you cast someone purely just to try and seem racially diverse.

Of course, it can work and Michael Clarke Duncan did a fantastic job as Kingpin and I have no doubts Jamie Foxx will be great as Electro in the upcoming Spider-man flick but it might not work with Human Torch.

:huh: ?

I agree with diversity and all that, more power to them, but some white characters wouldnt work at all if they were another ethinicity, i cant picture an Indian James Bond for example.

But regarding my OP, if they do decide to cast a African American actor as The Human Torch, if they can pull it off without making any major alterations to the character then go ahead IMO