Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

He'd have made a brilliant Anakin Skywalker. Wooden, musclebound, tall - everything Lucas wanted.

Indeed! He's probably a better actor than Hayden Christiansen. I've only ever seen Hayden Christensen in one non Star Wars film, and he was a whiny wee hoor in that too. And was awful. I'm sure he won't really care when he opens his regular, large Star Wars based cheques.

On a more serious note,

Brock Lesnar

must be getting worried since most of these roles have been cast. Another lost opportunity for the big guy.

Man of Steel sequel confirmed to have Batman involved

It's supposed to be based loosely on Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. (loosely because Superman is barely involved in it). I'm skeptical. There's a lot of Miller influence in the Dark Knight trilogy but they've taken it and dulled it down. Understandable so they can market it at a 12 rating level but not excusable.

I don't trust them to not do the same thing again.

The article I saw said something like "how can Marvel top this news?", yeah, because if you take the Avengers movie and add Thanos then it's not going to skullfuck whatever that movie produces. :rolleyes:

There's a lot of Miller influence in the Dark Knight trilogy but they've taken it and dulled it down. Understandable so they can market it at a 12 rating level but not excusable.

Is this genuinely a dig at the Dark Knight trilogy? I know you're Marvel fanboy but compare the three Dark Knight films with the Avengers franchise and there's only one winner in terms of film-making and cinema - it isn't the latter.

The key word is "influence". Maybe the Avengers franchise was more faithful to the comics but they needed to be, the Dark Knight trilogy could afford to take influences from different sources due to the nature of the films.

Is this genuinely a dig at the Dark Knight trilogy? I know you're Marvel fanboy but compare the three Dark Knight films with the Avengers franchise and there's only one winner in terms of film-making and cinema - it isn't the latter.

They're completely different types of films though.

And just because the Dark Knight trilogy were "better" films (in terms of the craft and whatnot), that means it's exempt from criticism?

Edited by forehead7

New Avengers film is called 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'

Interesting. I wonder how Ultron will figure into it with Thanos already there.

This pretty much confirms that the Ant Man film will tie in to the main set of films and isn't just a standalone film (unless it's actually been confirmed).

It's supposed to be based loosely on Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns.

The article I saw said something like "how can Marvel top this news?", yeah, because if you take the Avengers movie and add Thanos then it's not going to skullfuck whatever that movie produces. :rolleyes:

Link?

I think Batman and Superman in the same film is potentially bigger than any comic movie that has coem before. They are the 2 most iconic superheroes.

Mind you, a crossover between two franchises (in the vein of the Avengers) is a better way to do it than just having Batman appear as a supporting character in a Superman film.

I know they rumoured that any future Justice League film would be done in the Man of Steel universe so bringing Batman into that would be stage one, tho they have a long way to go before they get JLA off the ground

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see The Wolverine on Friday, it's remarkably good. Jackman is outstanding in the film and it ties in well with The Last Stand, it's definitely worth a watch.

Nothing should tie in with Last Stand, it should be cast into the wilderness with only its shame and crap plotlines as company. On a side note anyone see the new footage from the comic con with trailers for days of future past?

Nothing should tie in with Last Stand, it should be cast into the wilderness with only its shame and crap plotlines as company. On a side note anyone see the new footage from the comic con with trailers for days of future past?

One of the main themes of the film is Logan getting over Jeans death, and its handled very well.

There was aspects of the film I liked (not many) I liked the look of Beast and Kesley Grammer was perfect for the part. The problem was the focus was again on Wolverine/Logan, killing off Cyclops and Prof X so early on shifted any potential other focus from Cyclop's grief and Xaviers guilt over what happened to Jean. The film could of been been good, id of still much rather seen Gambit in it rather than Archangel as well

The Wolverine was alright, it's probably the best portrayal of him to date but it's not my version of Wolverine. Simply put, I don't think you can do Wolverine as a 12A film. Not to mention that it seemed they blew the 12A rating by using f**k and shit so it reduces the amount of violence you can show (although I'm not sure any blood or gore can really be shown in 12A's). The acting was pretty tight though, considering the two actresses in the main roles were debutants.

Didn't like the Silver Samurai in it though, it should just be a man who's ridiculously skilled at sword fighting. I felt Jean's inclusion was a bit forced and it was purely there just to tie him back to the main continuity.

Post credits scene was the tits though.