Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

• 1 month later...

Joe Carnahan to direct Daredevil reboot?

Because of the rights thing (if Fox don't use the rights to Daredevil by October then the rights to it revert back to Marvel), there's discussions between Fox and Marvel/Disney to extend that timeframe to allow them more time in exchange for the rights to Fantastic Four going back to Marvel.

Apparently this was Carnahan's pitch, which looks fantastic (even if it's not Man Without Fear)

Yeah, that looks great. It has a real grittiness to it and reminded me a bit of Taxi Driver.

I don't know why but I never pictures Kingpin with an Italian-America accent. It totally fits though.

I believe the rights revert back to Marvel on October 11th, they should totally just take that script and announce that they're making it on October 12th! laugh.gif

Yeah, that looks great. It has a real grittiness to it and reminded me a bit of Taxi Driver.

I don't know why but I never pictures Kingpin with an Italian-America accent. It totally fits though.

I believe the rights revert back to Marvel on October 11th, they should totally just take that script and announce that they're making it on October 12th! laugh.gif

Yeah, I think the 80s setting is to give it a slightly dated vibe - think Cocaine scorcese or Serpico Pacino, which sounds like a great idea.

Daredevil has the potential to be Marvel's Grim and Gritty film ala the Dark Knight. The suspension of belief required is a little greater, but at the end of the day it just needs to be a New york crime film - or even more accurately, a Hell's Kitchen crime film - featuring an unhinged free-runner in a cosume :lol:

Yeah, I think the 80s setting is to give it a slightly dated vibe - think Cocaine scorcese or Serpico Pacino, which sounds like a great idea.

Daredevil has the potential to be Marvel's Grim and Gritty film ala the Dark Knight. The suspension of belief required is a little greater, but at the end of the day it just needs to be a New york crime film - or even more accurately, a Hell's Kitchen crime film - featuring an unhinged free-runner in a cosume :lol:

Yes to all of those. I'd make it like the Dark Knight but even darker and more violent. The video said NC-17 which is like an 18, I believe so it'd be more like the Punisher than Batman.

• 1 month later...

Bryan Singer announced on Twitter that James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult will all be in X-Men: Days of Future Past. But Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart are also in the cast.

Interesting.

Sounds intreguing. I'm really looking forward to seeing this as I thought First Class was awesome. I've not managed to read the original comic Days of Future Past storyline but I thought the adaptation they did of it for the Fox X-Men Cartoon was brilliant.

Bryan Singer announced on Twitter that James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult will all be in X-Men: Days of Future Past. But Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart are also in the cast.

Interesting.

Maybe see Forge from the future.......

On a side note if any of you go Bruce Banner like when you watch Spiderman 3 there has just been a postcast by a friend who deals with films that "jump the shark"

http://www.jellycast.com/directory/index.php?page=jellycast&id=3172

Days of the Future Past is one of, if not the,great X-Men stories. The movie has so much potential.

Hope the timelines are a little better than First Class, I enjoyed the film but so many little things about the time cross overs really did my head in