Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

I still kinda wish they hadn't used Wolverine for doing the time travel tho I suppose they way they are doing it makes it slightly easier to explain with him already being in that time already

I still kinda wish they hadn't used Wolverine for doing the time travel tho I suppose they way they are doing it makes it slightly easier to explain with him already being in that time already

Well it kinda works since he's immortal, hes not going back in time to when he was a child or a lesser being, i assume it will be after he has had the adamantium bonded to his body. That trailer is amazing. Way better than this one, tho this looks awesome too

Well it kinda works since he's immortal, hes not going back in time to when he was a child or a lesser being, i assume it will be after he has had the adamantium bonded to his body. That trailer is amazing. Way better than this one, tho this looks awesome too

Yeah thats the problem tho is the timelines depending which films you use as a reference point, in the original Singer films they said it was 15 years he had been wondering about with no memory. With that in mind you would say it would need to fall in that timeline. Regardless tho the little cameo they had from him in First Class now seems like that might of been a nod towards this film now

True, but why does he look like himself rather than the person he currently resides within? It's assumed Scott is dead as he isn't found but his glasses are, it's far from being concrete, if they can bring Xavier, and Bucky(cpt America, fell to his death, in the sequel) back, then bringing back Scott would be easier to explain.

That's a fair point, I guess we'll see how they explain it.

It's implied that Bucky was injected with some sort of attempt at the super soldier serum while he was in the POW camp being held by the Nazis so he could probably survive a drop depending on the conditions.

It should be. Wolverine Origins takes place in the 50s, First Class takes place in the 60s. (though Patrick Stewart Xavier appears at the end of Origins while he looks like McAvoy in the 60s so it ain't perfect)

Yeah thats the problem tho is the timelines depending which films you use as a reference point, in the original Singer films they said it was 15 years he had been wondering about with no memory. With that in mind you would say it would need to fall in that timeline. Regardless tho the little cameo they had from him in First Class now seems like that might of been a nod towards this film now

Well Wolverine joined strykers unit in 1975, and Origins is set in 1981, so if he has been wandering without a memory for 15 years, that puts Xmen in 1996 tho the film says its set in the not so distant future which puts it really in the 2000-2005 kinda area. First class was set in 1962. Its really the gap between Origins and Xmen that ruins the timeline, its only ment to be 15 years but could realistically be as much as 25 years, we can assume this can be explained with wolverines memory loss, but at the end of Origins we see Charles without a wheelchair, nearly 20 years after he loses the use of his legs. As much as i do like Origins, its totally fucked the timeline :thumbsdown

First Class - 1962

Wolverine meets stryker - 1975

Xmen Origins: Wolverine - 1981

Eric and Charles meeting a young Jean Grey - between 1976 and 1986

Xmen - : 1996 tho possibly as far on as 2005

X2&X3 - within a year follwing Xmen

The Wolverine - "Few" years follwing X3

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

Well Wolverine joined strykers unit in 1975, and Origins is set in 1981, so if he has been wandering without a memory for 15 years, that puts Xmen in 1996 tho the film says its set in the not so distant future which puts it really in the 2000-2005 kinda area. First class was set in 1962. Its really the gap between Origins and Xmen that ruins the timeline, its only ment to be 15 years but could realistically be as much as 25 years, we can assume this can be explained with wolverines memory loss, but at the end of Origins we see Charles without a wheelchair, nearly 20 years after he loses the use of his legs. As much as i do like Origins, its totally fucked the timeline :thumbsdown

First Class - 1962

Cheers for the timeline, I would of done one but at work and not sure my bosses would appreciate me googling the history of xmen films :-)

Agreed tho I liked First Class but it further mucks up the timelines, as did Origins

At least with this one using alternative timelines and switching between past and present there is a bit more flexibility

Cheers for the timeline, I would of done one but at work and not sure my bosses would appreciate me googling the history of xmen films :-)

Agreed tho I liked First Class but it further mucks up the timelines, as did Origins

At least with this one using alternative timelines and switching between past and present there is a bit more flexibility

It says there was a "few" years between X3 and The Wolverine, this can be used to bring the timeline to modern time. To me the timeline really should be:

First Class - 1961

"Past" setting of days of futures past 1965/1970

Wolverine joins Striker - 1975

Origins - 1981 - Wolverine has the adamantium bonding, Charles finds Cyclops, Wolverine begins his wandering

Eric and Charles find Jean Grey - 1985

Some event truely puts a divide between Eric and Charles 1985 -1990

X1 - 2006

X2 - 2007

X3 - 2007

The Wolverine - 2013

"Future" setting of Days of futures past - 2013/2014

Its not perfect in anyway, but it would do

They've went about it in the right way. They've made a very good trailer out of it while still managing to maintain not giving away any of the plot* that we don't already know.

*And by that I mean in the sense from people like me that are avoiding the original story like the plague to fully enjoy the movie.

First Class - 1962

Huh, thought Origins was before First Class.

Aye, good trailer for Days of Future Past. Nice to see a few of the new heroes they're bringing in (Bishop looks weird but fucking cool). I can see this film being a disappoint but I'm so fucking hyped for it.

Cap looks decent, it won't be as good as Guardians though.

Huh, thought Origins was before First Class.

Aye, good trailer for Days of Future Past. Nice to see a few of the new heroes they're bringing in (Bishop looks weird but fucking cool). I can see this film being a disappoint but I'm so fucking hyped for it.

Cap looks decent, it won't be as good as Guardians though.

Stryker found Wolverine and Sabretooth being put to a firing squad during the vietnam war, Origins was set 6 years later

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

Stryker found Wolverine and Sabretooth being put to a firing squad during the vietnam war, Origins was set 6 years later

I like to forget that happened in origins as to how they explain how Logan choose Wolverine as a name...

I like to forget that happened in origins as to how they explain how Logan choose Wolverine as a name...

I like to forget almost everything that happened in Origins tbh. I thought it was arse. If we all agreed to collectively pretend Origins didn't happen from now on then it should help make the timeline smoother and we could have a proper version of Gambit. I would keep Liev Schreiber's Sabretooth though and bring him back as he's much better than the grunt version that was in the first X-Men film.

Aye Origins was pretty gash. Let's all get it to f**k and pretend it never happened. They can explain it away by spinning some shite about time travel and changing timelines etc. Or just ignore it completely.

Agree about Liev Schreiber mind. He was decent enough in it. Shame it was just so pish.

I like to forget almost everything that happened in Origins tbh. I thought it was arse. If we all agreed to collectively pretend Origins didn't happen from now on then it should help make the timeline smoother and we could have a proper version of Gambit. I would keep Liev Schreiber's Sabretooth though and bring him back as he's much better than the grunt version that was in the first X-Men film.

Agreed. Want to see a decent version.of Gambit too and Rogue too

Well its been a few years, during which Anna Paquin has spent it getting her tits out, shagging the undead, and occasional murder, hopefully she can evolve the character beyond screaming alot now.

Ive def missed that one, note to google later

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/x-men/27947/x-men-days-of-future-past-trailer-analysis