Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Bad career move for Mackenzie I think it's gonna suck he should have gone with the rest of the southland cast and carried on!

Southland would have needed to have been renewed for that to happen there.

Not sure what to really make of it other than, throw in some big flashy character names and hope for the best. Quite disappointed actually that this will turn into another anti-climatic procedural clusterfuck. Networks really should not be allowed around shows like this (Arrow would be an exception here, but even then I feel AoS could have been better suited to Netflix).

Southland would have been renewed away from the network it was on, it's well documented that Mckenzie joining Gotham was the thing that stopped it. Which is a shame,I can see Gotham being tomorrow people bad

No, it would not of, and not a fucking chance that happened. In fact, I would love to hear where you read this 'documentation' :lol:

It already had TNT take a chance on it when NBC cancelled it. It was arguably lucky that it got as far as it did with an average 0.5 demo graph rating by the fifth season that was bleeding TNT dry. NO show gets renewed on a regular basis for more than two attempts on that basis, and no amount of sentimental hindsight could have saved it. Yes people's choice in television there on that basis has a case for being questioned, but no network or cable would have touched with those ratings. You want to blame someone, blame the american public for not watching it.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/17/southland-movie/#more-167609 there you go smart arse. I've seen Culditz and Chulack in interviews in ion type shows etc saying that now Mackenzie is committed to Gotham its now unlikely, its also widely reported the season 6 decision was influenced by Mackenzie signing up to a pilot of a show called advocates. On a positive note the idea of a movie to wrap it up is great, id contribute to a crowd source.

No, what you said is that Southland got didn't get renewed because McKenzie went and joined Gotham.That is not the same thing, you are changing the narrative. You can not expect actors to wait about for work, McKenzie and Gotham had this announced two months ago, Southland had more than enough time to look for another network and it unfortunately didn't materialise.

I'm not going to argue semantics with you here anymore, but FWIW, I do feel that the show deserves closure and a movie would probably be ideal. Maybe a couple of years down the line the popularity might mature in the same way it has done for Veronica Mars and Arrested Development who knows.

Agent Carter also coming in September which is a Captain America spin off

Looking forward to this

Apparently its being produced by the people behind Reaper which was awesome

Be interesting to see what sort of tone it goes with

Anyone seen the wee short films Marvel are including in some of their DVDs? The one on Thor: TDW is about Trevor Slattery being interviewed by Jackson Norriss, a member of the Ten Rings posing as a TV presenter. He tells Trev that the Ten Rings are back in business and the real Mandarin is pissed about Trev ruining his reputation.

Anyone seen the wee short films Marvel are including in some of their DVDs? The one on Thor: TDW is about Trevor Slattery being interviewed by Jackson Norriss, a member of the Ten Rings posing as a TV presenter. He tells Trev that the Ten Rings are back in business and the real Mandarin is pissed about Trev ruining his reputation.

Yeah, that was probably my favourite of the one-shots they've done.

A friend of mine suggested that perhaps Trevor Slattery is actually the real Mandarin and it was all a big ruse, which would probably be the best scenario as Kingsley was spot on for the cast of Mandarin.

More DC shows coming later in the year.

The Flash (Arrow spinoff)

Constantine

iZombie - not sure if anyone has read the comic but the premise for the TV show sounds bonkers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPE2oBnzROY

Seen it this morning, actually looks pretty decent tho dunno if that accent will start to grind a little

Looking forward to the flash as well when it finally comes out, loved the original show, rewatched the pilot a couple of months ago

3hRU6px.jpg

I don't have a source but that's apparently the first shot of Affleck as Batman. Looks like The Dark Knight Returns and I think that looks very good, so they've at least done one thing right.

edit: it's from Snyder's Twitter so straightup legit.

Edited by forehead7

Just saw it pop up there on IGN. Despite the fact I don't particularly love The Dark Knight Returns or Batman's costume in it, I actually quite like the look of Affleck's costume here. Although I always prefer Batman's cowl to have longer, pointier ears on them though but hey, can't have everything.

Hopefully we'll get a good full look at the Batmobile soon too.

ETA: On a loosely related tangent, apparently the showrunner of the Gotham tv show has been quoted in an interview confirming that they are aiming to bring in the Joker at some point.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s243/gotham/news/a570437/gotham-creator-talks-joker-debut-hes-crown-jewel-of-batman-villains.html#~oEa6CxfhP9NVQN

Edited by captainkev

Channing Tatum to play Gambit it seems...

yeah i read that yesterday, its been doing teh rounds for ages but finally confirmed now. Really not sure how to feel about it. He should be better than Taylor Kitch but if they really want to do it properly we need the accent

yeah i read that yesterday, its been doing teh rounds for ages but finally confirmed now. Really not sure how to feel about it. He should be better than Taylor Kitch but if they really want to do it properly we need the accent

I cant really stand Tatum as an actor. He was decent in 21 Jump Street but nowt else. He's just not lithe enough for me for Gambit.