Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Film was phenomenal, far better than I hoped. I agree with the above, it's the best Marvel film to date.

Congratulations - you managed to translate my Grootishness word for word!

By miles the best Marvel film. It had everything really.

Just seen Guardians Of The Galaxy.

It's tremendous! I'd say it's the best of the Marvel films so far. It really advanced the overall story running through the Marvel films that is set to climax in Avengers 3.

The scope of the film is huge and for a big sci fan like me was brilliant. The different planets, people and technology were exceptionally realised.

The characters are great in it. The humour is spot on and there were a lot of laughs throughout.

For those who have seen it:

At the end the Infinity Stone is put in some vault on Xandar However Thanos knew that Ronan was going to attack the planet (seeing as he told him) so it's not like Thanos doesn't know where it is. It surely wouldn't be too much trouble for him to get it?

We never see Nebula die as far as I recall so she's still firing around up to no good surely?

It was revealed that Peter Quill's dad isn't human. Will be interesting to see who it is. An Asgaardian perhaps? We've seen Asgaardians on Earth before? Then again Yondu reveals he was hired by Quill's father to take him (Quill) to him (his father) ans Asgaardians wouldn't have had a problem using the Bifrost in 1988.

We see the GOTG visit The Collector at Knowhere, the same place we saw at the end of Thor 2. I think it's kind of exciting that they are all in the same 'sphere' so to speak.

We now know of 3 of the 5 Infinity Stones/Gems that Thanos is after. He presumably now has the Aether after The Collector was given it at the end of Thor 2. The Tesseract is on Asgaard. And the Orb is on Xandar. I imagine Ultron will be involved with the 4th somehow (maybe powered by it?) and that the 5th will be in the 2nd GOTG film (due out the same year or the year before the 3rd and last Avengers). Then again there are quite a few films before Avengers 3 (Ant Man, Dr Strange, Cap 3, Thor 3, Hulk 2) so who knows?

Oh and the end scene didn't have a big reveal. It just showed The Collector and one of his 'exhibits', Howard The Duck.

If the go with the comics, Quill's dad is the Spartax King, and a bit of a dick. They've brought in the Kree, now, so may bring in the Sh'iar, Skrulls, Badoon, Spartax, Spaceknights.

I wouldn't mind a big cosmic epic battle.

Saw GOTG today, and really enjoyed it. Everything I had heard about it was positive, so there was a slight worry, but it was pretty damn good.

The intros for each character were done well, and pretty quickly, and made the characters likeable straight away for people who didn't know much about GOTG, my good self included.

Not sure I'd go as far as saying it was my favourite Marvel film - Cap 2 still sits there - but it wasn't far off.

Will be interesting to see how they now fit into the rest of the Marvel Universe now.

A few thoughts:

The soundtrack was amazing.

There were at least 4 unnecessary but delightful shots of Zoe Saldana's bum.

Batista was surprisingly decent.

I was disappointed by the post-credits scene though. Especially when there was the disembodied voice before you saw him.

If the go with the comics, Quill's dad is the Spartax King, and a bit of a dick. They've brought in the Kree, now, so may bring in the Sh'iar, Skrulls, Badoon, Spartax, Spaceknights.

I wouldn't mind a big cosmic epic battle.

Marvel Studios don't have the rights to the Skrulls, they're part of the Fantastic Four contract that Fox owns. Similarly you won't see Galactus or Silver Surfer until the rights revert back to Marvel.

I'm not sure on the Sh'iar, they could be part of the X-Men deal, given their heavy links with them.

I'm not sure if they'll do Spartax, Nova Prime says they're an ancient race and doesn't know who they are. They would know who Spartax were if it was proper Spartax.

Marvel Studios don't have the rights to the Skrulls, they're part of the Fantastic Four contract that Fox owns. Similarly you won't see Galactus or Silver Surfer until the rights revert back to Marvel.

I'm not sure on the Sh'iar, they could be part of the X-Men deal, given their heavy links with them.

I'm not sure if they'll do Spartax, Nova Prime says they're an ancient race and doesn't know who they are. They would know who Spartax were if it was proper Spartax.

Fair enough, although while they've been a big part of both comics, but only because there are a lot of pages to fill, so writers needed to expand their horizons. For the movies, that's not such a problem. e.g. there have been hundreds of pages of Mojoverse drivel in the X-Men, but no-one would ever want to inflict it on a big screen.

I'd say that it's only in the last few years that the Galactic Marvel stuff has really taken off. The old X-Men stuff with the Sh'iar was mainly boring, and only there as context to the Phoenix storyline, so I'm unsure if it would be in the contract.

Apparently the Skrulls are a "grey area". I think Marvel can use them, but not the Super-Skrull?

Seems from this it could be done... http://www.craveonline.co.uk/film/articles/187907-the-underdog-kevin-feige-on-the-avengers

Just watched Cap 2 on DVD. At the end when Cap and Falcoln meet Fury at Fury's grave, I clocked Fury's gravestone.

Under his name it says:

"The path of the righteous man".

Ezekiel 25:17

Brilliant little touch. Had me chuckling.

• 2 weeks later...

After watching ASM2 again the point where Harry opens the filing system there is a file for Dr Morbius. Nice wee easter Egg and know there was rumblings of introducing him in some fashion

• 1 month later...

Good choice. There was rumours of Keanu Reeves playing him and that would've been disastrous. Joaquin Phoenix would've also been ace but I understand the commitment was too much for him. I'd heard similar things about talks with Cumberbatch but I guess they worked those out.

Aye, good casting. Although I'd maybe have put him as older than Cumberbatch. I suppose they could make him look older.

Good choice. There was rumours of Keanu Reeves playing him and that would've been disastrous. Joaquin Phoenix would've also been ace but I understand the commitment was too much for him. I'd heard similar things about talks with Cumberbatch but I guess they worked those out.

Aye, good casting. Although I'd maybe have put him as older than Cumberbatch. I suppose they could make him look older.

first rumour of Dr Strange was Johnny Depp, i thought he would have worked well as a Dr Strange but this isnt bad either

Marvel Entertainment are on some roll just now tbh, they could have cast a corpse and still made something good out of it