Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Am I sure what?

The spoiler I posted is how Iron Patriot fitted into the comics. It was Norman Osborn(the guy who Willem Dafoe played who wears the Green Goblin suit in Spider-man) who wore the suit in the comics. But because another film-making company owns the rights to Osborn then it's obviously not him.

I'm not too familiar with Eric Savin though. Interesting that they're bringing him in. I thought they were going down the Mandarin route with Kingsley.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone on facebook posted about it and I knew if I came in here you'd have posted it biggrin.gif

Aye, looks great.

After the hugely disappointing Prometheus, TDKR and Dredd are the movies I'm looking forward to this year.

And I can't for one second think why you would have thought I'd posted it :ph34r:

After the hugely disappointing Prometheus, TDKR and Dredd are the movies I'm looking forward to this year.

And I can't for one second think why you would have thought I'd posted it :ph34r:

Those three, Avengers and Spider-man. Good summer for comic book fans with those four(Prometheus excluded). Forgot just how busy it was, considering it's all different studios(rather than last summer with X-Men/Thor/Captain America being only two studios)

I watched the trailer for Dredd and karl Urban looks to have done a good job but the acting from Lena Headey for Ma-Ma looks a bit poor. Yes its only a trailer but from what I saw I wasnt impressed, hopefully its a lot better when I see the film in full.

Still cant wait fro Spider-man and TDKR. Spider-man moreso :ph34r:

I watched the trailer for Dredd and karl Urban looks to have done a good job but the acting from Lena Headey for Ma-Ma looks a bit poor. Yes its only a trailer but from what I saw I wasnt impressed, hopefully its a lot better when I see the film in full.

Still cant wait fro Spider-man and TDKR. Spider-man moreso :ph34r:

Really?! She's probably in the trailer for 30 seconds at the very most, out of context, and you think she looks a bit poor? Is this what film has been boiled down to? Why even bother going to watch the film these days, since so many people seem to know so much about them all from the trailers.

If you read my post you'll see it was an initial reaction. I'm allowed to have that you know. And like I said Im hoping its better when I see the whole film, in context and all. :)

Nah...

I haven't seen any X-Men films or even know what they are about really.

What order should I watch them?I was thinking of starting with x men first class?

If you are looking at it from a chronological perspective, I'd say First Class, Wolverine Origins, and then the 3 X-men films. You could argue anorak stytle that Wolverine Origins technically started before First class, but because the Wolverine timeline was done mostly after the events on First class which would make better sense for First class to be the one to start with if you want to watch chronologically.

First class is arguably the best IMO.

Wolverine will come down to how much you like his character or Hugh Jackman in general. I wasn't keen on him myself.

Out of the trilogy I'd have it as 2, 1, 3. Brian Cox was without question my favourite actor in film 2 out of the trilogy, but Fassbender was something else as Magneto

I haven't seen any X-Men films or even know what they are about really.

What order should I watch them?I was thinking of starting with x men first class?

I don't think it matters.

First Class is set in the 60s but there's little to no connection to the other films, nothing storyline anyone.

Wolverine Origins starts off in the 1800s but that's just because that's when Wolverine was actually young. The story mostly takes place in the 70s.

X-Men, X-Men 2 and X-Men Last Stand are a set and take place in present day.

Technically, I suppose you should watch them in that order but I don't think it would matter if you watched them as they were released(the three X-Men films then Wolverine then First Class) because there isn't a whole lot of storyline connections in them.

my missus had been talking to her cousin about the avengers film, her cousin was raving about it when she took her boys to see it, she didnt think it would be good but ended up really enjoying it

So the missus asked if i had seen it or any of the separate films, io had seen iron man and that was it so i downloaded purchased both iron man, thor, incredible hulk and captain america films for us

so far thats Captain America and Iron Man watched, i knew id like them a lot as they are my type of films but the missus absolutely loved them, so we have Iron Man 2, Thor and Incredible Hulk to watch before going to see The Avengers in the cinema

These past few years the Comic Book films have really stepped up a notch or 2, long may it continue