Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Seeing doc ocs manupilulator arms was a nice wee touch too, the way they left it with Harry masterminding a group to combat spiderman was brilliant, I'm already excited for the next one, i agree that rhino was totally wasted, but still welcome, if anything they shouldn't have advertised that he was in it so we got a little surprise.

The Gwen scene shocked me, I actually thought they would spare her until the next film cause a lot of people expected her to die in the one. When her neck snapped back I actually gasped, I was properly into the scene. Overall it was a brilliant sequel and I don't think it did anything wrong, only that it was a lot to fit into 2 hours, barely even a complaint tbh. As per the Web slinging scenes were superbly done

Exactly. Kinda felt a bit of a waste using Rhino but again it could be it was almost like to a teaser to say look what your getting next time in the amazing spiderman. You also get to see the Vulture wings along with the doc ock arms, im guessing spider slayers at some point too

The Gwen scene for me was always going to make or break the film, tho i was enjoying it all the way through as it got closer to the end and the sequence on the clocktower. It was very well done tho and would of shocked alot of people especially those who didnt know about it from the comics

Already had a message asking if we should go and watch it again lol

The Rhino sequence at the end really wasn't needed tho loved the way the door was opened immediately for Sinister 6 and some of the cameos (Felica Hardy, Smyth) were pretty geektastic. I really enjoyed the way the story was twisted with the Osborne disease giving the motivation to Harry

It was a nice cameo but jesus the actress for Felicia was woeful.

It was a nice cameo but jesus the actress for Felicia was woeful.

She didn't really get enough screen time to judge, same with the guy playing Smythe tho wait and see how they both develop. Read a few reviews of the film elsewhere i cant believe we were watching the same film! As much as im dissapointed JJJ wasn't in the film the email sequence was quality

She didn't really get enough screen time to judge, same with the guy playing Smythe tho wait and see how they both develop. Read a few reviews of the film elsewhere i cant believe we were watching the same film! As much as im dissapointed JJJ wasn't in the film the email sequence was quality

She got a couple of scenes and they were pretty woeful.

I thought Smythe was pretty good, BJ Novak is usually a bit too nice but he seemed like a right p***k in this.

I agree, I was hoping we'd see him. They should just recast JK Simmons, he did too good a job in the original trilogy.

She got a couple of scenes and they were pretty woeful.

I thought Smythe was pretty good, BJ Novak is usually a bit too nice but he seemed like a right p***k in this.

I agree, I was hoping we'd see him. They should just recast JK Simmons, he did too good a job in the original trilogy.

Think he has already said to Marc Webb that he would take up the role again and lets be fair JJJ and the cameos from Bruce Campbell were consistantly the best things in the last batch of Spiderman films

Will be intesting to see how they open everything out from this point, the actress playing Mary Jane was pulled from the 2nd film so she may well make an appearance in the next. Who else will be in the S6? Going by what we see should be Doc Ock, Vulture, Rhino tho still leaves a couple of spaces. Smythe being involved may now mean spider slayers

Just found this on IMDB (yup i know going a bit spidey mad just now, wait until xmen next month!)

According to the actors, the original Goblin vs Spiderman fight was longer and more violent, but had to be cut in order to keep the PG-13 rating. Things that were cut included a scene where the Goblin (Dane DeHaan) is conscious when Gwen dies and laughs at Peter as he cries over Gwen's body and a scene where Peter almost beats the Goblin to death after Gwen is killed.

I really hope theres an extended version to show that

Finally saw TWS. Loved it. Possibly my favourite of all the Marvel films so far.

I now see why everyone was talking about knock-on effects in Agents of SHIELD. I was considering giving up on that (I would have already, were it not a Marvel show) but I think I'll wait and see where they go with it first. I'm about 4 or 5 episodes behind so need to catch up.

Looks awesome

Still undecided. My worry that it turns into Bruce Wayne the wonder years/Smallville kinda show. Id rather he is a fleeting character and everyone else is expanded on

That looks fucking awful. So much potential down the shitter.

Poison Ivy? Really :lol:

Riddler too. I can understand them wanting to use Cobblepot as he builds his criminal empire and becomes the Penguin, but having a young Riddler or Poison Ivy seems like a step in the wrong direction. I can't say I'm all that impressed with the young Catwoman or the already heavy emphasis on Bruce Wayne in that trailer. If they really wanted include some younger versions of Batman villains then the likes of Black Mask or Victor Zsasz seem to me to be better fits than Riddler or Poison Ivy for the show Gotham was apparently aiming to be.

At least there is no indication in this trailer that they've tried to shoehorn a young or pre-transformation Joker into the series as yet.

Edited by captainkev

thankfully they cant really given that the timeline of the show is supposedly when wayne's parents are killed

If they really wanted to get him in there then I suspect they'll do it. They could show a young version at the same age as Bruce Wayne as they appear to be doing with Ivy and Catwoman. Or they could make him a bit older and depict taking his first steps into organised crime and his slow but steady moral decline. Having him appear at any point would be a huge mistake imo. Even if they are desperate for ratings and media attention.

We haven't seen the face of the Wayne's killer yet, maybe Gotham is going to do a Burton and make a young Joker the murderer. :P

I don't think Riddler looks too bad but Ivy and Catwoman will probably be terrible.

The trailer has a bit too much "flash" for lack of a better word, maybe that's just typical promotion nonsense though.

Given its Fox, it'll probably be shit, or good and get canned after a season. Which is a shame, as I like McKenzie and Logue.

Id like to think most of them are just cameos so you are like "look look!". It would be tragic if we see everyone start to develop their personas at the same time

it looks like it could be decent but I suspect that it'll end up being one of they programmes where the audiences love of all things batman is what will make them keep coming back instead of the actual quality of the show