Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

http://m.myvue.com/film-info.aspx?cinemaid=60&filmid=5729

Anyone having a whiril at this? Quite looking forward to this me, even if I have seen every film.

I want to get into the whole Avengers thing, to be able to go and see the new film I'll need to watch all the films listed, in that order? I have seen all the Iron Man films so that sort of helps...

You could probably get enough from the first Avengers film if you are stuck for time, most films have plot explainers in them where someone will randomly call captain America an old man or a popsicle so they can briefly explain what happened to him.

It's so they don't alienate paying cinema goers that haven't seen absolutely everything leading up to it.

I want to get into the whole Avengers thing, to be able to go and see the new film I'll need to watch all the films listed, in that order? I have seen all the Iron Man films so that sort of helps...

Yeah that would be your best bet. A case could be made for the Ed Norton Hulk in between Iron man 1 and 2, due to an interlinked Easter egg with the films, but it is pretty pointless one looking back now.

http://m.myvue.com/film-info.aspx?cinemaid=60&filmid=5729

Anyone having a whiril at this? Quite looking forward to this me, even if I have seen every film.

I'd love to do that but doubt I could sit for that long. Would maybe have to take breaks and miss out whole films.

I'd love to do that but doubt I could sit for that long. Would maybe have to take breaks and miss out whole films.

Isn't that what the Thor movies and Iron Man 2 are for? ;) Edited by accies1874

:lol: I'll get fired into that list then. With regards to that Batman vs Superman trailer though, I've never seen a Superman film in my puff! :o

You've not missed much tbh

I don't think it's in any way necessary to do so as all it is is an 'origin' story and establishes that humanity know about Superman. And smashes absolutely loads of shit up. There is no reference to any other heroes of the DC Universe or even an acknowledgment there are any others (except an obscure truck). It seems that there was no plan originally for it to lead in to a Justice League film.

It has it's moments but definitely drags on and gets really silly.

You've not missed much tbh

Lies.

Superman and Superman II (Richard Donner cut) are good films. Everything else isn't particularly good. Man Of Steel's only redeeming feature is Michael Shannon hamming up.

Now that I'm more awake, a few thoughts.

The Hulk with that kind of control is not really my kind of Hulk. I would have been of a few that the Hulk tearing up that City probably should be what he's like at all times. Cringe at him sitting on the plane bit at the end. I like Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner, but his character effectively feels like a doormat to Tony Stark, enabling him to do whatever the feck he says.

You could argue that the ending was once again the world at stake here 2.0. But as a guy with a chronic vertigo, I certainly appreciated the ambition of the showdown.

Quiksilver probably an inevitable death with the X-Men clash.

The Vision was every bit as class as I hoped he would be.

Perhaps with watching all the movies at once yesterday, I felt exhausted by it all, but even more so by the new look to the team and the amount of cameos from other films chipping in. It's even more exhausting thinking about all the new heroes and films that will be involved in phase 3. Don't get me wrong, it feels like the nadir point on how convoluted this film universe is either here on or on the brink of being here. I found there being enough new characters as it is being brought into the team with Falcon, Iron Patriot, Scarlett Witch and Vision being brought into the mix. There is still Ant-Man Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Spiderman rebooted again to join in, I could find myself warvering. (Let's not forget the DC films, Fantastic Four and X-Men films and f**k knows whatever other re-boot they'll shoehorn in, and this is me talking about the film universe only. Don't even get me started on the ever expanding TV universe of both Marvel and DC.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

I like the look of it though I find it hard to believe the Joker would lie for however long and let someone tattoo him or even ask them for it. I'm probably looking into it too much though.

Its hard to judge how we'll see him portrayed tbh. The look is a bit.... much, but i get the feeling he'll be far far darker than Ledgers version. The fact he has capped teeth due to Batman smashing them all out suggests this dark past between the two.