Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

The CGI was poor? Do folk just say this now? I don't recall any poor CGI

Talk about poor CGI? Talk about Green Lantern.

Wasn't really a spoiler I'm pretty sure that facility was in the last avengers? Missed the spidey reference? Also had to leave before the end credits scene, anyone care to shed any light?

Only gets revealed in Age of Ultron as the new facility, when Stark is leaving, then they reveal the new Avengers, Falcon, Scarlett Witch, War Machine and Vision.

Talk about poor CGI? Talk about Green Lantern.

Only gets revealed in Age of Ultron as the new facility, when Stark is leaving, then they reveal the new Avengers, Falcon, Scarlett Witch, War Machine and Vision.

always wondered how war machine/iron patriot became an avenger given the suit belongs to the US or so it seemed after Iron Man 2

always wondered how war machine/iron patriot became an avenger given the suit belongs to the US or so it seemed after Iron Man 2

I imagine after Iron Man 3, when Stark blows up all his suits, except the one, in Age of Ultron, obviously he leaves the Avenger program but I imagine, War Machine will be the government man on the program, keeping them in touch and up to date, could only imagine, it'll be key for Civil War, he'll be torn between Stark and Cap (his current leader.)

Be as well posting a chocolate teapot.

Yeah, I know.. it does seem legit with some of the stuff they are posting, like this picture.

https://twitter.com/Russo_Brothers/status/621691689065910273

Could easily be the Sokovia Accords, the accords mentioned in the Ant Man end of credits and Sokovia was obviously the main part of Age of Ultron.

Who knows, it could be fake but we'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by CodenameDuchess

Considering we got our first look at Civil War in the post-credit scene (a scene taken from the movie itself), will a trailer be released soon?

We'll get a trailer at D23 Expo which takes place on August 14-16.

That Russo Brothers twitter account has been followed by the boy who is playing Spider Man in Civil War, seems legit now.

Edited by CodenameDuchess

We'll get a trailer at D23 Expo which takes place on August 14-16.

That Russo Brothers twitter account has been followed by the boy who is playing Spider Man in Civil War, seems legit now.

The pictures don't reveal much but it certainly builds up more anticipation (not that it's really needed).

I can't see Spider-Man being revealed any time soon. Probably a wee hint at the end of the trailer but his costume or anything won't be revealed until closer to the time - much like The Vision for Age of Ultron.

The pictures don't reveal much but it certainly builds up more anticipation (not that it's really needed).

I can't see Spider-Man being revealed any time soon. Probably a wee hint at the end of the trailer but his costume or anything won't be revealed until closer to the time - much like The Vision for Age of Ultron.

With all the batman/superman hype I think they might gamble and release a bit more than they did when they had the monopoly!

I imagine we'll get a hint but who knows, the pictures show the fabric of the costume and what looks like one of eyes of the mask. All depends on if they follow the comics (can't really as so many other franchises are involved) I imagine Spidey will be either a fleeting moment or a huge mark, seems like it might be a fleeting moment though.

Spider Man is confirmed for Civil War, no?

Yeah he is but what size of role he has is unknown. They only knew they could use him a couple of months before they began filming so I don't think he'll be given too big a part.

Yeah he is but what size of role he has is unknown. They only knew they could use him a couple of months before they began filming so I don't think he'll be given too big a part.

He plays a fairly big part in the comics though. His 'reveal' and the character arc after that are the driving force of the comics. It's a Cap v Stark story but the human element is due to Spidey and the decision he makes, (the side he chooses). Everyone knows Steve Rodgers is Captain America, Romanov is Widow etc so they need a major character like Spidey to make the emotional conflict part work. Even if they had written the script with another character playing this part I think they would definitely adjust it for the greater impact.

Should be a cracking film if they get it right.

He plays a fairly big part in the comics though. His 'reveal' and the character arc after that are the driving force of the comics. It's a Cap v Stark story but the human element is due to Spidey and the decision he makes, (the side he chooses). Everyone knows Steve Rodgers is Captain America, Romanov is Widow etc so they need a major character like Spidey to make the emotional conflict part work. Even if they had written the script with another character playing this part I think they would definitely adjust it for the greater impact.

Should be a cracking film if they get it right.

Apparently Black Panther is getting this sort of role in the movie

Really? But his identity is widely known as he is

the ruler of a Kingdom and had to 'audition' for the role of Panther

The films aren't remakes of the comics though. They can use any backstory for any character they want.

The films aren't remakes of the comics though. They can use any backstory for any character they want.

The animated universe ones have been pretty tight to certain comics and storylines though.

Edit: realised you were referring to Black Panther!

Edited by Mark Connolly

The take a great deal of source info from the comics. The origin story of that character will be, it's my guess, from a popular comic series called 'who is the ***** *******?' from the 90s.