Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

surely you'd think an 18, maybe edit a few bits for a 15 but i hope not, deadpool is a more violent type of superhero, would hate to see him toned down

I hope they keep it close to the original Deadpool too but I don't at the same time because that'll probably warrant an 18 :lol: Just need to hope my mate's still working at the cinema by then so he can sort me out lol.

Edit: On the topic of movie certificates, I was hoping they'd take Suicide Squad to a darker level and put it as a 15 but it won't happen as DC won't want to alienate a large proportion of folk. Fox have it easier with Deadpool as they've spent less money on it and they'd alienate people by NOT giving it a higher certificate.

Edited by accies1874

Marvel seem to have done well since the first X Men movie was released. Overall story integration of the Avengers team/individual member films along with Agents Of Shield is great. DC seems to be far too scattergun.

Would love to see HBO do Garth Ennis justice. Preacher is long overdue a series (development he'll for years ) and The Boys would be outstanding.

• 2 weeks later...

On the TV shows, looks like The Punisher is going to be on the way, meaning that Daredevil is setting it up in the same way that Jessica Jones has set up Luke Cage.

With Jessica Jones Season 2 confirmed, there's a lot of good Netflix Marvel stuff coming.

On the TV shows, looks like The Punisher is going to be on the way, meaning that Daredevil is setting it up in the same way that Jessica Jones has set up Luke Cage.

With Jessica Jones Season 2 confirmed, there's a lot of good Netflix Marvel stuff coming.

still got iron fist to come as well, perhaps luke cage will lead into iron fist's tv show

I'm looking forward to Suicide Squad but this trailer gives the impression they're going for really strange as opposed to really dark. I just hope they don't spurn the opportunity of doing something a bit different just to appeal to a wider audience.

Is that full on Joker origins there?!

Wouldn't think so. There'll no doubt be a Harley origin, though

.Watching it again, I hope there aren't too many forced in bits of dialogue reminding us they're "bad guys" as they should be showing us instead. I think the trailer also gives a decent idea of those that'll not make it past the hour mark lol.

I'd honestly give up a kidney if someone would pick up a Judge Dredd series.

Yup, this.

Would need a brutally large budget though.

ETA - from a 2000AD point of view, there is a Button Man proposal for TV in process with JJ Abrams TV production company.

Edited by milton75

The Sandman movie is supposed to go into pre production this year. It's my all time favourite comic which makes me quite scared of what New Line will do with it. If it's not an R then they may as well not bother. (Someone like The Corinthian can only be full on eating young boys eyes with his ocular teeth and just wouldn't work any other way).

My other concern is that they try to market it is a teen angst goth, (see Twilight), type movie. Dream, Death and Delirium would be very marketable for that type of project.

Anyone else patiently waiting on this one or is it just me?

The Sandman movie is supposed to go into pre production this year. It's my all time favourite comic which makes me quite scared of what New Line will do with it. If it's not an R then they may as well not bother. (Someone like The Corinthian can only be full on eating young boys eyes with his ocular teeth and just wouldn't work any other way).

My other concern is that they try to market it is a teen angst goth, (see Twilight), type movie. Dream, Death and Delirium would be very marketable for that type of project.

Anyone else patiently waiting on this one or is it just me?

Kind of waiting on it. But more with trepidation than excitement.

The problem is that there's more for them to get wrong than there is to get right.

When Terry Gilliam gave up on making Watchmen (after working on treatments for several years) the reason he gave was that he didn't think he could improve on the source material.

If more directors and studios had that honesty and respect for material, a great deal fewer mediocre adaptations would be made.