Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Kind of waiting on it. But more with trepidation than excitement.

The problem is that there's more for them to get wrong than there is to get right.

I know what you mean. The original plan to make it a TV series sounded great. There is just far too much there to make a movie and you just know they'll rip the best parts from across the whole series and try to cram it into an hour and a half.

I could just imagine fantastic episodes of the week like the terrific Shakespeare/Midsummer Nights storyline in a TV format and it would be ace. One of the best things about the comic was the supporting characters such as Mad Hettie and Merv Pumpkinhead, I just don't see a movie being able to cram everything in and still have time for these guys too.

Deadpool midnight showing is sold out in the Cineworld Glasgow City Centre. Didn't realise it'd be that popular.

I don't see why it wouldn't be at all. Having played the simulation games, I think the potential of it could be ridiculously good. For once a superhero film that with any luck won't be air-bushed in the slightest.

That is the hope of course.

I avoided those until late last year.

Actually thought they were alright :unsure:

I think, with exception of Spider-man 2, the Andrew Garfield movies are considerably better than the lauded Sam Raimi ones - they still weren't the Spider-man I've been waiting for though.

Spider-man was always much more about Peter Parker and the problems of being a social outcast teenager being forced to make ends meet who then also happened to have the problem of trying to save New York in his spare time. He has to have bills and huge family pressures as well as the stigma of being a pariah in the press. Things can't go well for Spider-man because that's where his stories are different to most other Superheroes. He can't be a cool, good looking skateboarding emo or there is no contrast between the guy who wears the mask and the kid that everyone ignores.

If they want to make a good Spider-man film then they really have to punish him to the point of cruelty but he just keeps fighting, (and more importantly wisecracking), on. The movies can be developed so that he then gets to boff a beautiful actress after all the pain.

The first Garfield Spider-man was quite good. The second movie was okay, however, it was badly affected by the studio trying to shoehorn as many villains and characters as they could in order to promote/ kick start the hype about The Sinister Six movie and the other rumoured Spider-man spin offs.

• 2 weeks later...

I still cant wrap my head around the new Captain America film plot, just doesn't fly with me that Tony Stark suddenly wants limitations and to be told what he can and cant do and Cap to suddenly want to do whatever he wants to do. I know it'll involve Bucky somehow and if he went along with it he'll send his mate down the river but I still find that incredibly weak.

11thHour, on 09 Feb 2016 - 14:02, said:

I still cant wrap my head around the new Captain America film plot, just doesn't fly with me that Tony Stark suddenly wants limitations and to be told what he can and cant do and Cap to suddenly want to do whatever he wants to do.

I'm pretty sure it's not going to be that simple.

It'll certainly involve Bucky but it'll also be related to Stark seeing all of the Avengers dead in the vision Scarlet Witch planted in his head at the beginning of AoU and Stark wanting to keep tabs on anyone with the ability to do so. Not to mention the fact that he pretty much caused what it seems they're calling "The Sokovia Accords" so he'll be feeling guilty. Cap will be disenfranchised with authority due to S.H.I.E.L.D's dodgy workings in Winter Soldier and that Bucky is obviously his best mat and pretty much all he has left from his old life so wants to protect that.

Pretty much no point in you all seeing the movie now ;)

Captain America is an old school conservative American. Big on personal freedoms, liberty, classic American Dream stuff really. He also fought directly against Hitler and the Nazis. Not surprising he might be opposed to superhero registration and keeping tabs on people.

Exactly, it's not a major stretch, especially when you consider his objections to the SHIELD use of the Helicarriers in TWS.

So is Suicide Squad a comedy? Will Smith is in no way gritty.

It looks like it is going to be as bad as the abominable Andrew Garfield Spiderman movies.

Pass.

Will Smiths a pretty fucking good serious actor, tbf.

Imagine it will have a hint of humour in it though, like most films.