Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

I was Iron Man for a lot of it as I didn't really think the Sokovia Accords were that big of a deal. I didn't think Cap had much of a reason to stand up to them. As the movie went on, I didn't really have a side as I thought they both had strong arguments.

Team Cap from the start. Think these films and Evans amazing acting has really made cap into a great character. Agree with the above that this is RDJ's best Iron Man preformance. Even with such a massive cast it never for a second felt cluttered or confusing. Loved Spiderman in this, really surprised me how good this kid, who was a complete unknown to me absolutely nailed the character.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

Loved it. The mass brawl was so well done. My main thing here being a Spiderman fan was how he was handled. Well played. He was excellent. The 2nd post credit scene as well had me giggling like a small child.

Black panther as well was a very good addition. I had recently re-read civil and was nice to see so many nods to it and as near as possible with the storyline. I'm still torn if I prefer this over winter soldier. 2nd viewing needed.

Even in the points where there was no action they built everything up well. What a time to be a geek

Just out of my second viewing of Civil War. Think I enjoyed it even better second time around.

Spider-Man & Ant Man were ace in what were essentially extended cameos and they managed to fit everyone in quite well without any of it feeling forced.

Oh, and Marisa Tomei's still got it. Aunt Hottie indeed!

I really enjoyed it and it's definitely one of Marvel's best.

I did have one small issue though;

I know that they are super heroes, but the amount of damage most of them took and then walked away from mostly unscathed makes them seem almost invincible. I know that Rhodes got the old back injury, but the others just got a couple of scratches and bruises. It takes away some of the peril and element that they are truly in danger. Cap fell from a huge height in the Siberian Winter Soldier complex and didn't have as much as a broken bone. I get that he's enhanced, but he can still be hurt and is still mortal. As I say it's a pretty small issue and didn't detract from how good the film is, but I feel there needs to be more consequences in the future. Obviously at least one or two will die in the first Infinity War film, so it's perhaps understandable that they want to keep some of the 'big stuff' back for then, but there needs to be more of an element that these heroes can be hurt and can be killed and are under threat for when Thanos comes along.

Also there simply needs to be a GIF made of Bucky and Falcon in the car smiling and nodding at Cap when he

Pulls Sharon Carter

Edited by DA Baracus

Also there simply needs to be a GIF made of Bucky and Falcon in the car smiling and nodding at Cap when he

I forgot about that  :lol:

Falcon had great lines all over the movie. He was a constant highlight whenever he appeared.

Yeah, I've been impressed with how they've handled the character. Always thought he was a bit meh in the comics but he's brilliant on screen.

I guess partly good writing and partly Anthony Mackie's charisma.

Saw it today. Agree about Falcon - he's been a delight in every film so far. Great character.

I was annoyed by 2 things.

1) Why rewrite Peter Parker as being in some high-rise with a hot aunt? That's a pointless change.

2) Why rewrite Zemo as not being Hydra? They could have had any old person being the revenge-driven psycho.

Yeah, I've been impressed with how they've handled the character. Always thought he was a bit meh in the comics but he's brilliant on screen.

How dare you!

e23a02d3123ffeefbcf9e08daca4c176.jpg

Saw it today. Agree about Falcon - he's been a delight in every film so far. Great character.

I was annoyed by 2 things.

1) Why rewrite Peter Parker as being in some high-rise with a hot aunt? That's a pointless change.

2) Why rewrite Zemo as not being Hydra? They could have had any old person being the revenge-driven psycho.

I assume point 1 is to make it more "modern" and "appealing" for a younger audience or some other shite