Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

On 10/20/2016 at 17:00, JamieStevenson said:

This looks ace.

However, when is it set? Is is set in the same timeline and after The Wolverine (where Jean is dead)? Or is it set in the timeline and after Apocalypse (where Jean is alive)? Or is it set after Days of Future Past (also where Jean is alive)?

Edited by DA Baracus

Just back from watching this, actually really enjoyed it, which surprised me as Dr. Strange isn't one of my favs!!!
Anyway cutting to the chase, as usual was one of the saddo's waiting till the very end on the 2nd Easter Egg, it just starts and the fuckers switch it off and bring the lights up. Cue the angry walk to the manager's office for an apology, an explanation and fair restitution by all four of my fellow sad acts, moral of the story, don't mess with a comic anoraks cinematic pleasure!!![emoji35]
So with comps in the wallet can anyone tell me what happened in the final E.G.???
Put in spoilers or PM me please!!!

On 10/22/2016 at 13:14, DA Baracus said:

This looks ace.

However, when is it set? Is is set in the same timeline and after The Wolverine (where Jean is dead)? Or is it set in the timeline and after Apocalypse (where Jean is alive)? Or is it set after Days of Future Past (also where Jean is alive)?

It's set "Decades" after DOFP, So my first question was how old is Xavier now? I agree that it looks amazing, xmen meets The Last of Us, but yeah the timeline is looking rather confused, DOFP left Logan looking rather hope full in the new timeline. The issue is, DOFP had the events set "sometime" after the events of The Wolverine and the first 3 films, when Logan altered the timeline presumably he was returned to the exact same date but in the new timeline.

After a quick google:

1962 - First Class
1973 - DOFP past
1979 - Xmen Origin's The Wolverine
1983  - Apocalypse
2003 - X1 & X2
2006 - X3
2013 - The Wolverine
2023 - DOFP Future

Deadpool ignores the timeline entirely.

Xavier was born 1932, which means he was 91 during the film, if Logan is "decades" later then he is well over 100 years old during the film. The timeline would make more sense if for example rather than return to 2023, with the timeline changing as it did if Logan woke up in say 2006. 

• 4 weeks later...
just had a wee look on netflix there, they are advertising a punisher series with no release date yet, but at least its going to be there, he was an excellent character in the daredevil series so looking forward to this big time

Thought it was already confirmed?

8 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I seem to remember it being confirmed right after Daredevil Season 2. Could be wrong. It's good news either way :)

There is also Ironfist and Defenders on Netflex next year.

Defenders includes Jessica Jones and Daredevil which is why there next series has been pushed back to 2018