Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

15 minutes ago, bennett said:

Spiderman looks about 12 ffs, thought he was meant to be a photographer for some newspaper.

As I'm sure many comic book fans will tell you, he started out a high school kid.

So the casting is pretty spot on, at least in terms of age.

• 4 weeks later...
as sad as it sounds, watching them film for even a part of a day would be cool as f**k

Given how CGI-heavy it is, I don't think it'd be much of a spectacle. Would quite like to get involved as an extra, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Defenders is going to be epic. I really don't like the Iron Fist character from the comics but they seem to have made him more rounded if that trailer is a gauge. I think one of the more interesting things about the Defenders project is which villain they'll choose. The rumour is Mephisto but I'm not sure how a big red demon fits into a universe which has been successful because of it's gritty realism, (discounting the fact that the principal characters have superpowers). Of course, they could just make him look like a regular guy but still be, essentially, The Devil, and that might work.

Maybe the whole Mephisto thing will stem from the bloomin big hole in Daredevil S.2 and that series did start to introduce a supernatural element. Also, the MCU Doctor Strange has maybe made this kind of villain more palatable for a TV audience?

As @milton75says, I can't wait!

I'm sure there was talk when Doctor Strange was announced we'll be headed into a more supernatural direction. Was maybe even Guardians of the Galaxy that started it.