Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

in the comic book civil war storyline stark is one of the heavy backers of the registration act that forces all heroes to name themselves and their powers, to the point where he gets spiderman to unmask himself

I thought it might've went that way in the comics, strange one considering the personality/attitude we've been shown so far but fair do's.

I thought it might've went that way in the comics, strange one considering the personality/attitude we've been shown so far but fair do's.

seemingly something happens that causes a massive fallout regarding superheroes, hopefully Agents of SHIELD cover it and we see what happens instead of them just jumping into the civil war film

Looks brilliant and the trailer is giving me hope that it will still be a Captain America story as opposed to "Avengers 2.5" as some folk have said. Hope they continue to show as much Spider-Man leading up to it as they've shown in this trailer too.

seemingly something happens that causes a massive fallout regarding superheroes, hopefully Agents of SHIELD cover it and we see what happens instead of them just jumping into the civil war film

I think the trailer makes it pretty clear.

Bucky is wanted by the government (you know, for all that killing and being part of Hydra). Cap wants to protect him since the brainwashing looks like it's worn off. They government try to bring Bucky in but Cap (and Falcon) batter the agents and aid Bucky's escape.

Some politician knob says the Avengers (the group we saw at the end of AOU) should be held accountable and that with their abilities are dangerous so drafts some legislation (Superhero Act?) that is objectionable to some (the Avengers) but is convincing to others (Iron Man, Widow) due to their past.

The Avengers are branded criminals and Iron Man (and others) are tasked with 'bringing them in'. Other heroes not currently in The Avengers (Black Panter? Spiderman?) will be required to sign up to the Superhero Act but will also find it objectionable so will fight on the side of The Avengers.

Some shit will go down regarding a so far unseen Infinity Gem (we've only seen 4 of the 6 so far) that means they will find about Thanos and his plan and so realise they need to concentrate on that threat.

Oh and at least one major character dies (actually it might be the death of the character that stops the fighting rather than what I just said since there are at least 3 other films before Infinity War Part 1).

Bucky is wanted by the government (you know, for all that killing and being part of Hydra). Cap wants to protect him since the brainwashing looks like it's worn off. They government try to bring Bucky in but Cap (and Falcon) batter the agents and aid Bucky's escape.

Some politician knob says the Avengers (the group we saw at the end of AOU) should be held accountable and that with their abilities are dangerous so drafts some legislation (Superhero Act?) that is objectionable to some (the Avengers) but is convincing to others (Iron Man, Widow) due to their past.

The Avengers are branded criminals and Iron Man (and others) are tasked with 'bringing them in'. Other heroes not currently in The Avengers (Black Panter? Spiderman?) will be required to sign up to the Superhero Act but will also find it objectionable so will fight on the side of The Avengers.

Some shit will go down regarding a so far unseen Infinity Gem (we've only seen 4 of the 6 so far) that means they will find about Thanos and his plan and so realise they need to concentrate on that threat.

Oh and at least one major character dies (actually it might be the death of the character that stops the fighting rather than what I just said since there are at least 3 other films before Infinity War Part 1).

quite a good theory, i hope its not simply "bucky" that is the cause of the registration act, im looking forward to a possible inhuman tie in with AoS (which then leads to the inhumans being put into the film universe)

in the comics they have spiderman revealing that he is peter parker, i wonder if civil war will do that, and i cant see there being a major character death unless they plan on killing steve rodgers and bucky picks up the mantle, however evans has gave an interview about his plans before filming infinity wars so f**k knows

good that the trailer has been released, guessing potential future storylines is an endless debate with the MCU given they can pretty much go in any direction they want

I like the fact that it's General Ross pushing the agenda too. He's a pleasingly bellendish character in the Hulk films. There will be folk in Shield like Sharon Carter (who apparently is standing next to Martin Freeman at 1:22) who will presumably be on Cap's side.

Yeah thats exactly what I got from the trailer, I wasnt disputing that, I was more baffled by Stark's sudden change of heart but as said earlier his point of views have been slowly changing for a few films now so hopefully they explain it a bit further in this movie.

Love the bit where Bucky and Cap are having at Stark one at a time.

With regards to the theory that a major character dying stopping the fighting, if that happens it'll be a bit weak because theses guys surely aren't fighting to maim? They know if they dont actually kill their opponents they'll just keep coming.

Yeah thats exactly what I got from the trailer, I wasnt disputing that, I was more baffled by Stark's sudden change of heart but as said earlier his point of views have been slowly changing for a few films now so hopefully they explain it a bit further in this movie.

Love the bit where Bucky and Cap are having at Stark one at a time.

With regards to the theory that a major character dying stopping the fighting, if that happens it'll be a bit weak because theses guys surely aren't fighting to maim? They know if they dont actually kill their opponents they'll just keep coming.

Doesn't have to be on the new Avengers who dies. Could be someone on the Stark/Widow side. It is just a theory though that I'm basing on nothing.

Where is The Vision incidentally?

Got Ant Man on DVD today. Very interesting post credit scene;

It's a scene from Civil War. You see a bit in the trailer where Cap and Falcon find Bucky about to crush his metal arm. This adds 30 seconds on. Cap says to Falcon "This would have been a lot easier a week ago" to which Falcon replies "I might know a guy". If the insinuation wasn't clear enough then the fact that they flash up on screen 'Ant Man will return' immediately after surely is

I have to say I thought Ant man was a much better film than Age of Ultron

It certainly is, although this wouldn't be difficult. On the spoiler...

I took the "Ant Man will return" thing to just mean he'll have a new movie coming. That's usually what that caption means.

It certainly is, although this wouldn't be difficult. On the spoiler...

I took the "Ant Man will return" thing to just mean he'll have a new movie coming. That's usually what that caption means.

He's confirmed in Civil War and has a movie with Wasp in 2019 or 2020 (can't remember which).