Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

the ginger guy (wildling leader that for some reason I can't mind his name) are going to be a great team.

sub us a fix renton mate :) hope his character gets more of a story as he is a great actor.

They're not unlucky: they're utterly shit at the game. Thrown into a laughable rebellion by Littlefinger (and who knows the other figures working behind the scenes); Ned Hibsed a palace coup; Robb then Hibsed the war by alienating his chief allies and reneging on a marriage alliance. Leaving four children roaming around a kingdom in civil war: they're lucky that any of them are still alive.

In terms of crap major factions they're down there with the Ironborh in their futile and entirely predictable moves.

As much as I like them, you're spot on. Ned was a complete and utter moron. For all the bravado of the "I don't fight in tournaments because when I fight a man on the battlefield, I don't want him to know what I can do" line at the beginning, he spent the whole of the first book/series constantly showing his hand to everyone and failing to think more than one move ahead.

I really didn't see Jon leaving the Night's Watch but it does open up some pretty interesting possibilities for him.

I have to agree there. The Starks seem to have an intrinsic part in the whole story and I have no doubt that going forward the remaining remnants of the family will do their bit but on the whole they really are just pretty much getting shafted. They do seem to occupy the 'hero' aspect of the whole story, though - if there is one - and I wouldn't be surprised to see Sansa/Bran/Rickon/Jon all end up in favourable positions at the end. 

I have to agree there. The Starks seem to have an intrinsic part in the whole story and I have no doubt that going forward the remaining remnants of the family will do their bit but on the whole they really are just pretty much getting shafted. They do seem to occupy the 'hero' aspect of the whole story, though - if there is one - and I wouldn't be surprised to see Sansa/Bran/Rickon /Jon all end up in favourable positions at the end.

Favourable? Unsure. I see Rickon ending up nailed to a cross having various body parts hacked off whilst Ramsay dances around to "Stuck In The Middle With You".

The more the ruthlessness of their respective situations currently living in rubs off on the Starks, the better chances they have of surviving IMO. I quite like the idea with Jon dying and coming back a bit different (in the way Beric Dondarrion described whenever he is brought back), and that it might take the whole hero edge off him a bit.

Also, Pycelle. Haven't LOL'd that much at a fart on the TV since the Nutty Professor.

On thrones cast they mentioned that the three eyed raven tree guy was a Targaryen?? I didn't know that. How many Targaryens are actually out there - would he have a claim to the throne if he wanted it similar to that of the old boy that was at the wall that died last season?

On thrones cast they mentioned that the three eyed raven tree guy was a Targaryen?? I didn't know that. How many Targaryens are actually out there - would he have a claim to the throne if he wanted it similar to that of the old boy that was at the wall that died last season?

He was a legitimised b*****d of Aemon's (the maester of Castle Black)grandfather. He was exiled to the Nights Watch about 80 years before current events, became Lord Commander and dissapeared when out ranging about 50 years or so before current events. As he now lives as a part tree I dont see him having much claim on the throne, about the same as the Blackfyres all over Essos.

They're not unlucky: they're utterly shit at the game. Thrown into a laughable rebellion by Littlefinger (and who knows the other figures working behind the scenes); Ned Hibsed a palace coup; Robb then Hibsed the war by alienating his chief allies and reneging on a marriage alliance. Leaving four children roaming around a kingdom in civil war: they're lucky that any of them are still alive.

In terms of crap major factions they're down there with the Ironborh in their futile and entirely predictable moves.

I'm pleased to see the Ironborn getting more of a role in this series.  Their invasion of the North has been a disaster and all we've seen of their vaunted martial abilities are Theon capturing a Castle with barely any resistance, lose it and his cock and balls and his comrades in Moat Callin starve to death.  Hopefully Asha and Euron get to rampage about a bit.  

So buzzing for Littlefinger to return to mumble incoherently in a dreadful Irish accent. Which in itself is a feat considering Aiden Gillan is actually Irish.

I think he spent too much time practicing his Baltimore accent.  I watched a film he was in called Calvary, playing an Irish guy.  The (Irish) person I was watching it wouldn't believe Gillan was Irish, as his accent in the film is so bad.  Even though it's his own accent.  Very strange.

Also the fact that he changed accents half way through Game of Thrones.  I hope that has been rectified - the bad accent ratio seems much lower so far in series 6.

This may have been answered already, but where are Littlefinger and Bronn?

Edited by Savage Henry