Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

I think Dany might be a red herring. Her story looks like she'll sweep all before her and end up on the throne but I wouldn't be surprised if she comes a cropper before the crown sits on her head. I've always thought Jon Snow would end up on the throne once his true parentage, (what most believe to be his parentage anyway), is known.

They'd have bumped her off long before now if she was going to get killed. Her arc is so insanely dull, and she is such a bad actress that there's no way she continues as a red herring.

She, Jon Snow (and the more I think of it, Tyrion, although he's very popular so probably falls under the Charles Dance rule) are in it for the duration.

I think he is. He is clearly one of the most important characters in the entire show and it can't be because he is funny and likes a bevvy.

"His" Twitter feed - a conceptual nightmare - is playing the dragon angle up no end. Almost to the point of spoilers. Edited by Savage Henry

But who actually knows Jon's parentage? Most of the people that do are pan, and I doubt anyone alive that knows is gonna speak up for him.

I'm sure that Bran will find out. He'd get the support he needs after he inevitably defeats the Boltons, Lannisters and White Walkers. (maybe while riding a big black Dragon).

They'd have bumped her off long before now if she was going to get killed. Her arc is so insanely dull, and she is such a bad actress that there's no way she continues as a red herring.

She, Jon Snow (and the more I think of it, Tyrion, although he's very popular so probably falls under the Charles Dance rule) are in it for the duration.

I actually think this is why she'll die near the end. Her story seems so inevitable, it probably won't be.

But who actually knows Jon's parentage? Most of the people that do are pan, and I doubt anyone alive that knows is gonna speak up for him.

Howland Reed. Along with Ned Stark, he was the only other survivor from the Tower of Joy. Coincidence that his daughter is now with Bran Stark?

I'm assuming Bran will see flashbacks to the Tower of Joy and all will be revealed.

Edited by MONKMAN

Didn't he also say something along the lines of if he didn't do so much shagging he'd drink more?

Close

“If I lost my cock, I’d drink all the time.â€

Howland Reed. Along with Ned Stark, he was the only other survivor from the Tower of Joy. Coincidence that his daughter is now with Bran Stark?

I'm assuming Bran will see flashbacks to the Tower of Joy and all will be revealed.

I have a sneaky suspicion that it'll be fairly soon too (this season or probably even this week - which I suspect you're meaning).

I mean what have we got left, 2 seasons after this?

If Dany's going to cross the ocean, Jon's going to rise to power (at least in the north), and we're going to get the war with the White Walkers then there's a lot to fit into two seasons.

We also have the intricacies of the Bran & Arya plots, an inevitable war with Dorne and however the Ironborn are going to play their part in the story to fit in between all that too (the Dorne war may be over within this season though).

I think the full stories going to become clearer pretty quickly and the whole thing will keep moving at a fair pace until the end now.

Edited by Spain

I have a sneaky suspicion that it'll be fairly soon too (this season or probably even this week - which I suspect you're meaning).

If Dany's going to cross the ocean, Jon's going to rise to power (at least in the north), and we're going to get the war with the White Walkers then there's a lot to fit into two seasons.

We also have the intricacies of the Bran & Arya plots, an inevitable war with Dorne and however the Ironborn are going to play their part in the story to fit in between all that too (the Dorne war may be over within this season though).

I think the full stories going to become clearer pretty quickly and the whole thing will keep moving at a fair pace until the end now.

I'd heard rumours that the Tower of Joy scenes were happening soon. I think the flashbacks of Winterfell last week, were there as a taster of what we'll see possibly as soon as this week.

As you say, there's a lot to fit in but it's all starting to come together. I believe there's 13 more episodes after this season, so another 21 episodes left to conclude the entire show. I plan to savour each and every one of them.

^^^

post-60600-game-of-thrones-hodor-gif-img

So there's literally one person that knows the true parentage of Jon. Firstly who is going to believe one guy? Is he gonna pull a wig off the top of Jon's head to reveal blonde hair? And secondly why would he come forward and say anything? Putting people he cares about at risk.

"His" Twitter feed - a conceptual nightmare - is playing the dragon angle up no end. Almost to the point of spoilers.

I think it's a given, normal people don't just giving dragons a wee clap.

If, for talking sake, Jon is a targ and everyone knows.... Would he have a greater claim than Dany as his father would be Danys older brother ?

Yup. He'd be the direct descendant of the King and first in line.

So there's literally one person that knows the true parentage of Jon. Firstly who is going to believe one guy? Is he gonna pull a wig off the top of Jon's head to reveal blonde hair? And secondly why would he come forward and say anything? Putting people he cares about at risk.

His Mum, (probably), looks to have had jet black hair though. I think people in the North would rally to Jon anyway but once he's inevitably defeated everyone there will be no-one left to challenge him.

If, for talking sake, Jon is a targ and everyone knows.... Would he have a greater claim than Dany as his father would be Danys older brother ?

He wouldn't though, would he?  He'd still be illegitimate unless his parents married in secret (which I don't think they did?).  Dany, on the other hand, is a legitimate Targaryen.

He wouldn't though, would he?  He'd still be illegitimate unless his parents married in secret (which I don't think they did?).  Dany, on the other hand, is a legitimate Targaryen.

Robert took the Iron throne just by sitting in it though so it's more about power than legitimacy. However, I'm not sure it would matter if his parents were married just because of who they were.

I would guess that illegitimacy would probably far more important if your parents aren't both so high born.

ETA: Edited to say that if Jon is a Targaryen and a Stark then he is the only character who can unite the North, by virtue of being a Stark, and the South, where we have heard that people are still loyal to the Targaryens.

If he then gains Dany's support he also controls most other places.

Edited by killienick