Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Thought: during Balon's funeral the put him in a boat and shove it out to sea. Surely the tide would just float that thing back in later on?

Maybe that's what they mean by "what is dead may never die". They have a real problem getting rid of bodies.

Thought: during Balon's funeral the put him in a boat and shove it out to sea. Surely the tide would just float that thing back in later on?

You weren't the only one that thought that.

Also does anyone know if the priest in Game of Thrones continuity is one of Balon's brother?

I was absolutely creaming my pants as Ghost was gearing up for the fight. Would've loved him to rip Thorne's head off, but at the same time he'd definitely have been killed so enjoyed the Wildlings doing the job for him.

I reckon Ghost could've taken a fair fucking chunk of them tbh, the initial shock of a massive, white, wolf pouncing on your chest would give it a wee advantage.

unless the raft is designed to sink

Yes it is

Edit: chance we might check in with him soon

Well, his best pal is quite literally checking in. I think that storyline is pretty predictable.

Great episode, though the fun bags were not revealed.

Fair enough, I honestly had forgotten about him. He really should have been at Jon's side in that episode though.

That'd have been too much of a give away, surely?   Where Sam goes, there goeth Jon.

Even more than the opening credits of both episode one and episode two; the Actors' Guild kind of blew that one for everyone, despite the anti-spoilers from Sky Atlantic.

The Sam and Jon arc is television gold.  For one thing, it keeps the laughs coming on that side of things. He's basically the fat kid in Stand By Me.  Does something comical, then something sad, then something brave.  And never far from the side of the main dude, even when he's nowhere near him...

There are two people who are clearly destined to see the thing out... Sam's going to be there for the most part, and then bring the pathos, thus proving yer man isn't just some kind of cold hearted monster reborn. Even Game of Thrones has to play by traditional narrative convention sometimes.

This is just a theory, but it's one that I think the book readers will know more about and I'm not sure what people watching the show would make of it so I've spoilered it anyway:

Okay... so we all know the R+L=J theory and I think that at this stage it's fair to say that it's quite likely that Jon's a Targarean? I know there are counter theories and such but I'm definitely of the opinion that Jon is a Targarean. Anyway... what hints are there that little Tyrion is as well? He always dreamed of dragons as a child, always wanted one and seemed to get the dragons pretty chilled out without too much bother. Also one of the last things that Tywin said to him was "You're no son of mine." The Mad King was also a Mad Shagger so is there a chance that he shagged Tyrion's maw? There are three dragons that are going to eventually need three riders - Jon, Danny and Tyrion could all potentially be Targareans? Just a thought, I could be way off... would be interested in hearing from people who can remember more than me cause there's a good chance I've forgot/missed a bunch.

So let me get this straight, you're posting rumours and potential spoilers without spoiler tags? Great move.

No the waif says that in the House of Black and White while playing the Game of Faces. (Episode 6 from the last season.) 

No the waif says that in the House of Black and White while playing the Game of Faces. (Episode 6 from the last season.) 

Well if that's all it's based on then she was supposed to be lying at that point. She is "no-one".

This is just a theory, but it's one that I think the book readers will know more about and I'm not sure what people watching the show would make of it so I've spoilered it anyway:

Okay... so we all know the R+L=J theory and I think that at this stage it's fair to say that it's quite likely that Jon's a Targarean? I know there are counter theories and such but I'm definitely of the opinion that Jon is a Targarean. Anyway... what hints are there that little Tyrion is as well? He always dreamed of dragons as a child, always wanted one and seemed to get the dragons pretty chilled out without too much bother. Also one of the last things that Tywin said to him was "You're no son of mine." The Mad King was also a Mad Shagger so is there a chance that he shagged Tyrion's maw? There are three dragons that are going to eventually need three riders - Jon, Danny and Tyrion could all potentially be Targareans? Just a thought, I could be way off... would be interested in hearing from people who can remember more than me cause there's a good chance I've forgot/missed a bunch.

well it's mentioned in the books that the mad king had the hots for Tywin's wife and made a remark about wanting to pump her at her own wedding. He was also very aggressive with his own wife so part of that theory is that he raped tyrion's mum and that's why tywin despised both the mad king and tyrion. I never subscribed to that theory much until that scene with the dragons....

I think it might be a bit much to have both Jon Snow and Tyrion as secret Targaryens. In many aspects of Tyrions nature he's ultimately very like Tywin. There is also history in Westeros of non-Targaryens being able to manage and ride dragons. Tyrion would definitely know that with his love of books.